• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Abortion

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by ansem the wise 59, Dec 10, 2007.

1. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

a debate is to an argument as a spar is to a fight.
    They can both be won, its just in a debate there are "rulez", and in a argument there really are "no rulez".

2. Zerieth

Zerieth Head Game Reviewer

Guys, your WAY off subject. I was trying to get this thing active with more view points, and this was NOT what i had in mind. I don't mean to sound like a mod, but if you're gonna post in a debate, make sure it is ON subject.

3. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

Its not off topic as the topic has come to a halt, there is only one opinion thus far in this debate, that has sparked a new debate. never mind the topic. a debate is a debate.

anyway, i never felt you would win in a spar, you don't win at training. similar to a debate, you don't need a winner, you need a mutual agreement.

4. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

sparring is inbetween an actual fight and training. Of course you can win a spar. Thats common sense!!

now most debates go for a long time, but eventually, in "real life", a debate has a winner. But on a thread such as this, its like a never-ending cycle, you'll never have a clear winner.
    That doesn't mean debates don't have winners.

5. Zerieth

*sigh* I'm getting a mod.

6. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Guys Get On

Topic!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not a debate on if a debate

can be won or not, but

this is a debate for abortion, if I see this

get off subject

again, then it won't be pretty.

7. Zerieth

Thank you star. I don't think the 9 point font was needed, but thanks.

8. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

@_@_@ -_- now all of you is real stupid for going way off subject. Come back from doing something real busy or because me & mom is always into something & y'all is doing something bad. Anyways, this abortion thing, it's really getting all of you. Seriously, how can you ban abortion? It's a 99.9% chance that taking it to the president or any other form of government won't work. Most definitely could've rally up pple who is also against abortion, but then, what would the government say about why abortion keep on continuing?

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  9. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

10. EtherealSummoner

@_@_@ A christian abortion doctor was killed today?!! Have mercy on his family. This what really gets to me:

"The slaying of the 67-year-old doctor is "an unspeakable tragedy," his widow, four children and 10 grandchildren said in statement issued by Monnat. "This is particularly heart-wrenching because George was shot down in his house of worship, a place of peace."
    The family said its loss "is also a loss for the city of Wichita and women across America. George dedicated his life to providing women with high-quality health care despite frequent threats and violence."

But this is the part that really gets to me:

Anti-abortion groups denounced the shooting and stressed that they support only nonviolent protest. The movement's leaders fear the killing could create a backlash just as they are scrutinizing U.S. Supreme Court nominee Sonia Sotomayor, whose views on abortion rights are not publicly known.
    "We are shocked at this morning's disturbing news that Mr. Tiller was gunned down," Troy Newman, Operation Rescue's president, said in a statement. "Operation Rescue has worked for years through peaceful, legal means, and through the proper channels to see him brought to justice. We denounce vigilantism and the cowardly act that took place this morning."
    In 1991, the Summer of Mercy protests organized by Operation Rescue drew thousands of anti-abortion activists to this city for demonstrations marked by civil disobedience and mass arrests.
    Tiller began providing abortion services in 1973. He acknowledged abortion was as socially divisive as slavery or prohibition but said the issue was about giving women a choice when dealing with technology that can diagnose severe fetal abnormalities before a baby is born.
    Nancy Keenan, president of abortion-rights group NARAL Pro-Choice America, issued a statement praising Tiller's commitment.
    "Dr. Tiller's murder will send a chill down the spines of the brave and courageous providers and other professionals who are part of reproductive-health centers that serve women across this country. We want them to know that they have our support as they move forward in providing these essential services in the aftermath of the shocking news from Wichita," Keenan said.
    After the 1991 protests, Tiller kept mostly to his heavily guarded clinic, although in 1997 he opened it to three tours by state lawmakers and the media."

Now we are really are in the end times. Seriously, that is way too cruel to gun down someone who do late-term abortion. Do all of you support this? I'm sure is not happy about this.

Last edited: May 31, 2009
  11. Destiny

Destiny Guest

I think abortion is bad, but I don't think it's fair that a doctor is killed, sure he works with women who get an abortion and stuff, but I mean come on, it's ridiculous.

12. Haresuno

Haresuno KH-3's Übermensch

Ridiculous:
    Tiller getting gunned down in a church
    Women getting late abortions
    Women who didn't practice actual safe sex and wanted abortions

Not Ridiculous:
    Giving women who have been raped the choice about keeping a child they might/might not want. So long as it is not a late abortion.

Have the child and put it up for adoption other wise.

Pro-choice

13. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Dang you believe in everything I believe. I believe it should be illegal but under certain condition should abortion be allowed....

rape or bad memories/ bad things in which a wmen has become pregnant

The child is not a happy healthy child, meaning the child is metaly or physically challenged

If the women will die having the child, when I say die meaning there's absoluetely nothing they can do to save the women.

If it's a case as the womenn does not want to go through teh pain of having a child, then the women should have never had sex and the if it's a case that she didn't want to have a child same reason shouldn't have had sex and now the women should have teh child and put it up for adoption.

14. Haresuno

Remember if you don't want a child tie the tubes. Even then though still practice safe sex.

By the way if you've got religious problems with abortions take it up with God once you see him.

15. Zerieth

I believe in all of that to it seems. I think that 3rd trimester abortions are the same as murder because the kids already coming out. It should only be first trimester abortions. And even then, you should have a good reason. Do i think the good doctor deserved to die? Hell no, and i hope the guy who did the killing has a rough time of it.

Last edited: Jun 1, 2009
  16. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

I mean, I think Pro-Life is Pro-Crazy by reading this. It just anger me to see how angry people get! I wonder what was he thinking by shooting him? Did the shooter think by killing him, the babies would come back? Or by Killing him Abortions is going to stop?

Just because this doctor do abortions, he is innocent too. He is a human breathing who had a career.

17. EtherealSummoner

??? What's trimester? I'm not getting off subject. I don't really know what the meaning of it.

18. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Stereotyping! WOOT! And I say you are stereotyping, because you basically just said that every pro life person is crazy. I think pro choice people are kinda crazy since they think things like abortion may be okay.

I suppose it is because the guy performed abortions.

I suppose you could say somebody may be innocent for one thing, but guilty for another. That brings up something that the media might not have mentioned. Correct me if I'm wrong (Since I haven't looked into this murder at all), but don't you think there is a possibility that the guy got murdered for something else? It could just be a coincidence that he was an abortion doctor.

And besides. How is that doctor innocent? He performed abortions. Legally, it's not a crime, but he's still guilty of performing abortions, just like I'm guilty of going to school today.

And another thing, children who are aborted are innocent too. In fact, they're more innocent than any of us. But is it because they aren't fully born that they don't have the same right to life as we do?

Trimester, as in three. During pregnancy, they split up the weeks in to three sections, each different trimester.

19. Haresuno

He was killed because he performed abortions, but he practiced one of the most ... how should we say ... morally wrong abortions. Yes there are different types. Some of the ones he performed were when the baby was near fully developed and if the mother would have waited -as an example I'll say- four weeks the baby would have been born. In this practice I disagree with. It would be easier to have the child and place them up for adoption.

20. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Which is why I don't support late abortions. At that point. . . It's just wrong.