• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Rate the Avatar Above, Version 2

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Kitty, Feb 19, 2010.

1. Rexzo

Rexzo New Member

6.5/10

The robes are very cool, and the background is mysterious yet the look on her face is not of sorrow but of content and happiness. Very nice.​

2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

8/10. Still can't tell if it is blood or not.

3. lagatcy

lagatcy New Member

So... it went from 5/10 to 4/10? I was actually hoping someone else was going to rate my Icon. One, preferably with a keen sense of artistic idealism. I mean, I wouldn't have said anything but you've rated mine twice in a row now, same icon at that, with little or no CnC behind it.

Anyways, since you've gotten a new icon...
    2/10;
    You seem to have a pattern. Low quality images, boring, with 0 work behind it. There's nothing wrong with plain icons or icons with 0 work on it, but you lack creativity and seem to lack an eye for.. well, art.

4. EtherealSummoner

I do not lack creativity or art. Don't get upset that my opinion is that I can't tell what your avatar is. If it was a signature, I would have rated it better but as an avatar, I can't tell what you did with it so that is why your rating is a 4/10.

5. lagatcy

lagatcy New Member

I'm not upset at any opinion at all. I'm upset that twice in a row now, I've had a person with a poor track record on a creative knack, rate my icon twice. It's also aggravating when you post in here after someone does, every time, just increase post count.

6. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Quit the arguing. And I made a point when remaking these threads to say that I don't want people rating the same avatars and signatures over and over again. Give someone else a chance to post and comment on them, gawd. There's not even a post count in this area.

@Lag- personally, I really like this. It's like what I would make if I weren't so lazy. Beautiful coloring and text. 9/10, because it's so good to see an avatar in this thread that's not just a googled image (and because it really is well done).

7. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

My personal opinion, I'm throwing in a 7 maybe an 8. I'm focused too much on the man's chin, it sticks out more than the rest (something I personally notice a bit with a number of Đemaian's art, is a huge focus right in the centre). Besides that, a fantastic use of brown, I find it hard to play with that colour. Text isn't the greatest but it's passable, perhaps if a bit of effort were to be used on the text (the "h" is pretty cool, but the rest not so), it would improve everything?

8. EtherealSummoner

Really don't care what you think of me. I see things different from everyone else. Toph may give you a nine but someone else may give you a different answer. I would rather be honest than to just go "YOU GET A NINE!! BRAVO!! YOU GET AN EIGHT!! OH MY DESTINY!! YOU GET A TEN!!"

8/10. I am more attracted to the other images that you have added on the avatar than the main person himself. Even though they are blended in, the light on his eyeball is somehow making all of the other image like the one at the top-right stand out.

Last edited: Oct 18, 2010
  9. Kitty

He's not asking for a 10 rating, he's asking for constructive criticism, which you weren't really giving. And he was also asking for someone else to rate his avatar, since you'd just done it twice, and weren't exactly helpful. Quit the damn arguing, or I won't be so nice about it.

@H.SummonerBWM- looks like a wallpaper scaled down to be an avatar, which doesn't work too well, seeing as how you lose all the details. It's ok, but I can't say anything jumps out at me as being particularly well done or interesting. 6/10.

10. EtherealSummoner

7/10. Starting to become more original...

11. Kitty

4/10 Too much contrast and the image looks a little distorted.

12. Gestahl

Gestahl New Member

well,that's kinda weird.. 4/10.

13. EtherealSummoner

6/10. XD I think that he is from FFVI. He looks so funny with that beard.

14. GC4life

GC4life New Member

9/10 Good effect, just to much of said effect.

15. Goldfish

You should crop that screen shot so it has even sides thus making a bigger avatar.
    4/10.
    Also, woo for Ouran High!

16. EtherealSummoner

Fish on a T.V.? Sweet. I like the neon green. 7/10.

17. Kairi13Lawliet

Kairi13Lawliet New Member

Haha new to this thread but im guessing you judge by effort?

so 3/10, because i have seen that picture and nothing is changed about it, not cropped or colored. (sorry for low score i feel mean lawlz)

18. Goldfish

Also personal preference, if you like, you don't like, etc. Whatever you can pull out really.
    ____
    Anyway, I'm liking this. A few flaws but easily looked over. Be a bit better if the rose was not as transparent.
    7/10

19. Kairi13Lawliet

Kairi13Lawliet New Member

Oh ok ^^

Thank you, yeah i did want the roses to stand out more myself as well but never got around to editing it xDD<3

-

9/10 - because the goldfish is cute and it has nice vibrant colors :3

20. EtherealSummoner

Nah. Don't feel like you are mean. I like this avatar but I don't know what in the world you are seeing when you are saying when you don't see anything colored or cropped.

6/10. I just don't like the rose. it should have stayed as one color. I just despise it.

Last edited: Nov 5, 2010