• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Best Kingdom Hearts Game Debate

Discussion in 'General' started by Desert Warrior, Aug 15, 2014.

1. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Here's a fun little debate. Debate about which Kingdom Hearts game you think is the best out of all of them. And I suppose argue against those who don't agree with you or something.

2. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Keeping in mind that I've only played KH, COM, and KHII, I would say that the best game is the original Kingdom Hearts. The gameplay was very easy for me to get the hang of, as someone who hadn't played games in a long time before I first picked KH I up. I loved the way the Disney worlds and characters were incorporated into the game, I thought the FF characters (who I'd never heard of at the time), and the original characters were interesting, and the story was charming, attention-grabbing, and had a simplicity to it, while still having some mystery. The game isn't perfect (notably, I remember shrieking at the camera for being obnoxiously in my way), but I really enjoyed the experience.

Chain of Memories, I felt had a good story, but as I've mentioned in other threads, I hated the gameplay to the point that I couldn't make myself stick with the game. It just wasn't for me.

And KH II, *sigh*. It fixed some of the problems that KH had, like the camera, and I didn't mind the gameplay changes. But I felt like the story started to get convoluted, and the Disney worlds didn't feel as relevant as they did in the prior game. I can't say that it's a bad game, but I prefer the original KH by far.