• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

KH comedy ideas

Discussion in 'Traditional' started by Chocobo Dyl, Mar 16, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Chocobo Dyl

Chocobo Dyl New Member

I need some help thinking of comedy ideas.can you please post any ideas.I don't do swearing.help me please.

2. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

It depends what kind of comedy you want. Do you want it to be like Shakespeare, or like family TV show?

In any case here are some things you should definantely look into for comedy ideas.

Mythology
    Lot's of ancient & classical myths contain great comedy. A good place to start would be Aesop's Fables. The story of King Midas is always good for a laugh.
    If you are like me and love satire, check out Juvenal's work.
    Medieval Literature
    A newfound favorite of mine is Ivanhoe by William Scott. Pay attention to what Wamba the Fool does. In essence, anything dealing with a court contains witty humor. The fool is the only member of the court allowed to tell the whole truth.
    Renaissence stuff... aka Shakespeare
    I have the Complete works by the way, if you ever need help. The best comdey I have experianced so far is The Merry Wives of Windor. Midsummer's Night Dream is also gold.
    To be Enlightened...or at least Fairly Humored
    Voltaire wrote some excellent satires. Candide is considered a masterpiece. To be honest, I'm bogged down in philosophy in this era. I love Opera too, so Mozart's work is a good thing to look into.
    Ah! To our Industrial Age!
    The key word here is Opera. Most Operas I like have the person die at the end, which isn't very funny. But I think there are some excellant comedies out there. Look into Verdi.
    Imperial Majesty...or a Silly Game?
    My favorite books from childhood are the Oz books by L. Frank Baum. He was good at balancing humor with the plot. The Emerald City of Oz is an example of puns.
    Nationalist? Ok, then I chose Moranika for the Morans!
    ^ Three Stooges referance. My grandmother loves all the classic comedians. I do as well. The Three Stooges, Abbot & Costello, Laurel & Harvey, and the Marx Brothers dominated Hollywood's funny side.
    The Atomic Age, and no I will not make a Dr.Strangelove reference.
    Still, Stanley Kubrick was an excellant director. The classic TV show "I Love Lucy" is a good example of visual humor. You might want to check out the Godfather movies just to see the irony, and how to balance things more.

3. Chocobo Dyl

Chocobo Dyl New Member

Thanks alot and I meant like the Kingdom Komedies videos you'll find on youtube.
    still thanks alot

4. smosh102

smosh102 New Member

Have you tried getting characters or phrases from things like tv shows it would help if u got charcters/phrases from funny programs.And all so to create new things on kingdom hearts like new key blades or forms and maby make ansems reports say something funny aswell.

5. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

I'm so surprised that nobody thought of this yet but why not make a Sixth Sence scene with Arith?
    I mean, she died in her own game didn't she? Make Sora admit he sees dead people.

6. 1-up salesman

1-up salesman New Member

How about Mickey getting rabees? Riku dyes Sora's hair pink when he is sleeping.

7. The Heartless King

The Heartless King The King of Shadows

Ha! Funny! I can hear mickey now...........Raifj urehjshjknhnjbgh

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.