• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What was the last movie you watched?

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by EbeneezerAl, Jan 19, 2008.

1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

:D LA BAMBA!! LA BAMBA!! LA BAMBA!! LA BAMBA!!

[​IMG]

2. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

Vampires Suck
    lol one of the funniest movies ever

3. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

^ Funny as in actually humorous, or funny in a 'this is so pathetic' kind of way?

Scott Pilgrim VS the World

I really liked this, though I wouldn't say it's a real favorite. I can take or leave Michael Cera- he's kind of the same character in all of his movies, and they could have put any other actor in his role and it wouldn't have made a difference to me, but he did well enough here. My favorite characters were the roommate Wallace and the sister (Stacey, I think her name was). The movie was funny and I loved the old school gaming feel. Dunno how close the film was to the source material, don't really care.

It's kinda a shame more people didn't see it when it was in theaters.

4. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

funny in both ways
    XD

5. Kitty

The Other Boleyn Girl

I love historical fiction, love Philippa Gregory, so I was interested to see how they adapted this book. Eh, it was okay. I understand why they made some changes, but I didn't really like them (even though lately I've been doing my best to try to keep movie adaptations and their source materials separate). I liked seeing the world on screen and thought the actors did well with what they were given. But I couldn't help thinking "Huh? Why are they doing this that way?" or "This character didn't act at all like that in the book." Sigh.

6. Blade

Blade Heroes Have One or Two

Beowulf

Way different from the book. But that's why I like it. Although, I don't get how Grendel's mom go from ugly reflection to almost rated R Angelina.

7. Kitty

How To Train Your Dragon: I absolutely loved this. I wonder what it says about me that all the movies I've really loved this year have been animated kids movies. :p

Misery: A Stephen King book-turned movie done right. Great acting by Kathy Bates, she was a perfect Annie. True enough to the book, from what I can remember. A good film.

Marie Antoinette: Thought Kirsten Dunst did a nice job. Liked the story okay, thought the costumes and sets were beautiful (lots of bright colors).

8. Blade

Blade Heroes Have One or Two

The Other Guys - Hilarious acting by Will Ferrell and Mark Wahlberg. Story was great, comedy was awesome, and Mark is unexpectedly good at ballet!

Gulliver's Travels - A good modernized adaptation from the book.

Despicable Me - I expect this to win an Oscar. It was one of the best animated film I've ever seen!

9. Kitty

I'm sure Toy Story 3 will nab any awards. But I agree, DM was a good movie. XD

Rachel Getting Married: I think this movie was brilliantly made. It didn't feel at all like a scripted movie, it felt like some dude with a camera following around an unsuspecting family. So, great acting. But that same feel made me feel really uncomfortable watching the film. So it was interesting, but not something I'd buy or ever watch again.

Edit: So tired of crappy accidental multi-posts. Gawd.

10. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Still need to see Toy Story 3.

The last two movies I remember seeing are Semi-Pro and The Other Guys. Both are great movies, but I think The Other Guys was better. Those two movies are probably Will Ferrel's best roles.

Thinking about it now, I saw Iron Man 1 and Spider Man 3 yesterday. Love both Iron Man movies, best superhero movies yet. Spider Man 3, while it does have it's share of problems, could have been worse.

11. Gillmar

Gillmar New Member

I want to see Toy story 3 too..XD...the last movie I watched was watchmen..by the second time XD

12. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

Toy Story 3 was beast, just saying (;

The last movie I watched was Pirates of the Caribbean: at World's End. Johnny Deep is a phenomenal actor and Jack Sparrow has style.

13. Kitty

Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief: Eh. I liked it well enough the first time I saw it (it was better than expected). This time, it was only okay. Had trouble keeping my attention on it. The book is so much better.

14. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

Bleach: The DiamondDust Rebellion. Man that movie is epic

15. Terra

Terra (Previously RoxasXRiku)

The Prestige

Christopher Nolan is a genius, that was beyond amazing. I saw it yesterday and it's still going through my mind.

16. Belovedness

Belovedness New Member

Cast Away;
    THE BEST MOVIE IN THE PAST DECADE HANDSDOWN!

17. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

Wrong Turn...that movie was wierd and creepy

18. Denki Wolf

Denki Wolf New Member

The land that time forgot (Latest version).
    Crap, it was so dull and boring.
    Worse then that, the CGI was crap.
    And it was made in like less than 5 years ago.
    It was just sad.

19. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

The Pianist

An interesting movie that is set in Nazi Germany following a Jewish young man living through the Holocaust. Many moments in the movie were brutally sad, and it was a shame seeing Jewish people being so mistreated.

20. FatewithFury

FatewithFury New Member

actually Shrek the fourth it was really good even for the 200th time