• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by EbeneezerAl, Jan 19, 2008.

1. keyblademaster777

keyblademaster777 New Member

that good o'l movie we should all know:Alien.

2. Blade

Blade Heroes Have One or Two

I don't.

Forrest Gump; #5 in my favorite movies list.

3. fishy smells

fishy smells Member

I saw Despicable Me! He turned out to be a nice person in the end, though!
    I loved the movie!

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

^ Spoiler alert, geez. >_<

I watched Star Wars Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back. Got some catching up to do.

5. Chocobo Dyl

Chocobo Dyl New Member

I watched the transporter 2. And before that the original Transporter. Was dissapointed when they moved to Miami, France was sorta nice.

6. Kitty

Just finished Star Wars Episode VI: Return of the Jedi.

7. Demyxx

Demyxx New Member

Angels and deamons!

8. Kitty

Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace

Couple of comments- One, I cannot understand the whole "Jake Lloyd ruined Star Wars" complaint. I thought that little boy was completely adorable, and I thought he did a good enough job with a lot of his scenes- such as his saying goodbye to his mother. Best child actor in the world? Well, no, but I think he did the best he could. If anything, I'd argue that it was a script/director issue, as opposed to an acting one, if his performance was bad.

Besides, it's obvious what the real abomination was- Jar Jar Binks and the rest of his terrifying race. I'd be surprised if even the children he was created to please found him funny. What a disaster.

Aside from that atrocity, I liked the movie. It didn't have the same magic as the originals, but, perhaps since I'm not as personally attached to the franchise, I thought it was okay.

9. Blade

Blade Heroes Have One or Two

Final Destination 2
    I was really paranoid for a few days because it.

10. Kitty

Star Wars Episode II: Attack of the Clones. Ugh. What did they do to Anakin? He should have been this epic anti-hero, and instead we got this whiny creep? *cries* I'm not sure what's more to blame- the script, the direction, or the acting. For shame.

If I ignore every scene of Anakin and Padme falling in love, or whatever it is they're doing, and every time Anakin gets all emotional over something, the movie is okay. I think there's a decent enough story in there, but Anakin's portrayal just destroyed it.

11. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

The last movies I saw were Kill Bill Vol. 1 and Vol. 2. Holy crap those movies were cheesy.

In that case, brace yourself for Episode III.

12. Kitty

^ Actually, I just finished watching that, too, and thought it was loads better than II. My issue with Anakin never went away, but at least the rest of the movie was able to distract me from the constant whining. XD

13. queer

queer New Member

scott pilgrim vs. the world

14. Kitty

Caught a double feature at the drive-in: Despicable Me and The Sorcerer's Apprentice.

I thought Despicable Me was cute. I can't quite decide if I think it was better than Toy Story 3 (TS's got that nostalgic value to it, which could make it seem like the better movie), but it was fun, in any case.

The Sorcerer's Apprentice was just awesome. I love stories about magic in general, and I thought the science/magic angle here was really cool. And though he is hit and miss for me a lot of the time, I absolutely loved Nicolas Cage in this.

I'd recommend both of these movies. ^_^

15. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I watched Scott Pilgrim and I recommend it fully to you guys. Its a testament to geeks everywhere! I loved the film's art style and the outrageous fights. Freaking awesome film.

It has action, music, romance and cool geeky things in there. Action scenes have sounds from games like Zelda or Sonic or Mario. It's awesome.

16. dualblade

dualblade Break!

I second that,though sometimes Scott was just to...wierd I guess is the best term.That was mostly in the begining though,otherwise I loved the movie.Course,I love video games,so its right there in my interests.

17. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

Just watching it again.

18. Kitty

The Golden Compass.

I thought it was okay- not as good as the book it was based on (but when are they ever?).

19. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

20. Terra

Terra (Previously RoxasXRiku)

A few hours ago I watched "Talledaga Nights: The Ballad of Ricky Bobby". I missed about the first fourth because I was playing video games so I never really got into it.