• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

KH3D, Why are Sora and Riku still children?!

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by Hatori, Aug 15, 2011.

1. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

But you did call people fools and then forced your opinions on us.

2. Roxion

Roxion New Member

ah, "doffed that mantle" thank you, I knew it was something fancy-sounding

3. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

Don't take it too seriously Venitas, there was no force, I only gave one opinion. As for calling you fools, it was a joke.
    Here is the facts:
    Yen Sid has the ability to be master, he just chooses not to hold the title.
    Here is the Opinion/Theory:
    He is the one that summoned Sora and Riku. So he will probably be the one to put them through the MoM exam. Seeing how the times are rather hard in "Sora's Era" because of the return of Xehanort (and another force we don't know of yet), Yen sid might have to step up again as a "master", and train Sora and Riku, even if he doesn't want to. If it means saving the worlds he will proably do it. We might even see him with a keyblade

Last edited: Aug 30, 2011
  4. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Okay Star, sorry 'bout that...
    About his Keyblade, what do you think it will be if we do see him in action? He'll probably have his own unique keyblade, although it might be Starseeker or even the Kingdom Key.
    Mickey almost definitely is a master. I mean, he was training under Yen Sid at least a good ten years before the first Kingdom Hearts even started. Plus, if he wasn't a master, Yen Sid would give him an exam along with Sora and Riku. So Mickey might hold the MoM exam instead.
    You know, we may as well just change the name of this to 'Theories on KH Dream Drop Distance'.

5. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Time for me to jump in this once again:

1. Yen Sid is a retired Keyblade Master. Just because he is retired does not mean that he is not able to hold the Mastery Test or to wield a keyblade. He can come out of retirement if he wish. Retirement just means taht he is withdrawing or not doing some to most of the job(s) that one would usually do. It did not stop him from looking and ensuring the balance in the world such as him being the first to recognize the threat of the Unversed. For example:

Professor Slughorn in Harry Potter was retired as a Potion teacher and a Slytherin Head of the House. However, it doesn't stop him from letting or teaching anything that he knows. Plus, he came out of his retirement from Part 5 and onwards.

2. The Mark of Mastery do not just have to be a battle. It can be anything that the one who was over the apprentices wishes.

3. Mickey do not have to take the test that they were having. Actually, we can tell that he is an exception and had a free pass and did not even have to take the test since Yen Sid saw him as to what he was doing in the worlds and saw that he is capable. However, Yen Sid knows more than Mickey and Mickey may not have the capability of being able to hold the test that is needed for Sora and Riku that Yen Sid has in mind.

6. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Very good point Summoner. So I guess Yen Sid will do whatever he deems fit in the MoM exams if he does hold them.

7. Wave57

Wave57 New Member

First of all the game looks awesome.

Like other said, I think the MoM will be given to them (Either all of it or most of it) in a dream form. Giving them obstacles they have seen before, facing their greatest fears, learning right from wrong, .etc.

Then again, we can only speculate, we don't know how long the game is, how far it goes in the story, .etc.

We can expect this in like, 4-6 months right?

8. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Right. it'll be sometime in 2012.

9. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

*sigh* just another prequel. I hear this game is a bridge like COM is to KH2 but i dont see how this game can be a bridge to set up KH3 When they step backwards.

10. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

No it's the mark of mastery exam, so it's between KH2 and KH3

11. Corbenik_979

Corbenik_979 Member

I think they are going through each others memories, and thats why their kids
    not only that they are both fighting their strongest enemies :D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

12. Corbenik_979

Corbenik_979 Member

i dont care what anybody says this game is gong to be awsome and kick some @##

13. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

CoM bad gameplay wise!? o_O hey that was the only game providing me with a real challenge of difficulty since your opponent could break your combos.

But anywho, my guess is that the scenes where Sora and Riku go back to their old clothings is that they temporarily go back in time, I mean how else would you explain that we saw them face to face with Ansem and Xemnas in the trailer? Perhaps in order to get the Mark of Mastery they need to battle Xehanort's Heartless and Nobody once more so that Yen Sid can be sure that they are ready for "the real deal".

14. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

So looking at this new trailer over and over again. My theory of them sleeping/dreaming is coming more and more real. "sleep walking" "dream". Also, I'm thinking as they are dreaming. They continue growing in life. Some Point in the game Riku gains his KH2 clothes, but has shorter hair with his keyblade. Sora is seen in red clothing. So they maybe going through stages of their life during the MoM exam

Last edited: Sep 16, 2011
  15. Mudstoise

Mudstoise New Member

Well no matter what, I'm sure that when more of the game is revealed we'll be totally and utterly surprised beyond anything we could have ever imagined ;) But yeah I can follow your theory.

16. Bjoacx

Bjoacx New Member

This might have been said but from what I read they are around 15-16 but visit there past self in dreams, (DREAM Drop distance) but none the less this is going to be one amazing game! Getting my 3DS probably today just to get that game! (Along side with OCT, and mario kart 7!)

17. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

I believe that it was all Yen Sid's magic from the time that I spent playing the Demo. I'm sure Yen Sid must have a good reason to turning Sora and Riku back to there younger ages in this one. Or it could of been S.E. idea to not show a much older Sora/Riku until KH3 comes out.

18. Master Sora

Master Sora Kingdom Key

I had the same question for a couple weeks and decided to dig into it. Im probably not going to provide any proof right now since Im too lazy to find everything, but what I found out is that the Mark of Mastery is a new palette for Sora and Riku to begin learning how to use the keyblade the right way. This is also another reason for Nomura to have Sora start over at level one. A new start.

The reason why they're young again is because it's probably due to Yen Sid's Magic through the realm of sleep. All of the past experiences and memories conflicting through as when they were young took on the effect of the realm of sleep. It's probably a mental thing of their power yet touching the surface. So they appear older out of the realm(and in for some of Sora's cutscenes) , but inside they're still young and need to refresh. Im not entirely sure, it's a theory. Plus Im not that good at explaining complicated things, haha.

19. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

I also believe that since there not keyblade masters just yet, and weren't properly trained as keybladers , inside of them are childern still, so when Yen Sid sends Riku/Sora into the realm of Sleep they are still kids, And Yen Sid changes there clothes to be a mixture of KH1/KH2 outfit. I mean this whole purpose of the Mark of Mastery Exam is to see which one of them has the power to change to become powerful.

20. Master Sora

Master Sora Kingdom Key

I also think Young Xe had something to do with Sora's new clothes. It's a plot device. I haven't gone far enough in the English version yet.

But it's not only a test on who's powerful enough, but to have the will to overcome their darkness.