• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Harry Potter Movie Discussion

Discussion in 'Movies and Television' started by Flare, Jul 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Flare

Flare New Member

I really want to see the movie. But I'll have to wait for a while.

2. SheShe

SheShe New Member

I saw the movie yesterday, it was frekken awesome!!! I watch the movie before i read the books.

3. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

hey XIII your not alone my mom does not like harry potter so i end up seeing it a year or two after it comes out on dvd lets just say ive learned patience

4. Flare

Flare New Member

^ lol.

my mom really doesn't care about harry potter.

5. Juste Belmont

Juste Belmont New Member

i didn't like the movie, i liked the past ones, and i liked hermiones, luna lovegood and umbridges freaky outbursts, but apart from that, i didn't like it.

6. Flare

Flare New Member

^ The past movies were better compared to the latest ones. probably because the books were shorter.

7. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

the book being longer does affect it because they have to take out so much. it makes me feel ssorta amazed that they have been able to take soo much out of the book and not confuse people who havent read it before.(losers)

8. Flare

Flare New Member

^ It's not confusing to people who haven't read it before because they don't know what really happens in the book. But if they see the movie and than read the book, that might be a problem.

9. sam_samantha

sam_samantha Guest

that makes sense i thought it would be the other way around cuz the people who read the book wouldnt be confused theyd just be mad that parts of the movie were left out

10. zSoraz

zSoraz New Member

I read the book. I am sort of disappointed they left out alot. I think they left out a part where Petunia recieved one of those Howlers, but ya have to remember they have to take stuff out if they are to keep under the time limit. I admit tho, they could've left in 30 more minutes and be like Lord of the Rings and have a really long movie.

In other news... David Yates (the director for this movie) will be returning to direct the 6th film.

11. Flare

Flare New Member

^ It was decent enough so the director should make the next movie. (better than the third and fourth one.)

12. Duelist Dx

Duelist Dx New Member

The director will in fact make Harry Potter 6, The Half Blood Prince. So we can expect a wonderfull movie :eek:

13. Flare

Flare New Member

^ Just hope they don't cut any of Dumbledore's lesson. The most interesting part in the whole book.

btw, I'm going to change the title name so we can talk about all the HP movies.

14. Axel

Axel New Member

The 5th one was amazing! :O my sister fell asleep and missed like the whole moive XD

15. Leon

Leon New Member

^^Lol I agree that film was better then the rest along with the chamber of the secrets and Sorcerers stone one as well...

16. Mickdoodle

Mickdoodle New Member

doesn't the 7th book rock???? I finished it in like 21 hours!!!! and sleeped the 3 hours i wasn't reading... i went to the showing of harry potter OOP!!! i have seen it twice... i personally liked the movie... my brother was mad that they cut out so much stuff... but it is the longest book... so they couldn't put in every tiny detail... (sorry this is such a long reply)

17. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I haven't seen OotP yet, but the rest were so disappointing to me that I don't really want to spend the money on it. The movies pale in comparison to the books.

18. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

The first two were decent. The fourth was pretty good. The third and fifth movies were complete garbage. They butchered the story so badly. Prisoner of Azkaban didn't even touch on how Sirius got out. Or the Marauder's Map. Pretty much all important information at the end of this book was left out of the movie.

Order of the phoenix did a good job with the DA meetings, and Luna and Umbridge were both amazing. But the rest of the movie was so bad and they left out several bits of info that they are going to regret leaving out.

19. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

All of them leave out way too much. After the 3rd and the disaster of leaving out all of the Marauder business, I lost complete faith in the movies.

20. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

I didnt see it yet, But im hoping soon I will.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.