• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

New Theory!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by Kit, Oct 25, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kit

Kit New Member

While I still mainly stand by my opinion that Kingdom Hearts 3D is about the continued adventures of Data Sora, I now have an entirely new theory that I came up with some time after watching the KHRE:Coded secret video.

What if KH:3D is about Sora and Riku's Mark of Mastery Test? We could be seeing some sort of internal struggle brought about by Yen Sid during Sora and Riku's tests. This would even explain Twilight Thorn being in Traverse Town!

Any thoughts?

2. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

I don't think so. I believe the Mark of Mastary Test will be held in KH3.
    I agree with you on your first theory though. I beleive it is data sora(as much as I would hate to be right.)

3. Kit

Kit New Member

You're probably right. However, this is the same company that came up with the bass-ackwards plot of Final Fantasy VII, so who knows?

4. xxCHANCExx

xxCHANCExx New Member

I don't think so. Sora and Riku still look young, so it most likely couldn't take place anytime after the beginning of KH2. Personally, I think it might take place inside Sora's mind during his slumber in Castle Oblivion. But maybe not idk lol. Good theory though.

5. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

I actually agree with his theory, well the mark of mastery test anyway

6. xxCHANCExx

xxCHANCExx New Member

It's a plausible theory, considering how little we know, but it doesn't really fit with the fact that they have their "younger" looks.

7. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

As always, I still think that the 3D kingdom hearts game is an alternate universe as to what could or should have happened if Riku did not fall into darkness. Isn't Riku the main protagonist of that game instead of Sora?

8. Kit

Kit New Member

If their test takes place within their hearts or within their minds, it's entirely plausible for them to look younger.

9. Gestahl

Gestahl New Member

That was a damn tech. demo.. Nomura confirmed himself that Sora & Riku will be in their KH2 attire. He only put them in their KH1 attire because he didn't want people to know the timeline of the game when the closed trailer was shown.

10. Kit

Kit New Member

Where did you read that? I'm not saying I don't believe you, it's just that I haven't read that myself, and I'm a pretty avid researcher. If you could provide a source, I'd appreciate it very much.

11. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

O.O If he can provide the link, that will be 18 bonus points from moi! That would be nice if he put them back in their KH2 attires. -_- Or maybe he is just saying that and only want to put them in some new clothes.

12. Destiny

Destiny Guest

I personally believe you with this theory as well. I don't think Normura is going to have fans wait 3 years for the Mark of Mastery, plus why make the whole console game nothing but the Mark of Mastery test when in KH: BBS it took most of us 5 seconds.

Plus the preview video we have been given, it calls it Reconnect. Kingdom Hearts 3D is not the official title but stands for it. Reconnect in English has 3 sylables(sp?). The d is still a mystery (if I was despirate I can say pronouncing Reconnect in Japanese is ping and when you turn the p upside down it makes a d).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.