• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

A theory

Discussion in 'Kingdom Hearts 3D: Dream Drop Distance' started by OrgXVI, Mar 7, 2011.

1. OrgXVI

OrgXVI New Member

If Kingdom Hearts 3D involves the Mark of Mastery exam, then Kairi will be playable.

Think about it.

Ven didn't take the Mark of Mastery exam and he was still playable. Kairi won't be taking the exam, but if KH3D and BBS are related in any way, shape, or form, then Kairi will be playable.

2. ADogX

ADogX R.I.P. Captain Unohana

a good theory, but impossible. Nomura stated Sora and Riku are the only playable characters. Kairi's Keyblade was temporary

3. Plasmos

Plasmos Plasmos

I don't think Kairi will be playble.

Mark of Mastery - Kingdom Hearts Wiki - A world of information not accessible by Gummiship

Kingdom Hearts Re:coded

Shortly after sending the letter to Sora, Mickey travels to the Mysterious Tower to update Yen Sid on Ventus's location. Here they speak of how Xehanort has returned due to the destruction of both Ansem and Xemnas, and not just a "single one" of him. At the end of their conversation, Yen Sid orders Mickey to bring Sora and Riku to him to undertake the Mark of Mastery exam.

Also Nomura would have confirmed already whether or not she would be playable.

So your theory is inaccurate.

Last edited: Mar 7, 2011
  4. Remedy

Remedy Remnant

I wish, but sorry not happening

5. OrgXVI

OrgXVI New Member

I said it was possible, not that it was likely.

In fact, I'm starting to doubt it.

And even if she is playable, who says she'll use the keyblade?

6. She already had the Keyblade ceremony thing when Aqua touched her hand, and she's a princess of light so I doubt that we will be playing as her anytime, though I heard rumors that Aqua and Lingering will may be playable...

7. Abstract

Abstract New Member

The Mark of Mastery Exam are only for keyblade users. I know that Kairi had a keyblade at the end of Kingdom Hearts II but I don't think she is a legitimate keyblade user at the moment. So i don't think your theory works this time.

8. Agreed, her only role is as a Princess of Heart and Nomura will keep it that way!

9. Abstract

Abstract New Member

I wouldn't say that now, Kairi will have another significance soon. She can't be totally useless, the PoH's were pretty much thrown away after the first game. She won't be playable, but I have a weird feeling Kairi is an important key to Kingdom Hearts 3

10. Well she's appeared in every KH game at least once, so I'm sure she'll make herself known.

11. OrgXVI

OrgXVI New Member

Sure it's not gonna happen, but it's somewhat reasonable... I think... wait, what was I talking about again?

12. SacredRiku

SacredRiku New Member

Yeah but Ventus is a very important character and he doesn't feature in any other game, so its kinda essential that we do know more about him. Kairi has no reason to be in the Mark of Mastery exam. Although it's possible she'll make an appearance, I just doubt it.

If she does make an appearance, it's probably like a data type replica or however this exam happens. But not the actual Kairi.

13. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

As of now, the only Keyblade Masters are Mickey, Aqua and the retired Yen Sid. The ones who are capable of wielding the keyblade but are not keyblade masters are Sora, Riku, Ventus and Kairi. Ventus did not take the tests because he was too young. Kairi will not be playable in 3D but she may be in the last Kingdom Hearts game. To me, Yen Sid chose Sora and riku because they are the ones who had more affiliations with the outside world. I wouldn't mind if he did not choose Kairi at all. Kairi accidently triggered the ceremony, enabling her to use a keyblade and become a keyblader, and she is a princess of heart. Why put her in more danger?

For 3D, it is a no. For the Kingdom Hearts game taht comes after that, a possibility. She is Aqua's "successor" after all.

14. Angel

Angel Lion Heart Staff Member Administrator

Theories how I miss thee.
    Yup.

Some would question Kairi as a keyblade wielder. Since Riku summoned Destiny's Embrace for Kairi to use.

Doubt it but okay.

Or because Kairi can't wield.

What ceremony?

Well she has been captured in the main games so far. Might as well throw her in somemore.

Aqua didn't perform a ceremony or transfer of power with Kairi.
    "In your hand, take this key. So long as you have the makings, then through this simple act of taking... Its wielder you shall one day be. And you will find me, friend- no ocean will contain you then. No more borders around, or below, or above, so long as you champion the ones you love."