• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

World ending / Major crisis 2012

Discussion in 'Mature Discussion' started by WayToTheDawn, Aug 23, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

To be exact Moogle is right.. The earth isn't going anywhere.. 2012 is bullshit, lets face it, we have been through like 2 crisis like this when will people learn? Its not happening don't do stupid shit like sell your farms or houses. 2012 wont' happen. The earth isn't going to blow up outta no where. If anything the sun is going to destroy earth before earth destroys earth :p

2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

-___- Or use a lot of nuclear bombs. Guess which country wants to test them out? Luckily that they was able to stop themselves from using nuclear weapons decades ago. Wonder if they will not get used for another 100 years from now or so.

3. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

North Korea of course it isn't really a guess. They wanna blow everything up its no surprise. They are always angry and shit. They wont' do anything for a while.

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Agreed. I don't think the earth is going anywhere, unless we really, really screw up somehow. Hopefully humans aren't that stupid.

What made those people say that? Do they know something we don't? Sounds like someone's just pulling out some random numbers to me. v_v

5. Autopsy

Autopsy #3 Nelliel Tu Oderschvank

Tell those people at your church that they'll most likely shave off 5 or 10 years from their lives with such ignorance.

6. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

a higher intellgent race, the government, another country, the UN, who knows. I think its very possible tho. look at history, someone is always enslaved. history repeats itself, right? well, we'v gone without slavery for a while (for the most part), so i think something will explode here and cause something dramatic like that to happen soon.

be more direct with the question. I HOPE that the world will stay here for a while, but idc if it does or doesnt in my life time.

7. EtherealSummoner

That was a guess. That's not what they really think that the world will actually will end in 10 years or less, but also because of some other religious things that I will not bring up here.

8. Mythril Roxas

Mythril Roxas New Member

wat religions, why wont u bring them up?

9. Autopsy

The world will end in the year 4thousand something, probably.

who knows? we'll be on the moon and mars by then.

10. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I would like to hear these reasons. There wasn't much sense in giving a number of years left if you weren't willing to support it with more information.

11. EtherealSummoner

-___- Nah. Best not to bring it up here. One of the reasons that I don't want to bring it up is because it's christian related & me bringing it up may result with me & Mythril debating about it & I'm not in a mood to do that for a while. WEll, I think I can tell you one reasons that they may have said that in my opinion. I think they be saying that the world will end in 10 years or 5 years or less may be based on the situations in the world, the events & things that people have caused, & the rumors that be spreading.

12. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

If something seriously bad were to happen during 2012, in all seriousness I would want it to be something like Assassin's Creed.

Some ancient group use alien technology to brainwash everybody so we're all basically mindless zombies.

Oh, and that humans were actually created by aliens or something.

13. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

Even though this place is in bad condition, it's not that bad yet. As soon as we hit "Wall-E" Earth Status and no one comes out side because of the mass amounts of junk everywhere, then we will have about 5-10 years, but as of now we have a few thousand left in us.

If your that worried then go GREEN! (;, that's what i do hah I try to do my part

14. Zerieth

Zerieth Head Game Reviewer

First, to address the whole case closed thing, I got yelled at when i said i had won a debate. These debates are not "Won" or "Lost" in this site, so no one should be saying it's over.

Also, i mentioned in my most recent post that i was wrong. You will note i provided my own outlooks on the events that would happen if the moon either squished us, or left us. Now, to address a few more things.

One,
    The earth should not be compared to something like say, a bowling ball. For one thing, a bowling ball is solid through out. The earth, is not.
    Our earth is in fact made up of mostly molten metal and rock, known as magma. If you think about it, only a fraction of our entire planet is made up of solid rock. Imagine the dent your "golf ball" would make in something hollow, and squishy.

Next, our planet isn't even solid. Our planet is in fact made up of several junks of shifting stone that make up our continents. Area's were these two different junks of land rub together are called faults. The North American continent actually sits square in between two of these. The Atlantic, and Pacific faults. The pacific fault is pretty famous in fact. Because of it, California is constantly pummeled by earth quakes. The Atlantic is not so much because it has been a incredibly long time since it last shifted, though it is far from dead. Some scientists believe that is simply stuck, and won't shift at all, but others say it has built up so much power in the time since it last shifted, that when if/when it does shift, it could create a earthquake so massive, that california will feel it all the way across the U.S. Anything in the east and midwest area will be leveled, or damaged. It is not likely that it will go anytime soon though, but faults are very unpredictable in times when they shift.

Now about the super volcano. Perhaps you guys don't appreciate the sheer mass of these things, or what they can really do. You will note in my last post that regular volcanoes make land masses and raise mountains. Hawaii is a case in point. Super volcanoes erase these land masses as if they didn't exist, and scientists have proved the existence of the yellow stone super volcano (I did get the name wrong and i apologize). Imagine, if you will, a bulge in the ground, almost like a small hill. Under neath this bulge, is a massive, no. A colossal mass of magma that is 400- 500 miles in height, and perhaps as wide. The only thing stopping this from coming out of the ground, is the bulge. As pressure builds, the bulge expands, and starts to crack. This happens very slowly, the last eruption was 6.2 billion years ago. Eventually the cracks get big enough that gasses begin escaping, which signals the eruption. When the pressure finally gets an out, it blasts right on through, and a lot of lava will come with. Land marks will be erased, and gigantic amounts of ash and gas will come soaring out. Have you ever wondered about the dino's dieing in a volcano theory? I mean, a volcano is destructive, but doesn't have anywhere close to the power required to put our planet into a volcanic winter. This big boy on the other hand, has more than enough power to do it. For 6.2 billion years it has sat, building power, waiting for the time when the bulge cracks and sends forth the power required to disrupt our seasons, blocking out the sun. What i mean to say is, this super volcano can and will erupt, and it can put us into a volcanic winter. If scientists believe it could before, you can bet it can now.

For those who still don't believe me, here is some reading for you.

Under Yellowstone — National Geographic Magazine

Last edited: Dec 11, 2009
  15. Autopsy

Examples are examples. And the moon is not going to crash into the Earth.
    Even if it 'did,' not everyone on earth would die.

And about the whole faults x giant, collective volcanoes' theory - Okay.
    Sure, it might happen. But there still aren't any factual parallels to those phenomenas happening and the year 2012.

16. Zerieth

I didn't say it would happen anytime soon. Scientists have in fact, figured out that this thing will not go in the near future. Perhaps a few generations more. Also i was only listing the moons squashing us because i wanted to cover all the bases.

17. Answer Man

Answer Man Man I'm Awesome

has anybody heard the theory about the water over running land, there's a movie about it and something i read that i was going to post here but couldn't. but maybe water will just raise and will drown.

18. Autopsy

I mean, it's possible.
    Friggin killer tsunamis.

19. Zerieth

Thats We'll drown. With an E, not an I. Also i have not seen that movie, but i have read some where that our continents are sinking. Thank you global warming. Africa is in fact lost a large junk to erosion.

20. Autopsy

God hates us because we're becoming increasingly stupid.

Kitty likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.