• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

KH3D, Why are Sora and Riku still children?!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by Hatori, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Hatori

Hatori New Member

I am super epically excited for Kingdom Hearts Dream Drop Distance, whenever it comes out. But one thing that keeps getting on my nerves about it not being out yet is the new look promised for Sora and Riku. In EVERY trailer and promo I've seen, they both appear to be back to KH1 graphics. NO WAY CAN YOU GO BACK IN TIME!!!!! (Sorry Timeless River, I never liked you)

2. nikekh

nikekh New Member

:)thats what i hate too but i guess its a great game

3. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Yea. I'm pretty sure of that too but if this turns out to be another COM, I might lose it. >< But the possibilities are slim since not many games are as bad as COM, gameplay wise

4. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Kingdom Hearts 1 Graphics?!?!

KH3D story bridges to the next game like Chain of Memories.
    As for them being children, there's no clue as of yet.

5. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

Yea Im confused too, what do you mean by KH1 graphics? The graphics stay the same for both PS2 games

6. Noir

Noir

I think we just will find it out in the game. Just wait and be patient..
    and I saw the gameplay in the trailer, it was perfect.

7. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

By kh graphics I think he means why are they in lh1 clothing. As for bridging the other story, I think that's true to an extent, the biggest theory is this game is sora and riku going through there master training. I think the game is setting us up for a dream type setting.

8. Angel

True, part of the story may contain the mark of mastery exam.

As for the games concept, It's bold action.

"The Distance You Fall in Your Dreams" is what the game will revolve around or what the title is about.

9. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

The test may requires it and it may be to help Sora and Riku find the people who are suffering.

10. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

True as well, but its been troubling me why they are back in KH1 clothing as well. I'm thinking that they are in a dream and facing their biggest fears/enemies. As you see them fighting both "Xehanort's".

11. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I think they are in the appearance of Kingdom Hearts 1 because that was when they received their keyblades. The story is about them fighting their demons from the past so it makes sense to have them in those appearances because that was when it all started.

12. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Seems plausible. I know I shouldn't pay attention to Wiki but I did read on that site that the creator said there would be new threads for Sora and Riku *shrugs*

13. Angel

Yeah, indeed Nomura has stated their clothes will change.

14. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Yeah, they only looked young in the trailer because that was easier for the developers.

15. Noir

Noir

Maybe it's a story in a DREAM when the past Sora and the past Riku goes to the future.. But I'm really a little confused.

16. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

Yes they will, as KBL stated, but I'm talking about why the look like that at this part of the game. I'm thinking it is to face the biggest enemies

You've learned well :p
    Not really, it's probably what they want, not because its easier, nothing comes easy when you deal with Nomura

17. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

I'm pretty sure Nomura has stated they- and their clothes- will be in their KH2 forms in DDD. I probably just assumed that it was because it was easier, but it does make sense that Nomura wanted them in their old form for the trailer...Well not really, but it is kind of something that Nomura would do for some enigmatic reason or another...

18. Angel

KH2 form?! What do you mean?

Last edited: Aug 22, 2011
  19. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I think that they are kids in the game because that is their Data form. I mean think about it, they're most likely fighting Data Ansom SoD and Data Xemnas anyway.

20. Hatori

Hatori New Member

That's another thing. Xemnas must liiiive!!!! I saw him in the trailer >:3