• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Is the Remakes Good?

Discussion in 'General Final Fantasy' started by EtherealSummoner, Jun 27, 2012.

What Do You Think of the Remakes?

1. They are very nice. Good to replay them.

8 vote(s)
    100.0%
  2. Meh. Enix need to work on other projects.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Right now, Square Enix has been working on remakes lately ever since they start bringing back Final Fantasy I and II on the Game Boy. Final Fantasy I, II, III and IV has been seeing their remakes a lot lately and Final Fantasy X will have an HD version and there will be another Final Fantasy III remake too. Do you think that the remakes are great or do you believe that they should be working on their other games?

Attached Files:

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Uh, both?

I think for the classic games, it is a good thing. It gives a new generation of gamers a chance to be introduced to some great games.

For games like FFX, for instance, I think it is too soon for remakes and S-E is just getting greedy. I'd prefer if they moved on to new games in that instance.

3. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

Ff X for PSP does look enticing though. My favourite FF, now made portable.

4. EtherealSummoner

They sound good... but I wonder if they will still retain what they had and at least exceed a little bit of their original version. A good way to introduce the older genres but as long as they do not make remakes of Final Fantasy VII, I am all for them. They have been making a little bit too many remade version of Final Fantasy III though. As for Square Enix being greedy... meh. They might want some more money so that they can carry out their projects maybe.

5. Reprise

Reprise Semi-present

FF VII does not need a remake. It's good enough on its own. Not to mention Advent Children, which was made into an anime, and the love that VII gets in Kingdom Hearts. Hopefully, they'll focus on something important instead.
    FF I needs a remake. There are so many people who won't play it because of the graphics, so this could be a great idea.

6. EtherealSummoner

-_- The problem is that graphics does not make a game good sometimes. Look at Crash Bandicoot and Spyro nowadays. It is just... bleh. Dissidia did real well in introducing us to characters from the older genres that we never knew. That is how I came to love Terra... and how I wish I have Final Fantasy VI now...

7. dualblade

dualblade Break!

Since you just brought up VI BMW, along with X being metioned at the top, let's look at it this way:

FF VI: Came out in 1994 on the SNES. A PS version came out in 1999 (2002 some places), on the GBA in 2006/2007, and 2011 on the Wii/PSN

FFX: Came out in 2001/2002, and the HD version (which may or may not have added content, and would hopfully have everything added in the International version) does not have a release date yet.

Looking at it this way, it isn't surprising to see them doing this now. Not only that, they havn't made a version of FF VII with new features yet, despite the fact that it would probably sell alot of copies/downloads. Even if you think it's overrated, it would still sell very well.

8. OMGItzHaddaway

OMGItzHaddaway New Member

Well...technically they are. SE is making a PC port of Final Fantasy VII featuring cloud saves, cheats, and achievements. Other than that, well, it's the exact same game with no noticeable enhancements. However, knowing that FF X is getting an HD remaster, I wouldn't be surprised that they're working on a reboot of FF VII and that this PC port is to give fans something to do.

I played a little bit of FF VII and let me tell you, even with my love of older games, I just couldn't make myself finish it. The controls were awkward, Cloud was kind of bland, and the story wasn't as engaging as I was constantly told it was. I would GLADLY pay for a newer version of FF VII, with all those fancy graphics, better controls, and generally everything better; and so would A LOT of other people. But let's face it, SE isn't going to be releasing it soon, (if they're currently working on it), and if they do, well, hell, more power to 'em.

9. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I'm sorry Summoner but you really have to work on your grammar....):

Anyway, I want to say that HELL YES I love remakes and I cannot wait to play Final Fantasy X on my Vita! It might actually teach the current developers of Final Fantasy on how to create an epic game rather than a linear adventure with very little customization.

10. OMGItzHaddaway

OMGItzHaddaway New Member

That's probably a little bit more of wishful thinking than anything else...

11. EtherealSummoner

Meh. I felt like talking very informal lately. XD Don't get mad but funny and nice to know that it bothers you. Seems like I am doing my job hahaha. If you REALLY want me to go back formal, I suppose I can do that for you and stop being lazy. :rolleyes:

But back to the subject, the remakes may end up giving them new ideas for them to use later on in new games. For Sorceress Edea, they had a design of her that they used in Final Fantasy... III or IV I believe and then they came back and gave her the gold jewelry in Final Fantasy VIII that was used on a monster in older games. They also took the battle system that was first created in Final Fantasy X-2 and they made it more popular in the current games. They just need some new ideas and some motivation.

12. angelwings

angelwings New Member

Yeah ? Though I've only played the Final Fantasy IV remake or re-boot on the DS and it was amazing in every single way.

The graphics had a very cute style that tried to still give it a mix of old video games style and something updated and new, it improved the characters and gave them more depth and more reasons to like them like the Spoony Bard Edward felt more likeable in the DS version than in the PlayStation version and most likely the original on the SNES.

It had great music and fun mini-games to add as well. It's brilliant.

13. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

The only remakes that I've played for Final Fantasy are III and IV. (FF V was originally released on Gameboy Advance, right ? Since that's the version I have.)

I liked both of the games a lot; The graphics were nice, but I enjoyed FF IV more than III (Sorry all of you FF III lovers in this world.) They were handheld games as well, which is nice when you're stuck on a long trip with nothing to do. The voiceovers for IV were great too, but Rydia's voice got on my nerves at times, however, that's not the end of the world. Overall, I enjoyed the remakes.

I'd like to buy the newer (it's not extremely new) PSP version of FF IV. I think I've stated multiple times that FF IV is my favourite because I love the story and the characters in it, however, we'll see what my wallet has to say about that :rolleyes: