• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Character Tournaments!

Discussion in 'General' started by Moogle, Jul 29, 2009.

First Topic?

1. Best Video Game Hero

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. Best Video Game Villian (Say Sephiroth and I will KILL you.)

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  3. Weirdest Video Game Character

2 vote(s)
    28.6%
  4. Most Sinister Villian

3 vote(s)
    42.9%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

Okay, so I finally remembered to invoke my past ideas for EK (It's another forum, don't ask).

So, this is how a character tourney works. 8-32 characters are picked for a certain category. . . Say, best hero. For my example, I'll just be using 4 characters. So the example category will be 'best hero'. Of course, that's a bit broad, so the actual topics will be a bit narrower. It would start a little like this -

Now, as much as everybody knows about games and whatnot, it is proper to put the origin of the character. So, 4's post would be an okay example of what should be. Next, I set up the brackets randomly. I do this by writing characters names, throwing them in a hat, then drawing 2 at a time. People should know what bracket formation is like (I don't have an example, but if you look at our Arcade tournaments, they are laid out the same). Then, People post the cases for the first two - and by cases, I mean accomplishments and what have you.

Same idea as above, but a bit more elaborate. I just don't feel like writing any more than that at the moment. So then, a poll would be set up and people would vote on the current two characters. After a set time period, say, a week, the polls would close, and the winning character moves on to the next round. In the event of a tie, the vote will be recast. The round continues until all the characters have been voted on and passed to the next round or dropped out. Alike so -

Rinse, lather, repeat until a victor has been chosen, and then a banner or something will be erected in their honor! Or, there can be a 'Hall of Champions" thread where the winners are poste. (Or both!)

Feedback?

Last edited: Jul 30, 2009
  2. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

^^ I say Most Sinister Villian. XD Albedo from Xenosaga should be in this one. ??? IS this more like a game Moog?

3. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

No, not really. I wouldn't consider it a game.

4. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I like the notion. But what would the first tournament be? (I'm guessing the poll decides, but better safe than sorry). Oh, and looking at your poll, if it is best villian or whatever, I wouldn't say Sephiroth. There are way better villians.

5. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

I know, but there will ALWAYS be some damned n00bie that goes, "LIKE ZOMG SEPHYIS TEH BESTST!"

It pays to be prepared. And, over time, the number of topics will evolve. But, for now, these are the 4 I came up with.

6. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

So, is that all? No more feedback? I put 'feedback' in a large font with bright letters too. . . .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.