• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Why Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'General Kingdom Hearts' started by Kitty, Jan 21, 2010.

1. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I remember I picked up KH1 on a limb at a local blockbuster. I thought "hey it's got Disney characters on the cover and a guy with a giant key...it must be AWESOME!!!!" (it was 10 year old mentality). after one night of playing I had never been so confused in all my life, so I put the game down and didn't give it a second play. then a year or so later some kids at my school were talking about the game and I had them explain it to me. Being older and thus more comprehensive, I suddenly became interested in the game and that night I had my dad drive me out to the nearest Target store to buy the game. A few months later KH2 came out and I've been addicted ever since.

2. Bixarihm

Bixarihm New Member

I fell in love with Kingdom Hearts the first time I saw my cousin play it. I was
    Staying over at his house for the weekend when he suddenly popped the game out
    Of his cupboard . And was like I'm going to try this game out so just watch.
    For the next 3 hours all I did was stare in amazement at the tv , I was literally like o.o the
    Whole time , haha gosh I love Kingdom Hearts .....

After the weekend I went straight to the game store and bam used upp all of
    My savings :3. And I'm a big final fantasy fan aswell just gotto lovem don't ya ;D.

3. skyblaze112

skyblaze112 New Member

See, my mom had bought me KH 2 when it first came out because I was a video game freak/nerd :) I was a lot younger back then and only got through the first 3 days of the time you play as Roxas, before I was terribly confused, and also it was the second game. I was just really stupid and didn't notice that >.< So I put the game in my closet and never gave it a second thought.

Then my sister visited from Madison (she's my step sister) about a year later, and back then she was REALLY hooked on KH, and since I had a PS2 she had brought over Kingdom Hearts CoM. Basically the whole visit was me going O_O at the screen as she beat the game's ass. When she left, I couldn't stop thinking about that game. The storyline still confused me a bit, but now it seemed interesting.

Fortunately, my mom made me clean out my closet a few days later. As I was searching for valuable-ish things, I found KH 2. I was all like o-o. I had TOTALLY forgotten I'd had it. So I abandoned my closet, popped that thing in my PS2, and played like I've never played before. I was talking to my sister while I played, so she gave me a better understanding of the storyline, so now that I knew what the hell was going on, I LOVED it!! I finished the game in about 2 days :)

I played KH2 over and over and over again until I had memorized every line and action of the whole freaking thing! I also knew what happened in KH and KH CoM thanks to my sister. But she slowly grew disinterested in it, and now she doesn't even play it anymore! -sniffle-

Anyway, then I got KH and KH CoM for my birthday (yes the only actual 'presents' I got) and played them both in record time too :) I already had a DS I rarely used to play KH 358 2 days (finished it) and I used up all my savings to buy a PSP and KH BBS (also finished)

I am a fanatically fantastical KH freak :D

4. Hedrazala

Hedrazala New Member

I found Kingdom Hearts by hearing my cousins talk about it one day and i was like WHAAA? But they were like you just have to play it.
    And it did.......of course

5. Noir

Noir

I was a long-time Disney and Square-Enix fan. I found Kingdom Hearts one day while searching Square-Enix' games. Now I want to see if it is fun, and it was fun.

6. TheDarkOne

TheDarkOne New Member

Well, to tell the truth. I dont exactly remember how i fell in love with it lol. it was a few years ago and i LOVE a good story in either a game, movie or book and i just instantly loved the game. I think thats how it happened. Im not sure.

7. venomblade

venomblade New Member

Good thread idea :), as for me I saw it for the first time over my cousins in NY. The ps2 was left unattended and I gave the game a go thinking it looked cool and the disney characters really drew me in. Fell in love with the combat/story and as soon as I got home that day I begged my dad to get it for me lol.

8. Suriel

Suriel New Member

I found out about kingdom Hearts when i saw my friend playing it only thinking about how weird the opening was. I asked her if i could borrow it for a while deciding to give it a try and immediately became addicted to it.

9. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

I had never really played FF before, except I had watched my friend play FFX and the storyline only got more confusing to me ^^'

No, my reason is that my little brother went to a "special" school where they had Kingdom Hearts I, and so he told me about it. It caught my interest so when I later discovered that Chain of Memories had just been released for the GBA, I hurried and bought it. Of course I didn't have much of a clue what was going on in the story but I totally enjoyed it anyway. And when I later got hold of a PS2 I put everything into finding a copy of the first game, which had already then gotten very rare here in DK, but nevertheless destiny wanted that I found a copy. I then began playing it immediately when I got home, and I've loved the series ever since!

I therefore have some nostalic feelings towards Chain of Memories, so you can say what you want about that game and it's card battle system, I LOVE THAT GAME! :D In fact because of that card battle system, Chain of Memories is nearly the only KH game that have provided me a challenge, DAMN I had my hard times beating Dark Riku! xD
    Therefore I also love Re:CoM, which I have been forced to play via emulator since the game were never released in Europe :(

(By the way, call me nuts but the first time I ever saw Sora (that being on the front cover of CoM) I thought for 1/2 a second that he was a she xD I mean if you look closely his chest could seem like a girl's along with the way his face has been drawn from the side)

10. Wave57

Wave57 New Member

I saw a commercial for CoM and it looked cool, so I bought it.

My life was never the same.

11. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

Know what you mean dude ^^ and ain't it fantastic?

12. Wave57

Wave57 New Member

It's a great game (not on the level or 1 or 2 per say), but it is great nonetheless.

13. xshotz

xshotz New Member

When i was like 10,my cousin came to visit,and she brought the game.I saw her playing it,so i wanted to try.I keep getting stuck when i had to find the items on destiny islands,so i quit it.Then she went back to pensicola.Like a year after that,i woke up one morning all the sudden thinking about kingdom hearts.So i got myself a copy,i have loved the series ever since.

14. Hatori

Hatori New Member

It's a touching story actually. I was bullied a lot in middle school, so none of the friends I had ever lasted because, surprise surprise, they were pretending to like me. I only had two friends that were true and both of them went to different high schools. In 6th grade I met my friend Maria in band (we both played the trumpet, I quit after that year.) So Maria introduced me to Catherine and I basically spent the rest of middle school with them. maria later went on to introduce me to Caitlin, through whom I met most of my awesome friends one class ahead of me, but that's beside the point. So i became really good friends with Maria, and I learned that she and her social group loved Kingdom hearts. I didn't play video games back then so I thought "oh, that's cool." By now I had been accepted onto her social group and I made all the friends that I have now. I went to a party Bridgit was having exactly two years ago and I found out that they had all taken on the monikers of KH characters. i remembered that I took a quiz to see what character I was most like, so they all bothered me about it. I couldn't remember exactly who I got, but I did say somthing along the lines of "Umm....it was a guy...with like, silver or blonde hair and weird eye color, like...yellow or somthing." So Bridgit immediatly screamed "XEMNAS!" (I actually got Cloud XD) so I went home later and looked up KH, and since then I got totally addicted. I got a PS2 from my grandma for Christmas last year and I finally played Kingdom Hearts. It was just the most fun I'd had in a while. I laughed with the game, cried with it, and pretty much felt awesome.

So that's how I got into KH. Total sob story, I know.

15. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

Awesome story dude ;)

16. Roxion

Roxion New Member

awwwwwwwwww, sry u got bullied a lot :(
    as for me, I'm a lot simpler, I saw a commercial for CoM, got it, played it, and the rest is history XD

17. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

@ Hatori: You have the best story so far. That sucks how you were bullied... but the moral is that KH brings us all together. Yaaaay :D
    @ Roxion: wow it was THAT simple, i had always thought it would have been a better story than that!

18. Roxion

Roxion New Member

well, there are several details, but I could go on forever. That's it in a nutshell

19. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Thanks? I guess. A lot of people are bullied because people call them weird or beat them up. I was always called a freak, but I was pretty dense in my childhood. People knew that I could be taken advantage of and they did, just for the lolz. It hurt then but it hurts more looking back on it since I have the curent, less dense self to compare past me too. But you learn to forget and forgive. I forgive the past, but since a lot of the kids who did that go to my school now, if they try to mess with me I'm proud that I am able to just go up to them and tell them off.

20. sora1186

sora1186 New Member

Alot of people in my school liked it and my cousin said it was a good game to play. He said it's basically Disney meets Final Fantasy.