• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Techno/Trance listeners and/or artists

Discussion in 'Music & Industry' started by xxCHANCExx, Nov 1, 2010.

1. xxCHANCExx

xxCHANCExx New Member

2. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

Ever since my most recent holiday to Indonesia. DDR at the Arcade was hella cheap. So in the end, lots of DDR and lots of trance/techno/raving tunes. I won't say it is my favourite genre but it sure is pretty fun to move to when you're in the mood.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2010
  3. xxCHANCExx

xxCHANCExx New Member

I used to be into hardcore/metalcore/shtuffz like that. But then I started listening to trancecore which is a blend of trance and metal and then it just developed into trance lol.

4. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I would have to say Trance. I tend to listen to them more than I do with Techno and that includes with the remixes.

5. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Haven't listened to too much techno/trance lately. It's so hard to find any that really keeps my interest long enough to really get into it. I mean, I can listen to it through, but I don't normally listen to too much of it for long. Most of the tech/trance that I've got is basically your common brand x sort of stuff found primarily through scouring the internet for hours on end... sometimes just to find one song.

The stuff you've made is pretty awesome, I must say. What sort of equipment/programs do you use for it?

Some of my favorite techno(ish) music is from here. I think the best term for it would be "techrock," but there's probably a more official name for it.

6. xxCHANCExx

xxCHANCExx New Member

Ya unfortunately that's true. Trance can be a VERY generic genre, unless you find a good song, which is hard to find usually lol but I succeed at finding songs sometimes. And thanks I'm glad you listened to my stuff :) . I use fruity loops studio 9.

7. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

Finally got a chance to hear some of the stuff you made. Neat stuff, It ranks with the top for me.
    Lately I've found myself listening to a group/producers/people (not entirely to sure) called "EXIT TRANCE".
    Also more so of a Drum and Bass (might be able to slap bands like this in with this genre) genre, bands like Pendulum or Blue Stahli are among my favourites here.

8. xxCHANCExx

xxCHANCExx New Member

9. Soopaweirdo

Soopaweirdo New Member

Personally, I find that Techno, breakcore, or anything related to the aforementioned genre is my preferred propensity, though I'm not an elitist to other genres, excluding Pop Music.

I would say that my favorite artists as of now are Aphex Twin, Daft Punk, Venetian Snares, and Boards of Canada.

Destiny likes this.
  10. Luke

Luke Member

I love techno but whenever i download bulk torrent of the shit, it usually all sucks. Can anyone recommend any good artists?

11. xxCHANCExx

xxCHANCExx New Member

Yeah most stuff you find that way is pure crap. I find that underground artists are way better usually. This guy always finds great unknown artists and promotes them to get them known. His stuff is always class A trance.

YouTube - TheUltimateReaper2's Channel

Also I'm a trance artist if you wanna check out my stuff :D lol

If it;s not your type of trance/techno just let me know I got tons of good artists to share.

12. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

The underground artists in just about any genre are usually better than the ones that dominate things in the mainstream. I mean there're a few good things out in the mainstream, but most of it is crap wherever you look, or otherwise just overdone to the point that it gets boring to have to listen through it.

13. xxCHANCExx

xxCHANCExx New Member

Very true. I dislike most mainstream music. Underground is where it's at lol. So sad to see real talent go unseen though. I've found some extremely talented trance artists that have only like 50 subs on youtube and barely anyone has heard their music.

Destiny likes this.