• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Gonna Be direct as possible

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by NeRo, Dec 28, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

Frankly I'm behind the idea of a new site. activity won't mean anything if we don't have the power to change the site and update it. people will just leave again leaving us in the same boat.

2. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

But to be honest... I wouldn't relocate to a new site unless the bulk of the community here did. Particularly if the cyber-friends I've made here relocated, then yeah, I'd do it myself.

3. TheKnightofAwesome

I agree, no point in leaving the people who i've come to know and love here just to start all over again with complete strangers.

4. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

this is why we need to talk to Aqua once KHSite comes on...

5. TheKnightofAwesome

Still we'd need a way to bring in more active people to the new site. There are too many people who sign up here then disappear from the face of the earth. that's something we need to fix.

6. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

well...we could put an experasion date on how long they can be off...and if they are off more then that they are disbanded...I have done this with many sites...and frankly I have to restart because of it but its an idea that we can and should probably use...

7. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

-_- First off, can we stop talking bad about TradeDemon? That just makes us look ridiculous. Also, can we stop talking about moving on to a new site. Another thing we have to stop doing. Always we start saying "THIS WILL NEVER HAPPEN! So and so won't stop being mean to me! I'm joining THIS & THAT!". That is just plain wrong. Can we at least go with my project first and see if that will come out alright?

8. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

I am willing to try anything if it will keep this site up...

9. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

Regardless as to what you decide to do with the website, I suggest to start surveying the current members so you can start reworking your marketing strategies.

10. Become

I don't think this place has any real marketing strategy.

11. TheKnightofAwesome

Summoner, while getting activity would be good, it won't last forever. If we can't get the powers to update the site then it becomes static, if that happens people get disinterested, then activity goes down again. we're kinda trapped. You're idea isn't bad...it just isn't exactly a permanent solution.

Aqua Fresh likes this.
  12. Destiny

Destiny Guest

None the less for everything, the things people are shooting out as ideas and updates can't be done unless TD hands over controls. Perhaps maybe all of you can contact him, "bomb" his inbox with concerns, begs, etc. the contact link, unlike the rest of the links does work, use that to tell him everything discussed in his threads, ask him to come KHPlanet for 3 months and spend his time here to build this as a super site.

What you guys can do is spend more time here and refer people here.

Staff we'll do what we can, but what all of you aren't understanding is staff, due to the limit put up on all of us, can't do as much as you think we can. I have content for the games to create summaries pages on the main site, etc. if I could I'd create pages for them, heck if I could Id hire a GFX person to the main site as an editor to add graphics to posts, heck if I could I'd allow fan article submissions. I can't.

If vox could, he'd update the forums to the next vBullitein, but he can't.

TD has put up limits so we have enough to help his site to get attention, but not enough to become a online traffic center.

13. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

When I had announced my project, was it ever was only after the Forums. it sure wasn't. My project was also aiming towards outside the forum. Besides, I am doing something else anyways with the others. I have already know the limitation on this but even so, what I did announce has no limits. It only has limits if the members don't do their part. Voting and putting in their comments and reviews: It can work; will fail if no one dos that. Article information: This is the staff part and it can succeed; it won't if the staff does not work together on this (Which I am doing privately and will not announce until it is time). As of now, I am not even worry about what Vox needs and what we need to have out of TradeDemon. My Project was not even aimed toward that direction. If Vox gets it, great. We'll be able to go onto the next part. If not, oh well; we sill stick with the project because it was never aiming towards the site owner in the first place. It is a team effort so yes, it may require a little bit of activity.

Oh yea. The ideas about voting: That is something that EVERYONE can do. THAT can be done WITHOUT Tradedemon. Putting up news and articles: we can do that WITHOUT Tradedemon even though there are limits on the staff. I am concern about the limits but not enough as to make me worry about this Rejuvenation Project of mine as to whether it will work or not. DOUBT is not acceptable.

14. Cameron

Cameron New Member

If I would be TD and cash would steadily flow into my pockets, I wouldn't care less for one site, even if it's members would want some changes to be done. Most probably he thinks that way, so you will never get full access to the site and change what you want.

15. Become

Good money making. Poor business. I suppose we can do what we can. If the site dwindles, then we say it had a good run. I know that I'm gonna stick to what I do best though.

16. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

The sites dying and personally I don't think we are a community any more. I remember when I first joined I loved it here. Then I left because I lost interest. I'm excited for the reworking because I want the old KHP back. When we would have 10 people in SOTW. The roleplays were booming. Everyone posted everywhere. I miss it and want it back and I am willing to help those on the site bring it back.

17. Become

I'd assume if we scoured all the other sites he apparently owns, we'd run the possibility of catching him. But that's a rather ridiculous measure to take for an internet message board. Granted, it's also rather ridiculous when one considers that someone would use a fansite for a video game as a means of extorting money and nothing else. Based on what I've seen here at this point, it seems like he wouldn't even consider auctioning it off.

18. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Listen I'm tired of talking about this, it's not getting saved. Whoever is still here just listen to the remaining staff (whoever is left) and follow what they say. Summonerbrandon, the PM that you sent me, I cannot help you on graphics, I will not let my talent go to waste on here, so that leaves a dent in your plan. As for the auctioning of the site, and tracking him down you all can do that, I don't have the patiences.

EDIT: Like keybladelagacy stated around the lines. Money is his main priority not you all. lol

Last edited: Jan 3, 2012
  19. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Well then you may leave. There are plenty of ways to save this site. If you're not going try, then very well.

The rest of you, the true members of KHPlanet: yes the owner is a jerk, the owner does not spend the time to make this site better. But does the owner really needed around to make this site better. So the look stinks, and we're not as updated as the rest of them. However is a forums community made up of gadgets or people?

You could have a site updated with the newest technology, and look really cool, but if their are no members, then they're no better than us. We have I think a strong community. We're one of the closest bonded community forums I think on the web. We're all a family. Those of you, like Ric, who doesn't give a crap about that, then fine, but those of you who will try to make this better, you know how to do it.

So how about it? Who's in on improving the site? You know what to do: so let's do it family, continue to bond. Vox, I know summoner, myself, and whoever else will continue to keep trying to get TD to come back to the forums.

20. Cameron

Cameron New Member

You're not going to get him back, he's a family man and has his own life, and wouldn't care much for the site. And yes, if the owner is not present and you have no cool stuff for new people, the people aren't going to register at the pace that they would with a good and working site. You're too deep at the moment to rise again to the surface, there's no helping that this site is indeed going to die.

And it doesn't really matter that Ric doesn't care about the site, everything that he said is true. So don't use him as a mark for propaganda Destiny just because he doesn't want to waste his skills on a dying site.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.