• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

What time do you go to bed at night and wake up in the morning?

Discussion in 'General' started by Kitty, Oct 6, 2014.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

What time do you usually go to bed each night? What time do you wake up in the morning? Are you a morning person or a night owl?

As for me, I usually go to sleep around 11:30 pm and I usually wake up around 8:30 am. On days when I have to open at work, I'm up at 5:25 am, but I don't usually manage to get to sleep any earlier, although I always tell myself I'm gonna. :rolleyes: On weekends when I have nothing to do, I sometimes stay up until closer to 1 am and can sleep in until 10 am if left alone, but that doesn't always happen. I am most definitely not a morning person. Dragging myself out of bed, particularly when it's still dark out, is excruciating. I'll sleep in until the last possible second.

2. Mike

Mike Member

It's 3:30am and I just got out of bed to look at some forums I haven't been to in ages... I'd say that makes me a night owl!

I'll sweeten the deal - I'd like to know, not only if you're a morning person or a night owl, but which you think is better, and if you'd prefer to swap to the other archetype.

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I view morning people as having something wrong with them (Not really), so I guess that shows where I fall.

That being said, I have been having to wake up early for morning Physics and morning Molecular Modeling classes. So yeah...

Nova likes this.
  4. Kitty

I think it'd make my life easier to swap. My job involves being up and ready to go way too early for my liking, and if I were a morning person, I'd probably get a lot more done in the AM and be a lot happier about it.

As it is, being up before the sunrise, ugh.

5. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

I can't ever go to bed any earlier than 12 a.m., with my usual being between 2-4. Even when I try to sleep, I usually have a 110 different thoughts going through my mind so it's a bit difficult. That said, I'm definitely no morning person, haha. Sometimes I just fall right back to sleep and wake up an hour or so later. Would love to be an early riser though, start my day off early and productive. But at the same time, the life of a night owl is so much fun :D

6. Mike

Mike Member

Yeah I have to work really hard to get to bed at a decent hour as well haha. I've started doing things like keeping a digital log/journal in notepad to keep my mind from wandering (I've found that it helps put my mind at ease to write stuff down).

When I'm not falling victim to the daily grind (school, work etc) I enjoy being up late because any games I might play online tend to have older people on. Otherwise however, I find it depressing when I try to go out and get a bite to eat, only to find that everything is closed.

Definitely not a morning person...but I guess all in all, it's something I do wish I could change!

Kitty likes this.
  7. Kitty

I wonder if this has to do with our ages. All of us posting in this thread are on the youngish side, considering. In ten or twenty years, I wonder if our sleep habits would still point to us as night owls, or if we'll switch naturally to morning people over time. It seems to me older people tend to both go to bed and wake up earlier.

8. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

Let's see, this past semester I had 8:30 AM courses every morning, so I usually went to bed at 11:30 PM and woke up at 7 AM.

Now that I have a month off before I start research in my Professors lab, I've been going to bed fairly late and waking up at 11:30 AM. Currently it's 4:51 AM, so as you can see I avoid going to bed early if I have the choice. I'm definitely not a morning person, but unfortunately I'll be up early all next year as well, due to my honours research project :|

9. Become

Become Resident Tashian Staff Member Moderator Content Writer

My goal is usually to go to bed around 1AM and wake by 6AM or 7AM. But that's just a goal.

I've found that when I'm on a schedule for the day, my body pretty much forces me to wake up, regardless of what time I went to sleep or how many hours I've gotten. Otherwise, I could go to sleep at 9PM and wake up at 10 the next morning.

10. fishy smells

fishy smells Member

I typically go to sleep between 9 to 10:30 and wake up between 6:30 and 8. On a few occasions I sleep until 10 though. (I'm not much of a night owl...)

11. me4lingual

me4lingual Active Member

I am a morning person, and always have been. I would have to wake up super early in order to be ready for the school bus, because I lived so far away from the school. And it was put into my mind at a young age that the sooner you get work done, the sooner you get to play. So when I started working as an adult, I learned when I could begin my tasks, and that's why I'd arrive at the office at 4am. I'd be finished with my work at 10am, and would have pretty much the whole waking day to do whatever.

However, as some people know, I like sleeping. I even leave conversations or online games unexpectedly if I am tired. And if people try to keep me up when I'm sleepy, well, I may not like you very much for it.

Typically, I am awake at 6am, and go to sleep at 11pm. But things like rain can postpone that, because I can't sleep if it's raining.

12. NeRo

NeRo Your Supreme Lord And Savior Staff Member Administrator

Usually for me it's about 12-1 otherwise i can't sleep. But i often wake up at 8-9 am everyday. i hate sleeping past 9. sleeping in feels like a waste of a day.

13. Ovum

Ovum ʕ•ᴥ•ʔ

I go to bed in the morning and wake up at night.

Kitty and Become like this.
  14. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

Bed by midnight up by 8 or 9am. I used to stay up way later but it made me feel bad so had to change that shit. lol

15. Nova

Nova A Ghost Staff Member Administrator

I'm definitely a night person. Mornings are the worst though I'm usually up by 6 unless it's a weekend then it's like 8. I'm not ashamed to say I'd be willing to sleep later though xD

I try to be in bed by 11 but it rarely works out that way.

16. Derek

Derek Well-Known Member

It takes a while to change a bed time so 11 is understandable. xD