• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Legend of Zelda Wii U

Discussion in 'General Gaming' started by Nova, Jun 12, 2014.

1. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

Any Zelda fans here? Please tell me I'm not the only one.... :0

If so, you've probably already seen the trailer from E3 2014 concerning the newest announced title game in the series. If not, I'll go ahead and post it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XZmxvig1dXE

I figured I'd open discussion about what we just witnessed with my fellow nintendo fans here on KHP. What are your thoughts on this?

Personally, I have high hopes for this game. I feel like the series has only been improving lately, and I love a lot of the installments to the Wii titles. A lot of the small ones amused me greatly (like being able to swing my sword while running in Twilight Princess xD).

There are three things about this trailer that really capture my attention. The first thing, obviously, is the idea of an open world. Nintendo has really impressed me in the past with their beautiful Hyrule maps laced with peaceful areas and powerful enemies. But it's always felt slightly linear even in it's more open games (Wind Waker\Skyward Sword). It will be epic to see just how they translate Hyrule(if that's the map they chose) as a larger and more free area.

The next thing is the graphics. Sure, they probably won't be this pretty during actual gameplay but I still think they are smexy. Going off of this one, and the demo released in E3 2012 -to show off what the Wii U is capable of regarding the series- it should be pretty darn fantastic. The world looks awesome and seems to have a nice balance between the Twilight Princess and Skyward Sword animations.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u_fyOkrteqM

Lastly.....

[​IMG]

Who is this? "Links" look for Zelda Wii U seems pretty standard so far (though assumed before he dawns the green tunic and flowy hat we know and love). He is shown in this trailer wearing a tunic similar to the one he wears in the beginning of Wind Waker and has a pony tail in his hair.
    Apparently, though, when producer Aonuma was questioned about Link's look. The interviewer was answered with a smile, and teased that “No one explicitly said that that was Link.”

Though, to counter, no one really said that it WASN'T Link either. The character certainly does look a lot like Link but the tease is still intriguing. Is it possible that Nintendo would break tradition and release a Legend of Zelda game not featuring Link as the star character? Seems far fetched but they are breaking a lot of traditions with the franchise lately for example making Zelda Wii U and open world, and allowing a free order to visit temples in Link Between Worlds for the 3DS.

They certainly made a big deal about the character, if you look back at the trailer. The music basically stops when the bow wielding hero's face is revealed. On the other hand, though, maybe it is Link and Aonuma is just pulling our legs. :p Or possibly, Link isn't the only playable character though he is still featured?

A kind of honorable mention I'd like to throw in there is the enemy and weapon we see here. Though lasers aren't really a new thing to the Zelda series, they aren't used quite to this scale and Link has never used them. Maybe it's just me but I see kind of a more futuristic vibe here.

Anyway let the speculations begin fellow Nintendo fans.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

It is Link's long lost cousin! Problem solved!

But jokes aside, I am a fond of this:
    [youtube="8htN2HTnNPY"][/youtube]

Last edited: Jun 12, 2014
  3. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

I'm so very excited for this <3

In fact, to celebrate, I'm planning to announce my personal Zelda rp! Of course, I have some finishing touches to apply to the plot before I reveal it. Keep your eyes open!

Also, I'll be so happy if Ganondorf and/or Tetra are playable in this :3

4. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

I'm uber excited for this game, and the Wii U needs the help. I've only seen one trailer and it's very impressive so far. I was actually wondering if that was Link myself. it has to be right?

5. EtherealSummoner

Meh. I believe Ganandorf is the main villain and will not be playable. Also:

[youtube="Mz5_bbFZ2S0"][/youtube]

6. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Summoner, you've been talking about the wrong game. Hope was talking about the new main LoZ title.

7. EtherealSummoner

Whoops, lol. I kept on getting both of them mixed up. Complete fail.

8. Taboo Sho

Taboo Sho The Math Emperor Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

Hyrule Warriors looks interesting as well. It's been quite a long time since Nintendo has worked on two Zelda projects simultaneously.

9. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

>>If You Want To Play A Female Character In The Legend of Zelda, Let Nintendo Know<<
    Like Kojima, but you actually listen to your fans instead of trolling them. Generously played, Aonuma.

With that said, Link could be a female character. Gender swaps all around. Zelda could be a dude and then we could all say...
    ... without the risk of sounding stupid or rather trolli and with legitimacy.

Last edited: Jun 13, 2014
  10. Xiaimine

Xiaimine New Member

My fiancee has always loved the Zelda series and is slowly trying to get me into it and although he seem dissapointed in what has been revealed so far (saying it reminds him of Wind Waker, which he hated), I think this games looks amazing.

Also yes, I actually got really excited over the Hyrule Warriors trailer. I bought a Dynasty Warriors game today (first one I'm playing out of the series), and I can just imagine how much better Hyrule Warriors would be.

11. x3pic

x3pic I'll Kill You.

I can almost promise that Link isn't a girl.
    But I can also promise, it could be a girl
    But link has never really been, the manliest looking guy out there. He tends to be a pretty boy with an a lot of bad ass weapons, with a bit of innocence in his eyes. that " wtf is going on" look, "why do I have do to this sh%t" look.
    I'm also thinking it could be zelda, I mean sheik wore blue haha.
    But an incarnation of Link as a girl would be kind of rad
    A girl Link, saving boy zelda. DATGAMETWIST, but I doubt it. :p

As for the game, it looks amazing. It's not quite open world, but it has been confirmed that this World will be really VAST, with a lot to do besides the main missions.
    The trailer for it was also actual gameplay on the Wii U, which makes me really excited.

I'm guessing this is going to fall as the Direct Sequel to Ocarina of Time/Majora's Mask and a prequel to Twilight Princess. (Navi/Fairy is following him). If anyone knows the Zelda Timeline then you understand. It's really not that hard.

Next, We may see our first Multiplayer Zelda game on a console. Which if done right will be really hype!

Last edited: Jul 7, 2014