• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Is the gameplay any good?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories' started by Griever, Jun 3, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

^True that. I got stuck at that damn last door and no matter what I tried, couldn't find a card high enough to open it. So I read a summary of the ending on gamefaqs and called it even.

2. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

It wasn't the high one I was stuck on. I couldn't find the damn blue card I needed. I had the 99 total I needed, but I couldn't find one blue card to save my life.

3. thekeyblader

thekeyblader New Member

Yeah I liked it, even though, if you use up all of your room cards you have to keep fighting until you get the necessary cards. It gets annoying.

4. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Gonna need you to post more than that.... next time you decide to make a post..

Anyways gameplay wise. i didnt like it. i dont like card based games so it may just be me ya know. i thought it was stupid and silly. its whatever though i only played for story line purposes anyway. same goes with Birth by sleep. im only playing for plot and story line. The gameplay is quick but very random especially with riku. well sora's is more oginized riku's is random...perioud

5. Venhot2

Venhot2 New Member

To tell u the truth IT SUCKED im pissed off it`s going to be the same with BBS, but as they say u get used to it, i think it was one of the hardest kh series game so far

6. master axel

master axel New Member

i didint think it was any good

7. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Master Axel, please add more to your posts than that in future. Why did it suck? Explain.

8. Locogabitron

Locogabitron Kichi's Squall Leon

Pretty cool game i would say. Im not much of person that like strategies and card playing games. But the storyline and how Nomura put it all together, it looks good. And ya, the combos are great. I like more the ps2 remake version that the cheapy GBA version. I just wish that Re: CoM would come to USA. Which it sucks if it doesn't

9. Unsure

Unsure New Member

Well, I thought it was coming out for Ps2, maybe I'm wrong, or maybe I'm stupid. :p

Enlighten me on the details. Hah.

10. Locogabitron

ya ya, it is. But its only for japan. If u buy it out of ebay and purchase Re: Chain of Memories, and u have an american ps2.. it won't work because its a NTSC/J

11. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

What does NTSC mean?

12. Locogabitron

National Television Standards Committee

I looked it up. :p

I read this too: "NTSC used in the US. PAL, used in Europe, except for France, which uses SECAM."

13. Well you my friend are a quitter, Im playing on Proud mode, and its easy.
    I love how you can use cards and card breaks, and reload your deck, dodge roll etc. But what i liked most about it is the fact that you have cards to play by! :D

14. Waterfall17

Waterfall17 New Member

I read in GameInformer (I think that's the one I was reading...) that people either loved or hated the new card battle system. I completely disagree, as I do not love it nor hate it. In some ways, it was cool, because I got to mash a bunch of different buttons (figuratively speaking, of course ^^'). I think that the creators of the game were very creative with the sleights. I also thought that the system was somewhat challenging in that you had to have some sort of tactic to win in the battles, which I didn't think would be the case. I was happy about this; makes it more interesting to actually have to try. The downside: battles can be very repetitive if you never switch up the deck order...and winning is way too easy...except during the boss battles. That is one thing that I did dislike about the system; you have to use card breaks everywhere!! I'd like to just attack the enemy. Oogie Boogie was particularly annoying in this respect. Other than that, good system with pros and cons just like any other.

I will add that I like the original battle system more, though--and KHII's more than KH's.

15. Fireflame

Fireflame New Member

the controls are confusing. I pressed R1 expecting to lock on but I cycled and remembered that R2 was the Lock-on button

16. Locogabitron

This thread is has like 3 months old.

*Closed*

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.