• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

E3 2011 Wrap Up/ The future of Kingdom Hearts?

Discussion in 'Archive' started by x3pic, Jun 13, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

As we all know, Last week the biggest gaming expo of the year took place. Bringing us games from major game developers and small game developers as well. Sadly, Square Enix failed to update the gaming world with any type of Kingdom Hearts news. However, we did get huge news from some of Kingdom Hearts' publishers, Sony and Nintendo! Both companies announced new systems. Sony revealing it's next-gen portable system "PSVita" and Nintendo showing off their up coming console, the Wii U. Could the future still be bright for Kingdom Heart?

Starting off with Sony, the original home of Kingdom Hearts. They have reacently been making noise in the portable gaming world. Unveiling their PSVita and Square Enix is one of the developers working on games for this mini console. Could this possibly mean a Kingdom Hearts Vita project? I wouldn't put it passed Square Enix, with a possible sequel to Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep, maybe we will see it on the Vita and not it's predecessor! For those of you who couldn't catch E3, the PSVita, is the next-gen Sony handheld. It's graphics are said to even rival that of it's larger counterpart, the PS3. There will be two version released, one that will have access to a 3G network through AT&T and the other will not. These graphics will be great for the Kingdom Hearts series, as well as the 3G/WIFI for multiplayer action, which Square Enix has been looking to do for a while.

Lets move on to Nintendo, and their "super" console the Wii U. This piece of hardware is truly extraordinary, being stronger than all three current consoles. As gamers, we all know Nintendo and how they have to create something, anyone else have done. The controller for the Wii U contains a screen in the middle of it, you can say it is almost like a tablet. This tablet allows the gamer to play games anywhere they want, not just on the TV. You can say its an handheld home console! Yet, I don't think we will hear much Kingdom Hearts new here, but anything is a possibility.

Is the future of Kingdom Hearts looking grim?

2. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I don't think it's grim. Wii U and PS Vita possibly have a chance for Kingdom Hearts in the future but I am hoping for Kingdom Hearts 3 after Dream Drop Distance.

3. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I do not think that Kingdom hearts is getting grim but you do not hear much about the game because there is too much time put forth on not only it but also to the fact that there are work being put forth on other, major games. As for saying that Square Enix failing to bring any updates on Kingdom Hearts, they are most likely are keeping all updates to themselves. They are working on FFXIII-2.

4. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

I'm 50/50 on this. True, Kingdom Hearts is a major gaming series, but at the same time, SE has to worry about other series like Final Fantasy. They might not even be able to release KH3 till 2013-2015. And by then ppl won't care anymore

5. Angel

Well people won't lose interest if it is announced that the game is in development. Even if the release will be between 2013-2015.

6. ADogX

that's the thing, KH3 development HASN't been announced.

7. Angel

Here's the positive side. The year is not over yet.

8. ADogX

the negative side to that is that it's halfway over. Still no news about it.

9. Angel

I bet my bottom dollar that TGS will definitely have some news.

10. ADogX

I hope that...whatever you just said...is right

11. Moviebuff3000

Moviebuff3000 New Member

:( boooo I wanted them to at least give of a teaser of a possible Kingdom Hearts 3 game.

12. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

Please don't post in threads older than 1 month please

-CLOSED-

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.