• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Sora's legacy coming to an end?

Discussion in 'General Kingdom Hearts' started by Epic Kirby, Nov 29, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Roxion

Roxion New Member

uuuuuhhhhhhh........it's kinda saying that XEHANORT'S story is ending. If Sora is still in games after KH3, then his story is continuing.

2. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

Who knows?How I see it,Square will never stop having Kingdom Hearts games without Sora involved.Don't forget, in KH1 and 2,they even say Sora's the "Key That Connects Everything." I highly doubt they'll ever drop Sora.

3. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

*face palms*
    *face palms*
    *FACE PALMS*

Again I KNOW WHAT THE HELL IT SAYS. NOW READ MY POST.
    XEHANORT'S STORY IS ENDING. MEANING SORA'S MAIN ANTAGONIST IS GONE.
    Got it so far, or am I going way to fast for you?
    good.
    Now, I'm saying Sora's story is ending, it may not completely, but as of now unless there is some type of twist. Sora has no reason to have a story after the 3rd. NOMURA himself has already confirmed he wants to move on to OTHER MAIN CHARACTERS. Meaning, yes Sora can be th hero all he wants. He won't be the main character of all the kingdom hearts games, and the story will probably shift and rotate around another character, instead of circling around SORA'S STORY.
    cool, i'm glad that was so hard to get.

Last edited: Dec 9, 2010
  4. Roxion

Roxion New Member

no need to be a douche Starkiller, 'hero' is typically synonymous with 'main character', and just because a villain is gone, doesn't mean another one can't arise.

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

This.

I yanked this from Wikipedia, but the statements are taken from an interview in the BBS Ultimania and one in an issue of Famitsu.

And I notice that it says "protagonist", not "hero", though in terms of literature, theater, and such, the two tend to be used interchangeably. And that's not to say that Sora will be the main character of every single game released in the series until it ends. But whether I think it's a smart idea or not, it seems he will continue to be the main force in the story of these games.

6. Roxion

Roxion New Member

yes, even in games where we don't play as him, his presence lingers and is very real

7. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

Agreed. Yet, i don't I think his story will be ending with Xehanort.

8. Roxion

Roxion New Member

who is to say that Sora's next saga won't be as important? perhaps even more important?

9. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

reread my post, because I said he CAN be important. Thanks.

10. Kari'sHaWt

Kari'sHaWt New Member

It would be smart of them not too drag it out forever but they need to end it soon............I have feel the third one will most likely be the last.............sadly!!! : ( They held the game on the side for a while now..............my thoughts are there definatly focusing on Final Fantasy WAY MORE.................stronger Fan base..................So most likely yes they will

11. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

:/ sadly your thoughts are wrong. kh will go past 3.

12. Kari'sHaWt

Kari'sHaWt New Member

I meant Sora's being the main character of the plot not KH its ending.........................

13. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

XD I laughed at this. A great way against a KH hyperactive-yelling know-it-all I say. You are so epic.

Anyways, who gives a care if Sora is going to be in another KH game. We might not play as him if we are going to be in control of another character. He might be just another party member. Then there's Kairi and Riku. We might as well throw them in the mix. They have as much of a legacy as Sora even though it may not be more. Why, we might as well have KH be like Star Ocean with its own different assortment of elements and characters.

Epic Kirby likes this.
  14. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

It was a great counter..Sorta. Yet, i'm not a know it all. I just know more than most.

Everyone cares if Sora is going to be in another KH game. Yet, I know stand corrected, I almost forgot that KH is sora's story. As I had reread over passed KH information. Hmm lets see how this plays out.

Epic Kirby likes this.
  15. Roxion

Roxion New Member

saying you know more than most is a symptom of being a know-it-all :D I'll admit that sometimes I can be a know-it-all, and I apologize for that

16. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

No it isn't. Claiming that you know more than other people is not in know-it-all territory. It is just knowing more than somebody else. And considering that it is Starkiller, he does know more than other people.

Also, don't drift off topic spammers.

Thirdly, as I said before, I vote we get a new hero. Have KH3 get a downer ending where Sora or somebody dies. And then have a new character become the hero.

17. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

Ahaahah... Oh wait, death isn't really a laughing matter, and it'd seem that Riku would be the one to "die" =\
    He always looks like the sacrificial tough guy character.

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 13, 2010
  18. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

The biggest problem with my suggestion is that I doubt Square could pull it off properly. Honestly, I think that if they did have Riku or Kairi die, the game would become one massive fan fic.

19. Espion

Espion New Member

I'm not the one to really like changes when it comes to characters of games. So if you ask me, I'd like for Sora to remain as the main protagonist, at least for one more game like Toph said.

20. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Please do not post in threads dead for more than one month. Thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.