• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Is this game worth a playthrough?

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories' started by YenSid, May 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. YenSid

YenSid New Member

I've beaten Kingdom Hearts 1 and 2 on the PlayStation2, and I just finished 358/2 days on the DS.

So far I basically know a little bit about the story but fitting all the pieces together is a little difficult, especially since there are games coming out on PS3.

2. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

Deffinetly. It is a great game and it tells alot of the story. I would play Re:Com though. It was much better, but if you cant I would get the GBA game.

3. YenSid

YenSid New Member

The GBA one basically looks like a simpler 358/2 days, another handheld KH remake.

i can't get any playstation games, it's just too costly now that I've sold everything but DSi, it was good while it lasted on the PS2 but I can't afford Sony's merchandising anymore

4. VentusSearcher

VentusSearcher Steam is the only way....

That is a good point, Sony does overprice alot of there products, PS3 games go for like 60bucks new these days. Anyway ya GBA version is great, I started on that one and then bought RECOM. I have to warn you though, personaly I thought the GBA version is way harder.

5. Rejected Oblivion

Rejected Oblivion New Member

Re:CoM is $30 which is basically the price of a DS game. I'd get it over the GBA any day but I don't know your financial status so do as you please. With that said, though, it has my favorite gameplay of all the games so I'd vouch for it. It goes without saying that KH1 is the original and so is the all-being of KH games but I'd say Re:CoM is the second best. The only downside is the world system. It fails hard and kills the replay value. That goes for the GBA version as well, though.

6. YenSid

YenSid New Member

Honestly ROM files are free, and legal if you've owned a copy of the game. I might even be able to get a PS2 emulator.

It sounds like Birth by Sleep is going to really be crazy, compared to the original KH, I mean now there's some guy named Vanitas?!

7. Phox

Phox New Member

I never considered getting this game mainly because i thought it was like a little side plot of the original KH. But since i knew that it was right after KH i was like "damn..." but i watched a playthrough and all that mattered was the plot to me. The only KH games I own are 1 and 2. I've been guessing at stuff that happens in between and what the new games are about and so far i've been right ha! :p

I might just get this game for the lolz

8. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I honestly hated the gameplay of COM and could never make myself finish a playthrough. The story is okay, and being familiar with it might help with making sense of KH II, although I think KH II is designed so that playing COM isn't necessary. I loved the original KH, and II is pretty good, but there are very few kind things I can say about COM. It just didn't do it for me.

So, I wouldn't recommend going out and buying COM to anyone, but I suppose if you're bored and can get it cheaply or free, playing through the game won't kill you.

9. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

If you can go somewhere and get it for a low price then yeah go ahead and get it but if its too much which I doubt it, then don't buy it. It's not needed to play with really. If you have already played KH2.. But check it out because I liked the game myself.

10. Destiny

Destiny Guest

ReCoM would be the best to get. It's a little cleared on stuff. The game is resonably cheap, and you should be able to buy it used, it's been out for a while now. Then PS2 if you can, you can buy very cheap for about $80 cheap, new. As for PS3, you're right, that price is real high, if it keeps it's pattern of price deduction, it should be resonably cheap around Christmas 2011(then again for all we know, Sony could release a whole new system)

Let me put things a little simpler for you though. I had CoM, played part of it but got bored with it and went straight onto KH2 and I was able to fill in the pieces pretty easily. Now as for 358/2 Days, you sort of kind of need Re.CoM to understand how Roxas came to be.

11. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

Sony will not release a whole new system. They said they would keep making games for it for 10 years, which would be until 2016.

12. Zerieth

Zerieth Head Game Reviewer

that sounds like a good plan, but i still haven't heard a lot of good things about the ps3. Graphics yay, controls nay from what I hear.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.