• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Pokemon vs. Digimon

Discussion in 'Entertainment' started by EtherealSummoner, Jun 30, 2012.

Pokemon or Digimon

1. Pokemon

40.0%
  2. Digimon

60.0%
  3. Both sucks. None.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

We know that they rhymes with "mon" but seriously, we really need to know which series are the best. Pokemon has been getting its name out btu then there is the new Digimon Xros Wars. I wonder... which series do you favor? In all honesty, I like Digimon better. I watch Pokemon a little bit more but I favor Digimon more. Digimon Tamers and Digimon Data Squad... meh. Not so much but the series before them were fantastic. With pokemon... just so many pokemons to remember...

Attached Files:

2. Answer Man

Answer Man Man I'm Awesome

When we talk about t.v shows we must go with Digimon, pokemon was cool and all but Ash is no Red and the pokemon now are just dumb and non-creative. I loved the 1st 4 generations of Digimon and that movie was friggin awesome, i dont remember a pokemon movie being that awesome since the 1st movie! And when they were able to turn themselves into Digimon, that was a cool idea, the rest of Digimon become like pokemon and got boring. Or maybe i just grew up??

When it comes to games pokemon is better and i will still turn on my game boy advance and play yellow or red. Digimon games were ok, but i prefer playing pokemon over this even though the pokemon games really arent all that and there like Call of Duty, there the same thing over and over again with a few new things but eh i'll play them.

3. Akirus

Akirus New Member

i prefer digimon. especially digimon seasons 3 and 4.the idea to be able to becpome your own digimon was epic in my eyes and like answerman said, i will gladly play a pokemon game here and there for a little while but cant really get into the show because the pokemon are non-creative. they are just modified versions of the very first pokemon.

4. Cameron

Cameron New Member

Well, it's simply that (IMO) Pokémon had greater success in the gaming field when Digimon was better as a TV-series. Pokémon was about collecting stuff and it was a creative game, but as a series I didn't like it too much. Digimon, on the other hand, had a great story and it really worked as TV-series, when the games were a total flops. I haven't played the games in ages so I don't know about the newer ones.

But I prefer a Digimon because it was simply better in the entertaiment field - it had a great story that had endless possibilities.

5. Denki Wolf

Denki Wolf New Member

Now to make a war against the other is a bit unfair to both sides if you look at it the right way.
    You see, Digimon had a very successful anime, but their games are... well lackluster at best.
    While It's Pokemon's games holding it alive today not the anime.
    Heck, just look at Pokememe's and count how many anti comics are about the anime.

I was never, personally, a digimon watcher, but without nostalgia goggles, I've been able to watch some of the anime and some of pokemons.
    Digimon does win in the anime catergory.
    But Pokemon wins in video game.

As for personal appeal, I will go with pokemon anytime.

6. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

They have Digimon Online. I am trying it out to see if they did any better. But anyway, I think that if they just try harder for the Digimon games, they may end up rivaling the Pokemon games. They can revolve the digimon with leveling and evolving but still have a better element if they do something such as battling other digimon tamers like Digimon Online. I played Digimon 4... ... it was alright... just not... all that fun.

They have over 1,000 Digimons now. They should be able to come up a decent gameplay and storyline.

7. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Sounds like Digimon World 4

Digimon beats Pokemon hands down.

Pokemon games are redundant but they are okay. I rather play Digimon Rumble Arena 2 with a friend. It's 4 players and you battle using rookie type digimon. They evolve with certain items. There's Rookie/Champion/Mega. So Patamon/Angemon/MagnaAngemon. Megas can do special moves. MagnaAngemon can use Gate of Destiny which is an instant kill. (I forgot the other one).

Digimon World 4 was okay. Your Digimon are narrowed down to Agumon, Guiomon, Veemon, Dorumon. They wield weapons such as axes, katanas, hammers, guns, etc. They level up past 100, use MP attacks such as fire, mega fire, heal, power up, attack up etc. The digivolving is terrible. You must earn it but completing difficult task on Normal, Hard, or Very Hard. To do this, you must complete the entire story on Easy, then Normal is unlock, complete Normal story which is the same story but harder, and so on. But was a nice idea. You can equip items and such.

Digimon World DS not as fun as I thought. It was sorta like pokemon. You could raise digimon on a farm, level them up and digivolve them or de-digivolve them to something else. The battle system didn't display your digimon. It was kinda a mixture of Final Fantasy who goes next and pokemon as in moves. Whenever you encountered a digimon, you gathered data on it. By collecting at least 100% of a certain digimon. You can convert its data into a digimon of your very own and name it.

If Bandai could just improve the games, I would be hooked.

8. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

Well, I'm the only one on this end of the boat so I'll state my opinion on all of this. I personally watched both series when I was younger and I must say that Pokémon is better than Digimon.

Digimon was all right; All right being the term to remember. The first season was the best, second was pretty decent, third was when it started going down hill and the fourth season was a complete turn off for me. The idea to transform into your Digimon was ridiculous in my opinion and it ruined the vibe of "Oh, I'd love to be in the Digimon world !" It felt rather cheesy. Not to mention the video games were, at best, mediocre and the theme song lacked all luster on earth. I can recall the words to it, but it felt too slow paced at times. Now, the first season and the first movie were the only parts of the Digimon franchise that I truly enjoyed; After that my fandom was erased slowly but steadily.

Pokémon, on the other hand, was a lot better. I can't even name one of the older Pokémon movies that I dislike because there was something about Ash that always kept me watching. Now, the first two seasons were the best and afterwards some of the Pokémon were a little strange, but it never got to the point where I couldn't watch it anymore. I can even pick up later seasons and still watch them simply because my favourite Pokémon, Pikachu, is still present. Pokémon video games are also pretty cool (I still enjoy playing some of them for the original Nintendo 64) and I enjoy the concept of collecting Pokémon to ultimately face the Final 4 | Elite Group. On top of it all, the original Pokémon theme song is to die for.

"I want to be the very best.
    Like no one every was ~~
    "

For all the above reasons, I think Pokémon is better than Digimon.

9. Tsukiyo

Tsukiyo New Member

when i was younger i was always into pokemon, and i started to get into digimon but never really did. i only know there is like a orange dinosaur

10. NightShadow

NightShadow New Member

Digimon. Pokemon always seemed kinda, er, I dunno, I just could never get into it. I love digital stuff so Digimon for me. :p