• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

KHP 2014 Roadmap

Discussion in 'Site News & Announcements' started by NeRo, Apr 1, 2014.

1. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

• 4 / 1 / 2014
      KHPlanet 2014 Roadmap Wishlist​

[​IMG]

- New Banners
      We are looking to update the way the place looks around here so we'll be starting with new banners for both the light and dark skin

- New Site Team

We are currently looking for people that are interested in video game journalism that would be willing to write content for our site.
    • Staff Changes

There are a few upcoming staff changes in the works i'll be updating his thread once the details are finalized.

Accepting applications for Graphic Team once again. The graphic team will be in charge of making media and visual content for the main site and forum, this includes avatars, wallpapers, backgrounds, annoncement icons and the like. if you're into graphics drop me a inbox message

Well Ciao For Now everyone just updating everything so that you all have a enjoyable time around KHP

Cheers :cool:

~~VOX~~

2. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

good luck, this site will be booming again once a big KH game comes out

3. NeRo

Yes i'm very very excited for that. Welcome back Av, i've missed the familiar face.

i'm looking for all the KH news i can find and i'll have to post it on the mainsite myself till we can conjure up a new news team. But when KH3 gets more news this place will be booming i just know it.

4. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Well, I suppose it couldn't hurt to help out where I can.

5. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

I would say to forget the main page, it looks and feels dated

Just get a facebook group going for this forum, social media is the way forward

6. Become

I think we've tried that much in the past; didn't seem to work too well for us. The question is how to do we attract members when we have a dated forum, when they can jump on with places like KHI and KHV where the activity is relatively booming and the site and forums have been upgraded at least within the past two years?

7. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

A niche is needed,
    I have been so against it in the past, but for activity purposes I suggest completely converting this site and forum to a KH roleplaying site

It has had such an impact on this site and is so active. You could advertise and discuss current roleplay threads in the news sections etc

I hate Rp, but just an idea

8. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Bad idea.

We'll be providing a generally lackluster service to a relatively small fan-base. That would be a waste of time, my friend.

9. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

as opposed to providing next to no service to a dead forum which most successful pages are the RP pages?

10. Angel

And that's gonna change!

Because the staff, does a great job of keeping that forum alive. Its success belongs to them, and that's the problem. 99% of the time new members post in the KH section and no activity. They're looking for guides, explanations, discussions and no one responds, because focus is elsewhere. They're not staying because of our roleplaying section. I guarantee that.

P.S. The RP Section is successful in activity, yes. But the KH Section of the forum is what brings in members, revenue, and keywording.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2014
  11. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Woo-hoo time to bring back this place

*how I've missed this place*

12. NeRo

Well we can't let the main page go to waste. afterall it'll be what people see first so we have to at least have updated content on the page. Even if our main software is old what they read will not be!

We do need a Niche i agree but RP'ing won't be the thing to grab hold of them. I'd like to see us pump out a lot of Mass KH media like banners, wallpapers, icons and avatars. maybe we can start a weekly or bi weekly podcast with a few members talking about square stuff or KH stuff. Anything to garner activity. i have 100% faith this place will boom again. i already know it.

13. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

But other sites offer that and are much more successful at it, why would people come back or join when they can get a quicker answer elsewhere?
    Unless a major major re-haul is planned for the site and not just the forum with serious staff members who are all looking to make it a thriving community and not just focus on their section, then its not gonna attract others from (im sorry for saying this) better sites.

Either concentrate on one section (I suggested the RP section as it IS the most successful section on this forum) or get a team of near 25 staff members to help build this place again from the ground up.

14. Become

I'd be all for converting into a site that focuses chiefly on RPing and other creative works. But I feel like to really market ourselves towards that end with enough effect, we'd have to drop the KH moniker, which would mean changing the domain name changing the entire aesthetic of the site and that whole nine yards, which we can't, as of yet, accomplish. Trying to market ourselves as a massive KH role play site puts us into a lot competition for a very small populous. Which ultimately puts is into even worse a spot than trying to just clean and revive what we already have.

15. Angel

Apparently, they do. I personally am an example.

You shouldn't be sorry. Overall, those sites are better. And for the record, that's not a proper approach to go about building a community. Competition is well and good in its place, but 'stealing' members from other sites should be the least of our worries. Don't you think?

What you're suggesting would be better suited for an entirely different website of its own. Even so, I highly doubt that it will pick up. It's just not a niche that people are into. Don't you agree?
    1. It's not really searched
    2. Its not a general concept that everyone knows.
    3. It varies.
    4. There's no content to really archive.
    It's just not worth the trouble.

Honestly, I believe that there's not an angle to be had here. The site isn't successful because it hasn't been maintenance. A huge staff team isn't needed. This place can be up and running by gradual means. My old webmaster (Ace) sure as heck did it, with only himself and his best friend, so I know that we can do it.

16. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Angel is correct. At this point a staff team isn't important. To me those who are important is everybody here on the site not some power in which you can move a thread to the correct section or delete a double post. I think everybody presently active right now is who's important, who matters, and what we need.

Sure we can go on about what we want (/ actually need from the true technical fixing up of things) but honestly as of now however, we need everybody here to get this place back alive. We need people posting up interesting topics, letting friends know about this place trying to do a reboot, and getting people to come back onto the site.

That's what we need to do.

17. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

*stretches out and whatnot*

Well, looks like it's about time I came out hibernation. With a fully functional computer this go round instead of mobile devices, I look forward to this second run.

18. Abyssal Knight

Abyssal Knight I step back into the light of...

*Takes a step from out of the darkness*

Guess it's time I come back and help bring my first true love back on its feet. I mean it's only right I'm a KHFreak as much as the rest of you right!! XD

19. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I can't just sit around and do nothing when my home is in need of reviving!

I'll do whatever I can to assist in the rebirth of KHP.

20. Angel

I have a feeling that 2014 might be the year for KHPlanet!