• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What changes would you like to see?

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by NeRo, Mar 17, 2012.

1. Destiny

Destiny Guest

That's a TD thing plus I don't like this one. Sometimes to multi task versus doing just new tabs, I'll pull it up on my cellphone. If you're worried about somebody getting on your account, just log off each time.

2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Actually, when I make the articles, I always make sure that they are arranged in the sections that they can also be a part of. When you go to the main site itself and look on the left, you will see "Popular Section, Kingdom Hearts, and Reviews" and each one of those sections have links that will lead you to a more-organized section for the particular articles that you are looking for a specific type of game or other-related events. I do not know how much more organize that can get.

1. The Chat Box should be the SUPER LAST THING THAT SHOULD BE DONE! I am against this anyway at all. We have the threads, vm's, pm's and we have the social groups. Why in the world do we need a chat box? Start using the social groups more often then. That section is 99% dead. I can see the Chat box becoming more active than any of the forum sections and we are just now picking up activity back again after that Site Slowdown bug problem. Do not care if you want it, I am 100% against it. Had experiences with other sites having a chat box and it tend to get boring and take away activity. Want to say that I am the only one? I have evidence!

2. I am all for having more rewards. I also know some rewards that I know that we can make up and use.

3. Main Site- I would like something to be done some more on that part. How come there are no people who do not post on the articles, meh, I do not know but I am all for the quizzes to be a part of the main site. As for everything else will have to be the Site Writer's and administrator's responsibility for anything else would have to happen next.

4. Bring back the Traditional Showcase Contests. Anytime when I used to be a part of a couple of forums, people would be impressed and be motivated to post any poetry or story, regardless if it is short or long. I would like it better if people would actually read the poetry and stories. It might be entertaining.

5. I am all for the music. When you go onto another person's profile, you will listen to their music. However, I will say that if we want to add this in, then we must add in a function that will allow us to either let us have the option to autoplay or do not autoplay on our own profile
    and to also add in the function to have the option to listen to someone's music that is autoplaying or not to have it autoplaying. We may end up getting tired of going to the pause button. However, the music part will end up letting us know what kind of music we truly like. ^_^ Besides, I will be able to play my only favorite music and have every single member feel welcome on my profile... and I might just hide in my profile too. :p

6. A Post Reminder. Now, whenever you are reading a thread or you are about to start posting, a reminder will pop up to let you know if someone else has posted. I have seen this on another site and it worked out perfectly. It also stops confusion (Sometimes).

3. Flash Delirium

Flash Delirium Indie Rokkers

Flash chat, because when you say Chat Box I envision something that is on every page. And those suck. Flash chat is by far superior to chat boxes. Plus, I've honestly never been on a forum where having a flash chat has hurt.

Also, don't add music players to people's profiles. That would be an atrocious idea. The last thing I want to do is hear someone else's music play while I'm already probably listening to music I actually enjoy.

4. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Not to mention music, though I like the idea(to an extent) it would slow down loading pages even more than usual

5. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I agree with this.

And I also agree with this. This would be really handy for me.

I'm gonna guess this is something that has to be paid for, though I agree, I'd like to see it up and running with the shops and all that.

6. EtherealSummoner

@Nicole Actually Nicole, that is not true. On the site that I used to go to, the music never did slow anything down. The only way that it can go slow is base on your computer's speed, what materials you have on your profile (And the page does load down your profile background too), where did you obtain your music and if the site is on a good server or is suitable to still load faster. -_- Remember that 2.0 Black Version? Yea. THAT! is slow.

@Flash Which is why I brought up this idea:

OH YES! I would also like to add this onto the list!

7. Bugs & Technical Thread- WE MUST HAVE A THREAD WHERE MEMBERS CAN GO AND POST DOWN ANY PROBLEMS THAT WE HAVE ON THE SITE, WHETHER IT IS PROFILE NOT WORKING, A BACKGROUND GOING TO SLOW, ETC! We need to start putting up a thread on this so that the staff (Mainly the administrators and TradeDemon) will be able to run and solve the problem quicker for the particular member or for the site as a whole. -__- The Black 2.0 Version is still making PurpleDiamond cry...

7. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I can tell you got the wrong idea.
    I mean when you are on the main page. The articles are all grouped together with these small 127px × 88px images that only enlarge when you click it. Small headers that do no catch one's attention. Since you mentioned organizing. For organization, it would be easier for the category to appear below the header so at first glance. You already know what the category is. That specific category could have a quick link for convenience.

As the site is right now, it doesn't make me what to read an article. I want a large header with more space for images. The way it is arranged right now; it is so bland.

8. Destiny

Destiny Guest

This is something I have brought up to TD myself, however I believe he hasn't changed it because when each of those articles are open, the site gets a hit, meaning more money for him and "the better" the website we are.

A lot of main site stuff kind of is on hold for updates to come. That's why I haven't necessarily put time and effort into a lot of the stuff I can do on the main site because the updates to come may change the complete over look of khplanet.com

9. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

This may seem a bit "silly" but it would be fun, and its just a minor change.
    It would be fun to change the name colors. Just for something new and some fun. haha.

10. EtherealSummoner

HEY! On the KH-3 Background version, it shows everyone under our avatar how many tournaments we won and which tournament we win. Is it possible for us to have this function on the White and Black function too as well as any other background version we may add?

Last edited: Jan 11, 2013
  11. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

Can we have something that will censor cuss words? Not only does it look unprofessional, but in MOST cases on the site, its unnecessary.

12. EtherealSummoner

-_- For some reason, I do not think that will EVER going to happen. All we have to do is to type the words in there or just put in **** to show that we are cursing. Not like I curse anyways. Not only that, some of you would like to have your characters curse in the roleplay and many of you curse in your vm's or on the threads in order to express yourself or out of anger.

13. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Well said Brandon, well said.

14. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I don't curse personally.

But I don't think that is a good idea. In RPs, I think it is okay that characters curse. The words have a bigger impact. Besides that most people curse anyway.

15. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

Yeah maybe make it censor in only specific parts? Cuz I hate seweing the F-Bomb on the forums. We don't need that.

16. EtherealSummoner

Seeing that this is a PG-13 forum, there is really nothing that we can do about the cursing. I do not curse myself but even so, there will be others who you just cannot change their minds about it. There is really not much of a change that we can do about that.

17. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

Why should we censor them anyway? "Curse" or "Swear" words are just that. Words. They're meant to be said. However, there should be a limit on how they're used. Basically I'm saying that we can use them, but not to insult or at people.

Ex: "I feel so fucking good today!" - Yes
    "Shut up bitch." - No

See my point?

18. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

Yeah. I guess it would be hard to do anyways.

19. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I've been on forums before that would censor certain words and change them into something else, so I don't think this would necessarily be hard to do.

However, I disagree with it, and it isn't something I would want to implement. Basically, what ADogX said- I don't want to see foul language used to belittle other members (i.e. You're a bitch), but I like strong language and don't have a problem with others using it.

I can't remember when we changed the colors last. We could discuss changing them around again, though; it's not very difficult to do.

20. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

I'll make a new thread for colors if you want but when we do change them its going to be final for awhile.