• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Sora's legacy coming to an end?

Discussion in 'General Kingdom Hearts' started by Epic Kirby, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby New Member

We've had Sora for so many games now. I guess if you don't count the spin-offs we've only had him for two games.

Do you think Sora will remain the main character for the forseaable future (not counting birth by sleep cause that was a prelude).

Looking to the future do you think we will get a new protaganist, Sora and Kairi's descendants anyone?

Not that I want Sora to go or anthing because he's awesome XD.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Well, I have no idea what S-E will do. But if you want my opinion on what they should do, I think they should wrap up Sora's story with KH III (coming sooner rather than after more unneccesary spin-offs) and move on from him entirely. The story can only be stretched out for so long. And I have to say that I was never moved at all by Sora and Kairi's relationship, if you want to call it that, and I would definitely not want to play as one of their descendents. I also think that a child created as a descendent of them would probably be a Mary Sue (the idea sounds awfully fanfic or RP like), and I just don't really have any interest in it.

I think the next saga should be far in the future or far in the past and have absolutely nothing to do with any of Sora's story.

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I vote yes on that. I'd much like to play a game on the Keyblade War or something.

4. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

Well I gotta say I would like to stick with Sora as the main protagonist, I'm not really a big fan of change, I didn't even like playing as Roxas in the beginning part of KH2 when it first came out cuz he wasn't Sora ( I love Roxas now btw) I still think the Xehanort Saga should come to an end with KH3 but for the next saga just give Sora a new enemy to fight and I'll be happy

5. Kit

Kit New Member

I'd hate to render this entire thread useless, but Nomura has specifically stated that Sora is the main character of the Kingdom Hearts series, and will be for every main game in the series, including KH3 and beyond. Other characters may take the spotlight in side stories, but Sora will forever be main character numero uno.

Last edited: Dec 3, 2010
  6. Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby New Member

Oh wow, lol, I didn't know that he said that, thanks :).

As for Sora being the main character forever then maybe we will be due to for more spinoffs to spread out the time before KH4 then KH5 and so on. Spin offs will allow them to increas the time before they release the main games in the series.

7. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

In my oppinion, Sora will always be a part of KH. I beleive that Kingdom Hearts shall move on after KHIII, but the memory of Sora will always exist in KH games.

8. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I say that the Kingdom Hearts series should be something like Dark Cloud 1 and 2 or the Final Fantasy series. Even though Dark Cloud shares the same name, the heroes are different witha couple of cameos but the age and time are different and the plot is different even though the relics called atlamillia is the main reason. Kingdom Hearts can still be different heroes with camoes but the keyblade, princess of hearts and the elements are still the main reason. I don't mind losing Sora.

Even so, if they are to do something like this, they need to think about the Disney Characters too that they have used.

9. Kitty

Do you have a source on that? I have to say that I think it is a terrible idea to stick with Sora forever, unless they are planning on ending the entire Kingdom Hearts series shortly, which I can't see happening 'cause it's such a money maker. There's only so far he can grow as a character. He'll get boring, if he isn't already.

And drag out the story to the point that it becomes stale and uninteresting, imho. I know that some people are starting to get fed up with the wait for KH III as it is. If S-E continues to have a wait like that for every main game, I think they'll lose fans.

I hardly ever seem to agree with you, but I agree with this. This is what I think they should do with the KH series. Have some miniseries within the main series, each with different main characters and a different story arc. Keep the KH essentials so that we can still tell they're all the same series (kinda like the chocobos, Cids, summons, and so on in FF), but reinvent it so that it stays interesting.

10. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Not only that, but I remember somebody once posting a thread up that was quoting Nomura in some interview saying that once the Xehanort Saga is over with we'll have another saga with a new hero.

11. Tetiro

Tetiro New Member

I think I remember that too. Lemme see if I can find it

12. Kit

Kit New Member

I actually lost the link to the interview I read that in. Sorry. As for the end of the series, Nomura has also stated that, while it won't be for a long time, the Kingdom Hearts series will at one point have a definite end, as opposed to Final Fantasy, which they don't plan on ending until they go under.

13. Kitty

The thread about the sagas can be found here, unless there's another one I'm overlooking.

The paraphrase of the official word in that thread doesn't say that there would be a new hero. If the Xehanort saga is defined as such because all of the games feature him as the main antagonist in some form or another, then I suppose they could just come up with a new big bad, let Sora struggle against him or her for a few ten games, and coin that a new "saga."

But again, I think that's a terrible idea. I think there's only so much development Sora's character can go through, and I think he'll become boring if they keep him around too long. I think they should use him as a small cameo, or reference him occasionally, if they feel they need to keep him around, but focus on an entirely new protoganist, entirely new antagonists, and a different enough story that it doesn't feel like a rehash of Sora's past deeds.

14. Kit

Kit New Member

Personally, when I hear the word "saga," I think Dragonball Z. And the idea of just throwing in a new big bad and having Sora [Goku] struggle against him for 10 games [100 episodes] doesn't help in that respect.

15. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

I didn't really bother reading anyones posts. So if this was written then..*kanye shrugs*

KH3 will be the end of Sora and Xehanort. That has pretty much confirmed. Also, It has been confirmed that a KH game that is in a different "saga", is being made with a different main character. We do not know if this character is connected to Sora or not.

16. Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby New Member

17. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

Yes, we know he will be in the game. Thanks for stating the obvious. We just know he won't always be the main character. HIS story is ending.

18. Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby New Member

Ummm... calm down :eek: if you clicked on the link you will see that he will remain the 'hero' ie the main character. Thank you for not clicking the link.

Maybe they feel if they do that they will lose their fans, I know people who literally hate the DS/PSP Kingdom hearts because Sora wasn't the main character.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2010
  19. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

*clicks link 2nd time* *reads for the 2nd time*......... ..again. Thanks for posting this useless information. THAT I ALREADY KNEW. Thanks. Now let me say this again. Sora may still be in the game, he maybe the "HERO". Yet SORA'S saga is over. he can be the hero all he wants. doesn't mean that he will be the main character in each game. Don't get it? Let me explain further. SORA MAY BE THE HERO, but the story will revolve around ANOTHER CHARACTER. Which makes that character NOT SORA the main character of the game. So i could give two hells if he is the hero, Once they finish of Xehanort, Sora has nothing else to fight, unless they through in a twist. Yet, by theory Sora's story will come to an end. We will get many other main characters like the link YOU provided said.

20. Epic Kirby

Epic Kirby New Member

Your welcome, StarKiller :D

EtherealSummoner likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.