• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Harry Potter Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Flare, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flare

Flare New Member

surprised we don't have a thread on this.

anyways, It's the latest movie in the harry potter series and i must say it looks promising. I've seen a few trailers. Personally, I hated The Goblet of fire... alot. So i hope this one makes up for it.

Discuss.

EDIT: we can now discuss all the harry potter books.

Last edited: Aug 12, 2007
  2. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

i want to see the movie im just finishing the book and i also cant wait for the 7th book

3. Flare

Flare New Member

The seventh book is gonna be pwnage.

back on topic: I really hate the actor for umbridge. She doesn't look like a toad at all.

4. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

I want this movie to failure miserably. See, I love Transformers and no matter how mixed my emotions are about it, I want it to make tons of money. So there are tons of sequels and new animated series. Transformers> Harry Potter in my mind.

About OOTP. I hated the book. It had so much angst. Worse than the most angst-ridden Marvel comic of all time. Harry actually cried. Don't get me wrong. I can take dark stuff. I read Conan and Lovecraft. Part of this is because Rowling isn't a genius at writting, despite fandom claims. Many literature lovers hate her writing style. I myself find it very easy to read. Then again I read all the time for fun.

5. Flare

Flare New Member

Well I personally enjoyed the fifth book and I think Rowling in a superb writer.

6. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

she is a good writer i agree me and me friend sam though for the movies though think daniel radcliff could do better acting

7. Flare

Flare New Member

Daniel is getting too old for this.

The new Dumbledore, He portrays none of the calmness Dumbledore portrays.

8. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

thats what i thought but daniel is the same age as harry in this book isnt he ?
    i thought he was either way they could have picked a better actor

9. Flare

Flare New Member

^ Well i don't think so. He is older, in my opinion.

btw, did you know Ema (hemione) is leaving after making order of phoenix?

10. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

are you serious her replacment will never match up because emma was in the series to long

11. Flare

Flare New Member

nope I'm not kidding. It was posted on another forum I go to.

I think it's horrible, I couldn't bare the new actor for hermione.

12. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

wow thats not good because halfblood price has been my favorite so far

13. Flare

Flare New Member

anybody seen the movie yet.

It's earned about a couple of million dollars in one night.

wow

thats bound to be good.

14. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

i havent seen it but my friends that are huge harry potter fans said it was really good but defanatly darker than anyother movie

15. Flare

Flare New Member

It's bound to be.

I've seen the trailers. They look so dark and dramatic.

16. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

all the better thats how they sell the movie

17. Flare

Flare New Member

anyways, I expect to see it soon. looks very cool.

18. zSoraz

zSoraz New Member

I saw this movie July 10th at 11:59. One of the best experiences of my entire life. The special effects were unlike any other movie I've ever seen and the actors were right for each part. Plus everyone in the room was there for the same reason... to be one of the first people to see their favorite series. There were so many people dressed up in their Harry Potter costumes and had their fake wands in hand, it was like some convention taking place at a theater.

Other than the special effects and acting, what I liked about the movie were things like, The Room of Requirement, Luna Lovegood's sanity, and final climax scene.

What I dislike about the movie, is Dudley and his gang dressed up like total posers talking in their accent. It was like an oxymoron speaking. Plus they left out about 1/6-1/5 of the book which kind of saddens me, but at least it was just unimportant stuff. I also found the actress of Umbridge to be too sweet and smiled all the time. I don't ever remember Umbridge being the kind to smile.

I loved the atmosphere in the room tho. Everyone laughed when ever a joke was made and everyone just suddenly clapped at one single part when Umbridge, Harry, and Hermione are in the Forbidden Forest and Harry says, "I must not tell lies."

This movie did not disappoint and I hope to see it once more in theaters.

As for people talking about Emma Watson, this is what was said on a news site...
    Despite reports saying Watson refused to sign a contract to appear in the final two Potter installments, her commitment to the final two films was confirmed in late March 2007 by Warner Brothers. At the time she said "I could never let Hermione go--she is my hero! I love her too much and love what playing her has meant to me. I am excited and honoured to be finishing what I started and playing her in all seven of the films."

Thank god she will reprise the role. :)

19. Flare

Flare New Member

yay for you.

i agree, umbridge's actor wasn't proper for her.

20. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

i watched g4's presentation the day harry potter came out
    i immidiatly did not like umbridge but now all we can do is sit here and complain so ill stop
    its good you (zsoraz) herd that emma is comming back but when two different things you cant really tell which is true

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.