• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Rap vs Rock/metal

Discussion in 'General' started by KnuXl3s, Aug 13, 2008.

Rap vs Metal

1. Rap is better

3 vote(s)
    23.1%
  2. Metal is better

10 vote(s)
    76.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Twin in Shroud

Twin in Shroud New Member

Ohh okay then but, Eater he just shut you up hah hah. Seriously though it's like a african american studies class or something...

2. Mike

Mike Member

I'm not saying you don't know your stuff...I'm saying you posted the words "rap is hip-hop" which are very misleading words. But what you meant to say was precisely what you said here (which I agree with fully):

In other words, Rap ⊂ Hip-hop (Said "Rap is a proper subset of Hip-hop"). This is 'Math-speak' for: If you looked at the collection of all songs labelled 'hip-hop', it would include all of the rap songs. However if you looked at the collection of all songs that are 'rap', some hip hop songs would be missing.

So when you said "Rap is hip-hop" you meant: "Every rap song is also hip-hop. But not every Hip-hop song is rap."

Or to put it differently, Rap is a special case of hip-hop, where all side lengths are equal and all its internal angles are 90 degrees.

EDIT: Changed my wording a bit.

Last edited: Aug 19, 2008
  3. Twin in Shroud

Twin in Shroud New Member

that makes sense because when you look for the categories you see Hip-hop/rap but not reversed but you do see rap and r&b

4. un BLE vble

un BLE vble New Member

lol, u made my post really technical, mike. that math concept is bringing back horrible memories of boredom fromone of my math classes...

5. Mike

Mike Member

lol...then you'd hate my blog.

6. KnuXl3s

KnuXl3s New Member

I think there is some good rap in the world such as kenye west and lupiofasco but rapper such as lil wayne suck

Last edited: Aug 26, 2008
  7. xrawrxmassacre

xrawrxmassacre New Member

well i have tried listening to rap but well i just don't really like it

and with metal music you can mosh pit! :D

8. Unsure

Unsure New Member

Rap and hip-hop are consistently the same. Hip-Hip music is a lot easier and more modern to dance to, or in the least easier to throw away. (For me that is.)

Yeah, I'm going to stop before I start sounding stupid.

Other than that, I might post a list of amazing bands I love, whether metal or rock or whatever I like. Lol.

Hopefully some people are interested.

Reaction - Ace Enders. What I'm currently listening to.

9. Master Sora

Master Sora Kingdom Key

Rap gets tiering after a while, cuz it talks about the same stuff over and over. Clubs, girls, drugs, alcohol, cars, and sex. Not good stuff in life really =l..

10. KnuXl3s

KnuXl3s New Member

yea that is just an awesome feeling

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.