• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Abortion

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by ansem the wise 59, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Why can't he/she do it? He/she made the Earth supposedly in 7 days, pretty amazing huh?

2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

God can do whatever He wants to do. Nothing is impossible for Him. As you said with the creation of the universe.

3. But evidence shows that the Earth was around way before this seven days.

4. Waterfall17

Waterfall17 New Member

...Do you really think that God made the earth in 7 days according to a HUMAN's perception of time?

Seriously? ...(I apologize if I sound harsh...I'm a little upset right at the moment, so excuse any snideness or whatever, please)... not everything in the Bible is to be taken literally. There's this literary device called a metaphor. There's another one called a simile. The Bible has imagery!! It's part of creativity. 7 days might not be 7 days in our time (well, who am I to say it wasn't because I wasn't there...so maybe it was like that). It might be 7,000 years. Or 7 minutes.

And besides that point---why does that even matter?!

God made the universe with His voice. Did you make the universe, or could you make another? (If you don't already know this, the answer is no.) So why insist that you know more than God does by discrediting His Word?

5. Sovieto

Sovieto Banned

Just want to point something out to those of you who don't know anything: One day to god is one thousand years to us.

6. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

that isn't really "known". Thats assuming a day to god is a thousand years to us.

7. Waterfall17

Waterfall17 New Member

It does say that in the Bible. However, I still don't know what that means. Yes, I do believe that Scripture is inerrant, because it is God's Word, and He is infallible. Thus what He speaks is inerrant. Our perception of Scripture, though, is very limited without discernment/revelation from the Holy Spirit. Keeping this in mind, I think it is safe to say that we as humans simply don't understand time in the same constructs as God does, and our concept of a day, or a thousand years (or whatever time interval you'd like to substitute) could well be very different from God's. We just don't know.

Want to know something I do know? It doesn't really matter.

8. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

Time is a consrict on our fragile flesh bodies, Time is the true God in this Hell. It rules over all of us. So to say that God is affected by Time, or even uses it is truly foolish.
    In my belief, God is either Time itself, or he controls TIme, and lives in his Spiritual realm I like to call "Paradise", like what you all would consider Heaven.

9. Than he can just say "you won't kill your baby" like a freaking Jedi.

10. Waterfall17

Waterfall17 New Member

...We have already discussed this, but you insist on making me repeat myself. Which is fine, of course :)

Another time then: God loves us. He doesn't desire that we murder our children! But He allows us to make our own choices. For me it is difficult to the point of anguish…that you love someone so much that although you desire, desperately desire, yearn for, long for, love with an intense passion more fervent than a human could ever imagine, much less grasp with full understanding, to save them, this is not ever forced.

God has the power to do this; to save all. But not all choose, so not all are/will be saved. There is choice, beloved! Choice to either obey God or disobey Him. One leads to life, the other to death. And though He loves you like I expressed, a thousand times--an infinite number of times—He will not force you to come to Him.

Abortion is a choice, too, although obviously in a little different setting. Still, there is free will. While it displeases, grieves, and angers God that someone would choose to murder their own children, He allows their choices to continue. This is not to say at all that these decisions are without consequence. You will see. The consequences will be devastating.

Chastening and pruning for growth…and devastation that the people might hearken, be zealous, and repent, that God might spare them from His wrath. For He is just, and sin cannot go without punishment. Plus, if people do not know that they have sinned, they will continue in it. In this way, God reveals again His mercy, that He forgives us if we repent.

11. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

bolded = karma

DUH!?!?!?!?!

12. Waterfall17

Waterfall17 New Member

Why are you so insistent that this is karma?

Karma is part of Hinduism...and is not repentance. ?? Enlighten me, please.

13. Karma (as you should know) has become and American term for some reason. The belief that every action as a boomerang effect. I punched you in the chest and some time in the future maybe I get tackled and the part most affected was my chest, see?

14. Waterfall17

Waterfall17 New Member

Yes, I realize that the usage has become widespread in America. However, it's origin is India (Hinduism, Cosmic Law of Destiny/Fate), and it's meaning has not changed. This is why I don't understand why he keeps insisting that it is Karma...the Bible is not part of Hindu canon. (Obviously.)

15. Zenrot

Zenrot New Member

I can only assume he is reffering to that whole Do unto others as you want others to do unto you thing.

16. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

Yes. Its a belief/ideal Christianity "copied".

17. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Nobody neccescarily copied it. It's more of a common sense kind of thing actually. That is, of course, if there are certain morals that are inscribed into our genes.

18. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

nothing is 100% genetics. Nazis believe that genetics are 100%, and look were they ended up.
    I believe in a pie theory, genes can affect some more than others, while other people are completely changed do to their environment. Everything CAN change, freedom is reality.

As for karma, well, it really is a common sense thing, and thats why I believe in it, because we see it affect our daily lives. So there is no reason why religions shouldn't except it.

19. Waterfall17

Waterfall17 New Member

I disagree with karma because God isn't at the center of it, and He should be. And exactly how do you know that Christianity, to quote your words, copied this concept?

Last edited: May 14, 2009
  20. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

because Ancient religions and astrologists have had it since the dawn of man, and the Bible is earlier than that when it starts talking about karma.

karma does have god at the root, because god IS karma. He judges all, and makes sure those who deserve punishment get it, and those who deserve prosperity prosper.
    How is this cycle not centering god or any specific deity? Some one has to get on the bike before they can start peddling. Karma is the Bike, God is the rider.