• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Site Loading Slow: Please Fix

Discussion in 'Archive' started by EtherealSummoner, Mar 14, 2012.

1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Is it just me or is the site tends to load slow now. Every time when I jump on the site, it just shows the banner at the top part of the site and takes 2-3 minutes to load and that is now starting to annoy me. I doubt that it is my side. Is anyone else is experiencing this?

2. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Oh yeah, big time with mine. It takes the site at least 5 minutes to load while I sit and stare at the factoring banner...

3. EtherealSummoner

Glad to know that I am not the only one who is experiencing this problem. This is the reason why I was unable to post as much or talk to anyone. It takes a while to load and my desktop is up-to-date.

4. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Ya right there it took 7 minutes to load the reply page -_- That's just ridiculous! Happy pi day btw Brandon :D You see the thread I made for it?It's in fun and games)

5. Luke

Luke Member

Hasnt been happening to me, and i have shitty verizon dry loop DSL soooo i dunno >>

6. Light&dark

Light&dark Salute 2 dem hatas moffo!

It Is taking sooo long for me -_-... Thats why I don't get on early like I used to -_-

7. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Yup slow on my end as well.

8. Cameron

Cameron New Member

Works good as usual.

9. BK-201

BK-201 Member

In the late 1990's this would be considered crazy fast
    But we are in 2012 so this is extremely slow...must fix

10. EtherealSummoner

XD HA! You made me laugh. But yea. Some of us are experiencing slow speed with this site so I am hoping that this is resolved real soon. Otherwise, I will never stop doing this:

[​IMG]

11. Vor

Vor Princess Eater

Fine on my end, maybe it depends on the computer you have?

12. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Yeah. I've been having this issue myself. Whether it's on my laptop, or one of my parents' laptops, and even on my phone. Site's slow to load.

13. Noir

Noir

I'm experiencing this too, like what you said. But it takes me only seconds up to 2 min.

14. EtherealSummoner

It is not the type of computer. Otherwise, this would have been stated already but there would be less of us saying that we are experiencing problems and that it must be the computer.

15. Destiny

Destiny Guest

It is just the site. I have an AT&T super fast iPhone, a MacBook pro running on Xfinity, basically pretty advance stuff and it's very slow where as YouTube I never have any buffering. I plan to attempt to contact TD again on this matter, I'm hoping all updates perhaps saturday(I hope). Here's what I suggest trying now...
    1.) as this has been proven before, use the contact tab to actually get the problem fixed. More people who contact TD through that
    2.) watch what you post. Though this is a theory, this thread prooved it. This thread took longer to load than a thread with barely any pictures. A site acts like a computer in ways. The more you have loaded on your computer the slower it runs and processes data. Put less pictures, links, and especially graphics on a thread page, the quicker it should load(not that it'll completely fix it)
    3.) yeah just contact TD, it's quicker and helps to solve the problem more than just posting in a thread comlaing

16. EtherealSummoner

Oh yea. To add in what Destiny has stated, it may be easier if you go to the "Show Your Signature" box that sits underneath the post box and take off the check. It may help. Not for certain but it is a try.

17. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

When I signed on the site today I was floored with how slow it was loading, then I seen this thread and everything made sense. (I had a busy week with projects and assignments >_<)

Anyways, Destiny I hit the "Contact" button and sent a message to TD (It does go to TradeDemon right ?) I was just wondering though, should we be 'contacting' him a few times or is once good enough ?

I didn't know that such a box existed until reading this O:

18. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Well I usually wait for a response or after two days(and the same for if you recieve and mail for him) I send a reminder.

19. TradeDemon

TradeDemon King Kong

Problem solved. One of the plugins we were using was causing the glitch.

Sorry for the inconvenience caused guys!

20. EtherealSummoner

Are you sure that it is not more than one? I am still experiencing it. I'll go back on my computer, scan it and see if there is anything wrong on my side but I think that there may be more than one.