• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Wierd Cutscene

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts: 358/2 Days' started by Goobok, Jan 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Goobok

Goobok New Member

Ok, so i've played the game a few times by now, and i really wonder what is going on in this cutscene..... Roxas looks for Xion at destiny Islands and thinks he sees her. Her runs up to the pier and finds her. But then she takes her hood off, and it turns out not to be her, but Zexion instead!! "Surely you knew this would happen" Zexion says. Roxas is surprised because it seems like Zexion can't even see him! Then Riku walks up behind roxas and says something to Zexion. Roxas must be invisible. Then it shows Roxas/Xion yelling and grabbing there heads. Can someone please tell me what the heck just happened? I really want to know.

2. Luxoran

Luxoran New Member

Huh. In Reverse Rebirth, when Riku approaches the small island during his Destiny Island floor visit, Zexion says "Surely you knew this would happen" as well.

YouTube - Kingdom Hearts Re: CoM English - Reverse/Rebirth - Part 36 - Boss - Darkside - 30 seconds in.

That's why Riku and Zexion are in the scene. Though I'm also confused on why that scene is connected with Roxas and Xion. Or even why Sora appears in the scene.

EDIT: Oh, and
    YouTube - Kingdom Hearts 358/2 Days: Translated Major Destiny Islands Cutscenes
    This is the scene you're talking about, no?

Last edited: Jan 31, 2010
  3. Goobok

Goobok New Member

Yes it is. I really don't understand some of this stuff. The video is a little different in Kingdom Hearts358/2 days though. It's more of a cutscene, and Riku and Zexion start circling Roxas/Xion/Riku/Sora.

4. ven_roxas

ven_roxas New Member

i forget where i heard it, but apparently roxas somehow got some of riku's memories along with soras.. but idr y

5. Keyblade Master Roxas

Keyblade Master Roxas Shake the Core.

It is quite the trippy scene.

first we have Roxas at the beach, and he is looking for Xion. He sees her, and runs to her. When he gets there, She turns into Zexion, and then Riku shows up and they both recite Zexion's lines to Riku when Riku got to Destiny Islands in Chain of Memories. Then Roxas falls down and turns Xion then into Riku, then turns into Sora.

The next scenes show Riku holding Xion, and Roxas running past them into a darkness portal.

After that we have Riku telling Xion that she has a choice.

Here's what I understand of it:

Riku has found out about Xion and how her face changes with the ones around her.

Roxas saw Xion and ran towards her.

Riku tracked her down and fed her his memories. Xion did not know how to process that information and broke. During this, Riku hid his and her prescence from Roxas.

Roxas upon not seeing her anymore, thought it was a part of his imagination and left.

Riku then tells Xion everything.

Riku, knowing that she will not know what to do with this new information will not force her to do anything. he also suspected that The Organization would make a move causing Xion to not trust them and that he would be the only one she has left.

This would all make sense, except that Riku would have never gone to Destiny Islands (I guess he had to. he never did cross any of his old friends...). and these things didn't happen at Castle Oblivion's Destiny Islands room, because Roxas has never been there until later.

6. ven_roxas

ven_roxas New Member

if thats true then y did roxas's appearance change? his appearance cant change. xion's does so i think that she was reliving one of riku's memories. idk how she got them, maybe naminé? since she controls soras memories and those connected to him she could have manipulated xions memories and riku's memories i guess...

7. Keyblade Master Roxas

Or maybe It was all a dream Xion had and the only real Roxas in there was when Riku saw Roxas open a dark corridor, probably after finishing a mission.

8. ven_roxas

ven_roxas New Member

maybe her being on the beach made her remember that situation and thats y she changed form. because she was trying to identify the memory with a specific person and couldnt. but i agree. the dream makes sense.. btw, the theory that roxas was actually there don't make sense cause riku takes care of xion when she passes out

9. Keyblade Master Roxas

Maybe Xion's memories leaked into Roxas's dreams, so the scene is Roxas' dream, but Xion actually did meet Riku there. As for the whole deal about Zexion and stuff, there's a simple explanation:

The meeting took place in Castle Oblivion, inside Riku's memory of Destiny Islands. Remember, Xion went to Castle Oblivion, then Riku is reported to be there, and a little while later, Xion and Riku are together. They must have met in Castle Oblivion.

It's kinda funny though, Xion "turning into" Zexion, because Xion actually being Zexion was one of the big theories when her face and name was first revealed.

10. Goobok

Goobok New Member

Woah, cool.

11. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

That acctuely sounds logical.

12. Goobok

Goobok New Member

Well, I do agree. Xion was created with the memories that sora had of Kairi, so maybe there were some Riku memories involved also.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.