• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

LOOK! Signature of the Week Themes/Discussion

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kitty, Dec 14, 2007.

1. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Weather
    Religion
    Magic
    Dragons
    Everyday
    Cartoons
    The Incredibles
    History

2. Crossfault

Crossfault New Member

\m/

how about a game console/platform theme?

3. Whiplash

Whiplash New Member

How about selecting an good, high res image and have people make different sigs with it?

4. un BLE vble

un BLE vble New Member

^that actually sounds really good. I mean, a sig competition like that would depend more on creativity than skill, IMO

5. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Rather creativity and skill rather than your ability to find a good stock. I like this idea. If I can ever get the music competition to take off, I'm considering doing the same thing for some themes. Picking a piece of music and having everyone do and arrangement of that.

6. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

What about using a Human Stock. instead of it being anime/game based. or was that what you guys ment when you said high quality render or something of that nature.

7. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

By that we mean any high quality stock. Toph goes and finds a stock she likes, or get's someone else to do it depending on her mood, and that week's theme is that everyone has to do something with that stock.

The image could be anything. Could be a game stock, could be a bowl of Cheerios. Doesn't matter.

8. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Who the hell would make a sig of a bowl of cheerios?

I support this idea. If I remember, I'll find a stock and choose it for the next round.

@xelhes, round 2, I believe, featured human stocks. You missed it.

9. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Meh, I wasn't saying a bowl of Cheerios was a good idea. Just an example to get the point across.

10. Nikylee

Nikylee New Member

would i be allowed to enter this or did i miss a previous round?
    im deciding if i should come out of retirement or not ^^

11. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Rounds are independent. It's not a tournament, just a weekly competition for our own amusement and bragging rights, XD. So yes you may enter. More entries makes it more interesting.

12. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

2 things to say, one is a question. 1.) Which is the latest SOTW and 2.) We should have a High quality stock. have the stock be a human render and see what people can do with it. if need be i can provide stocks i have tons of high quality ones i can toss out there

13. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

The horror one, SOTW 8, is the latest SOTW. Just go by the numbers, :p.

14. Kitty

The more the merrier. You still have a little more time to get your entry in for Sotw 8. I update every Saturday, usually in the morning, Central time.

@xelhes: the submission thread that isn't closed is the one that is current. You gonna join this week?

15. Kitty

What exactly do you mean by art? Technically, any shitty sig could be considered art. Does it have to feature a stock from a famous painting or something?

16. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Art in the classical sense. Stocks from paintings, sculptures, etc. Or I suppose depending on the route you wanted to go, you could go with a "process" sort of thing (brushes, pallete, easel, canvas, etc.) But no, creating a random sig from any stock you feel like and calling it Art, doesn't fly.

17. Kitty

Sotw is on hiatus until people begin to express an interest in continuing it.

18. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

I kinda wont be interested until exams are over (end of may)

wont be very active until then either... Sorry :(

19. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

I'm always up for it, of course. Seeing as I've been almost the only entry the past couple of weeks. <_<

20. Whiplash

Whiplash New Member

I'm not entering anything until I can make something I like again. Damn form slumps.