• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Kingdom Hearts III Not to be Released in 2012

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Destiny, Oct 3, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Keyblade Master Roxas

Keyblade Master Roxas Shake the Core.

I'm really tired of prequels. I hope it won't be like the LOZ series where they keep on making prequels. Lol But I guess I'm gonna wait another few years for it.

2. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

Has anyone else noticed that the release date for KH Coded changes everything. Everyone thought it was coming in summer, but it's coming earlier than that! That means that 3D will probly come state side in the end of 2011! That means KH will probly not come out in 2014 but 2012, late 2012!

3. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

while this is a valid point, KH3 is most likely going to be much bigger than Coded or 3D so it may take more time to make and finish than these 2. Though if they've already started working on KH3 now, then that changes everything timewise.

4. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

Ya but once the 2 side games are out of the picture then it brings toooonnnss of time to the table for Square to work on KH3. I expect a lot of KH3 at e3 2011! And a release of KH3 in early to mid 2012!

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

The start of KH III is dependent on the finishing up of Versus XIII. Have we had any news on that being any closer to completion? I still don't think there's been a release date announced or anything. And if not, we won't be seeing KH III any time soon, no matter when Re: Coded or 3D are released.

6. Father-McKenzie

Father-McKenzie New Member

I still wish Days, Coded, 3D, and BBS Final Mix + never existed and they just went on to KH III. Seriously, i'm getting sick of these half-assed spinoff games. They only have 2 major games out, they really don't have the right to have these many spin-offs.

7. Marquis

Marquis New Member

AAAAAARRRRGGGGGHHHHHH!!! WHAT'S NEXT DISSIDIA 2?!?
    ...wait, i'd love that

8. Kit

Kit New Member

Well...yes, actually. You haven't been reading about it? Dissidia 2 is WELL on its way.

9. Zerieth

Zerieth Head Game Reviewer

Ugh, so long until it is released. Ah well, guess I can worry about the less important things like college, jobs, and other such none sense. -_-
    Maybe I'll just go lie down and sob quietly before I resign myself to watching anime for the next few years. Oh, that and starcraft.

10. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

To be honest, I'm fed up of Final Fantasy....

11. Kairi13Lawliet

Kairi13Lawliet New Member

I am fed up with FF myself as well. There are 13+ games revolving around it, and yet KH can only come up with 2 main games and all the rest are sides. I want to play 3D and coded and everything, but seriously its like KH 1 all over again and i already been through that with DS - COM and RE:COM. ( i consider com a side since its an in-between game lol)

Haha in short they should stop making FF for awhile and focus on KH :/ they just came out with 13 not to long ago but KH hasnt had a main game since 2005.

12. Kit

Kit New Member

It's been mentioned several times now, but Birth by Sleep wasn't a side game by any means. It wasn't on a console, but that part of the story was just as important as one of the numbered entries, and (as previously stated [though, not by me]) it almost WAS called Kingdom Hearts 3.

As for the Final Fantasy issue, SE isn't going to stop milking their main cash cow just because the new one hasn't been milked as much. For those of you who have trouble with metaphors, let me put it bluntly: they are NOT going to stop making Final Fantasy games just because there aren't as many Kingdom Hearts games. Fairness is not an issue to them, money is. And as of this writing (though I doubt anything will change in the near future), Final Fantasy is raking in a lot more money per game than Kingdom Hearts

13. Kairi13Lawliet

Kairi13Lawliet New Member

Haha well i knew that they would not stop i was just stating it would be nice ; always nice to dream XD

Lol yeah probably because disney is involved that there are less buyers for KH, seeing as how FF is for more older teenagers/young adults those are the main buyers for games so they probably dont want to go around buying something with mickey mouse in it o-o;;;

Oh and i didnt know BBS was going to be called KH3, i always thought it was a side game to, just an important one lol.

14. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

When you think about it, I say that the company is fair. It is the fans who are not willing to be patient. They have otehr games besides Final Fantasy and Kingdom hearts that they have to push to be released. All of you complain about the Final Fantasy collection have 13 (Is actually 25. 26 if you count Dissidia 012. ) games out but that is because Final Fantasy was released in the 1980's that they have a lot of games. Kingdom Hearts have KH1, KH2, KH Com, KH Re:Com, KH Coded, KH re:Coded, KH 358/2 days, KH BBS follow up with KH3D. If you count the Final Mixes, that would be 11 games that they have created in just 4-5 years. KH 3 will end up being the 12th installment.

In other words, no one shouldn't be a complainer and say "Final Fantasy should stop being produced!" The company is giving all of us what we want. Money is an important factor for the company yes but remember that they are not always for the money. Time and concentration are needed for the games too. If no one can't even wait for 2012, then I say let 2012 be the end of the world and keep KH3 from ever coming out. That should be the consequence in my opinion.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010
  15. Kitty

There's any way KH III will come out in 2012. Anyone interested in it will have to wait much longer than that, I'm thinking.

S-E would have saved themselves from hearing a lot of complaining if they'd just left it titled this.

16. Zerieth

Zerieth Head Game Reviewer

To true. I got other stuff I can do before to pass the time so I'm not complaining. Sides, Square also has to publish a lot of other games. They got their hands in a long list of series that I won't even try to sum up.

17. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

No one should even be complaining that BBS should actually be called KH 3. When I saw the secret movie in KH2 after completing everything, it ended with the word "Birth by Sleep" so I was expecting the title to be released like that or something similar. I doubt that all fans expected the title to be Kingdom Hearts III. It would have been obvious.

Compared to Final Fantasy being released in 1980 and have almost 30 games in almost 30 years while Kingdom Hearts have 12-13 games released all in these 4-5 years, I say that the two series are almost equal timewise.

18. Kitty

The point I was making is that a lot of fans are eager for KH III, and would rather have that than what could have been perceived as yet another side game. If S-E had released the game and called it KH III instead of BBS, it would have pacified those fans, and given BBS's story more prominence (i.e. "Hey, this is really important, not just filler nonsense!") There wouldn't be any of this arguing over whether BBS is a main game or not. And the wait for the next title wouldn't feel so long.

Do I care either way? Not especially, because I doubt I'll ever play BBS, and I'm not even sure how eager I am for KH III anymore, whenever it does eventually come out.

Hasn't it been eight years since the original KH was released? 2002, right? Where's this four to five years coming from?

Honestly, I don't think FF and KH can be compared very well. Both suffer from unnecessary spin offs and prequel/sequels *coughffviicough* but most of the FF games aren't intertwined with each other. Yeah, we have the VII compilation and the three XIII games if the other two are ever completed, and a few other sequels or prequels here and there, but it isn't like KH, which is currently all one big story. And that's where I think KH runs into problems- the more games made about one storyline, the more likely people will get tired of that story, or the story will become too confusing, or the games will start feeling thrown together for the cash. Just my opinion.

Anyways, I'm kinda rambling and getting a little off topic here. >_<

19. Kari'sHaWt

Kari'sHaWt New Member

No way.....................I think im to cry myself to sleep tonight.................do you have footage of the interview?

20. Flowerr

Flowerr New Member

Well that's a big awww if KH3 won't be out by then D: well...atleast we have something else to look forward too! :3

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.