• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Bravely Default

Discussion in 'Square-Enix Games' started by Kitty, Aug 18, 2014.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

Has anyone heard of/played this game yet? From what I've heard, it's very much a throwback to the classic FFs, and is the game for people who weren't fans of the direction Final Fantasy has taken starting with FFXIII. I'd be interested in hearing what people think of it.

2. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I have it and it is fun, though I stopped playing it about half way through.

It has a Job system similar to FF Tactics. There are 24 different jobs available, mixing between some standard jobs (Red Mage, White Mage, Ninja, etc.) and some new jobs (Salve-Maker being a somewhat new job, along with some others).

Aspects of the game are interesting, to say the least. From a story perspective, once you get to chapter 5 it gets extremely repetitive. And it stays that way until the last chapter or the chapter before the last.

From a gameplay perspective, it plays like a standard FF (Pre ATB gauge) with some differences. The Brave/Default system certainly adds a layer of strategy. You can Brave to do up to 4 attacks in a single turn, with the drawback of having to be stuck unable to do anything until you recover BP (Brave Points). Or you can Default and defend for that turn and gain an additional BP and then be able to Brave later without the drawback of recovering BP. There is also an autoplay button where the game will repeat whichever actions you did and simply play the battle for you.

And as a bit of a final statement, some aspects of the game may be considered gamebreakers. At one point in the game I was able to set up my attacks a certain way, press autoplay, and leave a single fight going on for 8 hours and made approximately 600,000 GP (I think that is what the game's currency is called. I forget).

3. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

I played and beaten the game ^_^ it really is a great game and good story!

4. me4lingual

me4lingual Active Member

I'm currently going through the game. I have spent more time rebuilding Norende than actually playing though. Each day I get some more workers, and then set each person to their daily task. I think I have each shop at Level 8 now. It's easy, because I can just leave them to it, and by the end of the day, everything is done and I get a lot of presents.

As for the story, I agree with the above statements. The story, from what I have played of it, is really nice. I am still pretty early in the game. But eventually I will max out everything town-wise, and will work on the story some more.

5. Kodakliv

Kodakliv Member

I'm kind of nervous for Braveky default 2 though I hope the old cast will be playable.