• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Billiards rules hate me >.<

Discussion in 'General' started by SoRoxas, May 29, 2012.

1. SoRoxas

SoRoxas New Member

Mk, so i was playing pool today, and lo an behold, i get the 8-ball in the first shot of the game :O now if i remember correctly isnt that supposed to be an instant win..but NNOOO, it was considered an instant loss, an i lost $250.00 that SHOULD have been mine...so answer me this..isnt getting the 8-ball in the first shot of the game an automatic win?

2. Cameron

Cameron New Member

No. When I first started playing pool many years ago, I thought that getting the 8-ball straight from the starting hit is an automatic win, but it's not. The only way you'll win by pocketing the 8-ball in the game is that you do it by the rules, as your last ball and to the pocket you so desire to.

Pool rules are a bit tricky, but necessary to have fair games.

3. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

XD DAAAAAAANG! $250!!!! HAHAAAA! That is embarrassing. Still, I do not play Billiards so I wouldn't know myself (And I might lose and won't even realize it).

4. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I don't mean to sound rude or anything, but you make it sound like you don't play much (Which, admittedly, I don't either). And if you don't play much (Again, just making assumptions here and could very well be wrong) why would you bet $250?

The basic rules are that as soon as you hit a ball into one of the pockets, you're stuck with that type (Solids or stripes). Once you have put all your balls into the pockets, then you can go for the 8 ball. And when you're going for the 8 ball, you have to call out which pocket you're aiming for (Saying something like 8 ball, corner pocket). Get it in the pocket you're aiming for and you win. Get it in the wrong pocket (Or any pocket before you're supposed to) and you lose, even if you were winning. Hell, that's how I lost a game against my stepbrother. I got rid of every ball except one, and ended up hitting the 8 ball in one of the pockets while trying to get my last ball before the 8 ball.

5. SoRoxas

SoRoxas New Member

i dont play much, only 1X a year, on the same date, with the same bet...its kindof a tradition :D

6. Cameron

Cameron New Member

250$ sound too large of a sum to me to believe. :I

7. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I don't think there is nothing to smile about... and I hope that this is online pool so that you are using fake money. Otherwise, you will wish that you still have that $250 to spend. :mad:

8. SoRoxas

SoRoxas New Member

G, its kinna hard to explain. And no im talking about REAL pool
    If you care for the full storey PM me

9. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Why not smile about it? What's wrong with being young and doing stupid things. Hell, my stepbrother once bet on the outcome of a football game (And he unfortunately does the stupidest bets ever) and ended up losing $40. Of course then he did the same bet for the Super Bowl and ended up not having to pay the money.

Moral of my pointless story: There's nothing wrong with betting on a game every now and then, win or lose. As long as you aren't getting in with the wrong crowd the only thing you've got to lose is money.