• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Opinions?

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XII: Revenant Wings' started by EbeneezerAl, Feb 1, 2008.

1. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Who out there has played this? What did you think?

I haven't played it myself, but the reviews I've been hearing have been absolutely terrible. I've heard people who loved FFX-2, a game I consider to be beyond all definitions of the word horrible, say that Revenant wings is complete and utter crap. That doesn't seem to be a good sign.

But I'm interested to hear some other opinions. What did y'all think who have played it?

2. alexchewy

alexchewy New Member

i've played this but the one for ps2 is better and this one is kinda boring

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I have it and to me it is pretty fun. The battles are like a combination of XII and Tactics.

4. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

What is the story about? I saw it in a case at the store the other day, and the cover art was cute enough that it made me want to buy it. Luckily for my wallet, I don't own the system this game was made for and had to pass it up. But I'd still like to know the premise of the game, and am too lazy to search online for a script/summary.

5. Turnover

Turnover New Member

The story is only there to justify the name of Final Fantasy XII. If you're looking for a sentimental plotline, you won't find it here. In fact, an entire new continent is 'discovered,' new races are introduced and killed off (so it won't affect other Ivalice-based games), and basically much of the happenstances as well as dialogue were laughable.

I thought the game was good (despite the writing), and a nice way to put an RTS on a handheld. The gameplay never really got much better throughout than in the exposition, however, and soon enough battles turned out to be 'press X to select all, order everything to attack ___, use some of your heroes' spells on occassion' (basically, my beef is that there was little strategy involved). That aspect made the game more portable, but it really made the entire experience less enjoyable. The cg cutscenes were impressive for the NDS, but not really up to par as even the introduction to FF III.

Overall, a good buy if you're a dedicated XII fan and are looking for a simple method of enjoying yourself -- as long as you can find it cheap.

6. Desert Warrior

The main thing that I don't like is how they made the people look. Balthier looks anorexic and 14. Fran looks younger than she did in 12.

7. xHotsumax

xHotsumax New Member

i have only played the one for the ps2 but im wondering wats is the purpose of making one for the ds i think

8. Desert Warrior

To tell you what happens after XII.

9. xHotsumax

xHotsumax New Member

o okay thx :)

10. aqua007

aqua007 Banned

i think it is pretty fun.

11. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

good game horrable graphics though

12. aqua007

aqua007 Banned

yes.the graphics are quite a drag.but its still a good game