• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Vista Internet Security 2010

Discussion in 'General' started by EtherealSummoner, Mar 1, 2010.

1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Hey. Just want all of you to know, watch out for anything that says Vista Internet Security 2010. It went and just attacked my computer today. Vista Internet Security 2010 is a rogue anti-spyware program that simulates a system scan and reports false scan results just to scare you and make you think that your computer is infected with Trojans, worms and other malware. It's just a scam just to make you pay more and more money. A powerful program indeed. It won't even let me pm and if I keep on clicking the red X, it'll just come back. I have to shut down my computer three times just for it to go away and right now, I'm downloading a program that gets rid and blocks Vista Internet Security 2010. YOU MUST NOT DOWNLOAD THE PROGRAM! It will claim that it has many things to remove the viruses that don't even exist on your computer just for you to order the full version. It's best that I tell all of you about this because it's new and I don't want any of you suffer the same thing that me and my mom has to go through trying to take it off. The Trojans made this program so be careful.

2. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

Thanks for the warning! I'll keep an eye out for it! ;)

3. Colonel Caboose

Colonel Caboose The Man, the Myth, the Legend

Hey I got this like two weeks ago! My brother was visiting and knows about this stuff and removed it for me, which took forever (two hours) anyhow does it have the whole background of your monitor changed too?

4. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I'm not sure if it can do that...

5. Keyblade Master Roxas

Keyblade Master Roxas Shake the Core.

Oh my god! that piece of crap was on my computer! I don't know how it came into my computer. But thank god my uncle refreshed my computer. >O< now it's not in my computer anymore phew. Now I have someting that blocks that and otehr programs. That was a pain to get out. I couldn't do anyting. Like when I try to click fire fox the danm thing is all like alert you have a virus please download or buy it. I'm like you know what refresh my computer and start all over again. I had to save all my pictures into my photo bucket account. >.<

Last edited: Mar 1, 2010
  6. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Everybody has gotten a version of this god-awful virus by now. Unless you're running a linux. Or, like my emulator-making friend, has like five different firewalls, four different anti-viruses, a few anti-spywares, and a partridge in a pear tree.

7. Keyblade Master Roxas

Well I'm happy I don't have the evil virus shit! >.<

8. Colonel Caboose

Colonel Caboose The Man, the Myth, the Legend

sometimes some of that stuff can canel each other out.

9. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

It doesn't. EVER. Cancel out.

10. Keyblade Master Roxas

You have to refresh your computer like i did. :3
    erasing all the things in your computer. and your saved.

11. Misty

Misty New Member

There are ways to recover everything while retaining all of your files & all that.

I dealt with similar viruses on my sister's computer and my dad's computer, and yeah, they're a pain. The problem is that they hit so many people because they give you that little "Your computer has a virus, click here to fix it!" message, and the ordinary computer user doesn't know not to click it.

And then there's just the downright dumb people that get it of their own fault, haha. To be honest though, I don't have any anti-virus programs or firewalls on my computer and I'm fine. As long as you're smart about where you go and you can always download them when you need them, there's really no need. At least, it works for me.

12. Overdose

Overdose Ninja.V

My other laptop has just got that... and now none of the programs will work. I've just turned it off for now, may look into it more tomorrow. Any suggestions on how to make my life easier? Feel free to tell.

13. alchemistz

alchemistz New Member

Thanks for the warning and glad I don't have that virus. I think my norton works fine even it's still a crappy

14. Twilight Roxas

Twilight Roxas New Member

o: Download Malwarebytes Anti-Malware. When it's downloaded. Go into safe mode, let the malware scan. Then it takes an hour or so usually, after it scans. It'll find like 5 trojans. Delete them all O: then restart your computer normally and it's gone.

15. Misty

Misty New Member

@ Overdose:
    This is what you should do, but it's probably not letting you execute any programs (i.e. Internet Explorer/Firefox/Safari or whatever you use, and if you do successfully install Malwarebytes, the program itself). The best option is to use another computer and put the installer for Malwarebytes onto a flash drive/jump drive (don't worry, I've done this before and the files on the drive weren't affected by the virus at all. Just in case though, it's always smart to back things up).
    Now turn on the infected computer, and as soon as you get to your Desktop, open task manager (CTRL+ALT+DEL on a PC, I don't know about Mac, but I doubt you've got a virus on a Mac). For me there was a Process running that was just a string of numbers, and if there is for you, end that. You should now be able to execute the installer for Malwarebytes that you put on a jump drive, and then run the program & remove the virus. If not, keep closing processes that you're not familiar with.

That's what worked for me. :] Good luck.