• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep Help Thread

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts: Birth By Sleep' started by VentusSearcher, Sep 10, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

It seems that already people are having trouble with the game. So just post the hard boss or confusing part in the game that you just cant seem to find, here and the members of KHP will get right on helping you!

Ok so heres my problem. I am at the olympus colossem and am just starting the tourny. I hate the time limits and just cant seem to get the battles done in time. What should I do. Go train in the Merage Arena, or just add so super awesome combat moves. I believe im at level 13 right now.

2. TheDarknessInUsAll

TheDarknessInUsAll New Member

Uhm im on the fight with vanitas at the end.....HOW DO I KILL THIS DUDE!?!?! ...tips please? he keeps killing me without giving me a chance to retaliate
    ok im telling you right now the controls of the game are ment to screw you up

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  3. Raven

Raven New Member

I'm gonna take a guess and say you're playin' as Ventus right..? Though then again, you said tourney and as far as I know Ven doesn't do a tourney, just some training with Phil so you have to be playing with a different character..

Please specify your character so I can help you out!

Okay, Vanitas can be easy or difficult so long as your prepared for every one of his attacks. Having items and Cure, Cura, or Curaga helps a lot too. Shootlocks tend to be your best friend in these types of battles as they offer you temporary invincibility. Anyway tell me which character you're playing as so I can help you out.

4. TheDarknessInUsAll

thanks for the tips so far i havent really been able to do anything there arent any openings for me to attack @_@ and im ventus just in case u were asking me XD

ok batle with vanitas first time ive EVER had to use items (in BBS) .....and that shotlock tip was very helpful i comepletely destroyed him using flame salvo XD....sora? o.o..........O.O OMG?!?!?!?!

Last edited by a moderator: Sep 11, 2010
  5. Raven

Raven New Member

Ok, for the final Vanitas. This one is a doozy as it seems like an impossibility but I'm pretty sure, not completely, but I'm pretty sure all of his attacks are blockable. He attacks a lot too so balancing a great defense with a good offense is key. Using abilities like strike raid help a lot as not only do they actually have chances of stunning him, but it's a ranged move. Detonate mines is a good tech to have since he does a lot of moving. I'd suggest getting some holy moves though or if not that Aeroga or even better tornado so you can form change to 'Wingblade' or Cyclone to make the battle easier.

Like I said you can block almost all his moves except for his ranged ones, the one where he'll power up and charge, block immediately! After you've wailed on him for a while, he destroy the stage and you two will be floating for the finale of the battle. Use shoot locks to weaken him further and finish him off for good!

I hoped that help, I'm just basing this off of memory from the Jap. version, so if you still can't beat him, I'll do more research to help you out.

6. TheDarknessInUsAll

ok aparently im not wher u guys think i am....i just found out the dude looks like a black haired sora O.O

7. Raven

Raven New Member

Oh yeah, I figured you were at the 'end-end'. Um you have one more battle to go before you get to the one I mentioned. I think... if you need help with that one, just say the word.

8. TheDarknessInUsAll

ok just beat the game as ventus....man one bad thing about psp all of its games are short as heck

and i have one question how do you get the keyblade that looks like vanitas but its black and white?

Last edited: Sep 11, 2010
  9. Raven

Raven New Member

Oh that's easy! Well not exactly.. Simply put you have to defeat Vanitas' Sentiment, and the only way to unlock is by beating the game completely - i.e. With everyone, then beating the last chapter. Then fight the V.S. in the keyblade graveyard. He's really tough, despite having a smaller life bar than his original form.

10. TheDarknessInUsAll

oh dear lord...is it worth it?

11. Raven

Raven New Member

I believe it's stronger than the Ultima keyblade in terms of strength, a necessity for Terra and possibly Ventus.

12. TheDarknessInUsAll

ok one last question and im out of your hair when you clear the game it has the window that says "keep this save data it may be of use" or something along those lines can anyone explain this? and if u just say its for the keyblade and the trinity archives then im dumb XD

13. Raven

Raven New Member

The final save is a necessity as it not only keeps the bonuses you earned in the final battles, but you need it to unlock the final chapter.

14. Sheev

Sheev New Member

I could really use some help.
    I'm playing as Ventus, and I refuse to continue with other storylines before I complete everything I can for him.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Okay, First, I'm missing a defense Action Command, its inbetween Renewal Block and Stun block.
    Second. What score do you have to get on Dessert Paradise (Master) for the Frozen Fortune Command Style? The Highest I've gotten is 2177.
    Finally, What Shotlocks am I missing? I have: Flame Salvo, Absolute Zero, Chaos Snake, Thunder Storm, and Pulse Bomb.

Thank you in advance. :)

15. Raven

Raven New Member

Alright to help you out with the first thing. The other guard techniques you're missing are:

Focus Block
    Poison Block

Next up the Frozen Fortune Command Style does not activate in conjuncture with the ice cream mini game. In fact the command style only activates on random occasions when you force a command style with an ice cream item, similar to the anti form in KH2. The ice cream items are a completely different side quest.

Missing Shootlocks for Ventus:

Lightning Ray
    Meteor Shower
    Absolute Zero
    Bio Barrage
    Multivortex (Ventus' strongest shootlock)
    Photon Charge
    Ragnarok

You've got a lot of shootlocks to gather buddy.

16. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Please keep in mind that this thread is solely for asking for help. Please do not leave posts in here with general comments about the game.

Thank you.

17. Sin

Sin New Member

Yes, I have a Question, How do you unlock the final chapter?

18. Raven

Raven New Member

Beat each story mode once, collect each and every Xehanort Report, and play through the final level once again in any characters file and save a final chapter file and load it up once you get back to the start screen. Simple no?

19. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

You don't need to play through the final level again. As long as you collect all the Xehanort Reports for a character before finishing that character's story, you only need to fight their last boss once. I just unlocked the Final Chapter, having fought the last boss for each character once.

As for some help with the Reports:

Terra: You automatically get them as you progress through the story.

Ven: You automatically get some as you progress through the story. There is one in a chest in Deep Space, and one in the Keyblade Graveyard.

Aqua: You automatically get most of them as you progress through the story. There is only one in a treasure chest, and I think it is in Neverland. I forget though.

20. Raven

Raven New Member

In response to Desert Warrior...

Xehanort Letter - Ven's story: clear Land of Departure.
    Xehanort Report 1 - Ven's story: on the Main Deck in Deep Space.
    Xehanort Report 2 - Terra's story: clear Radiant Garden.
    Xehanort Report 3 - Aqua's story: find it in Merlin's House in Radiant Garden.
    Xehanort Report 4 - Aqua's story: clear Mysterious Tower.
    Xehanort Report 5 - Terra's story: defeat Prison Guard II in Mirage Arena.
    Xehanort Report 6 - Aqua's story: clear Enchanted Dominion.
    Xehanort Report 7 - Aqua's story: defeat the final boss.
    Xehanort Report 8 - Terra's story: after clearing the "last visit" to Land of Departure.
    Xehanort Report 9 - Ven's story: after the Destiny Islands' event.
    Xehanort Report 10 - Ven's story: after defeating the last boss.
    Xehanort Report 11 - Terra's story: after defeating the last boss.
    Xehanort Report 12 - Ven's story: go to the circular dead end area in Keyblade Graveyard

So in a nutshell, not all of Terra's are gained by story line - most are, but not all.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.