• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Music

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Sogeking, Jan 24, 2010.

1. Sogeking

Sogeking New Member

I dont know if this has been suggested or not but have you ever thought about adding a music player on the forums playing kh in game music . you could play song from all of them. You could add a larger number to the player and let people scroll through the songs choosing which one they want to hear

2. GrandShadow

GrandShadow I accept your challange.

something like this has been suggested for our profiles, only it wasn't limited to just kh music.

still, i'm all for the idea of putting a music player on the site, whether for the whole forum or just profiles.

3. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

We have been over this: Nobody wants to listen to emo crap (That doesn't listen to it normally) while they are visiting other people's pages! I certainly don't want to listen to any garbage by Linkin Park while I prepare to taunt people by calling their mothers a hamster.

4. Sogeking

Sogeking New Member

Yeah it would add more life to the site they could also play music for special events such as B-days and holidays that would be cool

5. GrandShadow

that's why you put in the feature to turn it on or off.
    problem solved, now give another reason why this shouldn't be implemented.

6. Sogeking

Sogeking New Member

You know man Im not sure why they wont add it in if anything it will bring more people to the site

7. GrandShadow

exactly. there's tons of reasons for why this should be used but so far that one reason has been the only one why it shouldn't be done. and yet, that reason is easily nullified so there's no reason why this shouldn't be done.

8. Answer Man

Answer Man Man I'm Awesome

ya know for that they can just like have a button they push that say's listen or not listen or somehting like that.

9. Sogeking

Sogeking New Member

Yeah I have been to other sites and they have music playing on there so i think it would help the site alot

10. Rejected Oblivion

Rejected Oblivion New Member

You know what's awesome?

Youtube.

Believe it or not, it has music =].

11. Sogeking

Sogeking New Member

Ohh no shit youtube has music ahh hell i wasnt aware of that. Of course we could use Youtube but this is for adding stuff to the site

12. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

LOL Monty Python.... :rolleyes:
    Anyway Moogs got a point and I think it has been adressed before. But I dont see whats so bad about it. I for one absolutely love innocently stalking people on their page only to be attacked by their loud emo musics. *Clicks on 'Jim-Bob's' page and shrivels and dies when Kids Bop starts playing*
    "Blehh....." X|
    No Wai you silly it just has videos. *jks*

But seriously with all sarcasum and games aside I am inclined to agree with the 'no music on profiles' idea. Maybe if the music doesn't start playing automatically I whould have a change of heart but for now I think it would be a mistake.

13. GrandShadow

that's why i said put on the option to turn it on or off.

that's the only argument against and its so easily blocked, yet it continues to be the only reason people bring up.

14. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Also, there is the issue of coding. And storage of the music. Neither of which grows on trees, I might add.

15. Icarus

Icarus skinwalker

Indeed, Cyber-Trees are a precious commodity that must be preserved.

I don't like this idea either. Then this just turns into some cheap Myspace sort of thing -___-

16. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

Agreed Icarus.

Just go to youtube and listen to music, don't bring it here, some ppl might get influence by music in the wrong way here when/if they go to a profile and it's playing all kinds of worldly music like rap for instants.

Sogeking likes this.
  17. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I agree. No music, please.

18. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

As everyone has said, too much coding / editing required. Too much web space will be used up. And we dont want to have to be carefull whenever we click a link due to the fear of "down with the sickness"

19. Sogeking

Sogeking New Member

Yeah thats why I suggested KH in game music or any music from a FF or Square Enix game

20. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

ok then, take one of my other 2 reasons, also I will add another. Copyright.

Good Luck, Have fun