• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Damn Earthquake

Discussion in 'General' started by King of Darkness, Aug 23, 2011.

1. King of Darkness

King of Darkness What up Monica

Ok, so I live in Maryland and won't I be damned that we just got an earthquake. Now I've lived here for all 16 years of my life and have never felt one before now. I just want to know if anyone who lives in Virginia, D.C., New York, whom all felt a 5.8 earthquake, or Maryland and how they feel about all of this. I'm hearing reports that it's becaus of Hurricane Irene which is currently coming up the coast.

2. Kaz

Kaz New Member

My girlfriend felt it, it just scared the crap out of her. She's alright which is all that matters.

3. TheKnightofAwesome

TheKnightofAwesome /人◕ ‿‿ ◕人\

I just heard a report on it less than 20 minuets ago, thank god no one was hurt. But, I'm a little puzzled on how a hurricane could cause an earthquake. It just seems weird to me.

4. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

I felt it. It had about the same force of a truck driving by my house, but the motion was way different.

5. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

I'm worried about the Vancouver quake that is prolonged to happen...that's really going to be a big one...I'm faraway but I'll still feel it according to many reports

6. King of Darkness

Yeah that's what I thought too. I was sitting in my bed when it happened and thought heard the box in my room shaking and thought it was a some truck outside. I then realise it was dead quiet out so it couldn't be a truck so I stood up and felt the house still shaking. So, being the idiot that I am, ran around the house screaming, "Earthquake! Oh my God, it's an earthquake!" until it stopped. That's my story, lol.

7. Luke

Luke Member

I live in North Virginia. I was right on top of it. I was shaving.

I CUT MY CHIN

8. King of Darkness

Damn. How bad was it besides the cutting part?

9. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

I was so scared when it hit, I was in Baltimore watching Planet of the Apes while it happened, and I did not move an inch, I paid money to see that movie and I was not evacuating the movie!

10. Destiny

Destiny Guest

I felt it in PA, it wasn't really bad, at least I didn't think so until I saw a crack in our plaster ceiling.

11. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

I didn't feel anything. Although I have to ask, how powerful was it? Earthquakes seem to be a bit more frequent here than there, and the ones I've experienced weren't all that bad. I did manage to feel one that occurred in Mexico about a year back though.

Ouch. Although, that is kinda funny. How long until the bleeding stopped?

12. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

I heard ours was a 5.9 to 6 magnitude, and we're about to be hit by a hurricane this weekend, this is not a good time to be on the east coast smh

13. King of Darkness

It really hit Virginia the worst with a 5.9 magnitude. Everyone else wasn't as affected. It really just freaked me out because I've never been in one or felt one, though it really just felt like a huge truck driving down the hall.

14. Luke

Luke Member

No bleeding. just clipped a bit.

15. LDC1121

LDC1121 New Member

I felt the same way, like my seat in the movie theater started vibrating and at first I thought the person behind me was kicking my seat but when I turned around I saw that nobody was there I was confused, when the movie got cut off though is when I knew something was wrong.

16. Noir

Noir

I lived in Korea.. but I think I felt an earthquake long ago from our country. I did not feel it a bit, but some of my things have fallen down but I don't know if it is a ghost or not. It was an earthquake.. a weak one. It ended after 2 hours.

Well, what was bad during the time you had an earthquake in your places?

17. Destiny

Destiny Guest

Well Korea and California it's not strange to have an earthquake since there's so many plates on the Pacific ocean constantly shifting, however what's bad is the entire east coat of the US is one giant land plate, feel an earthquake at one spot you feel it everywhere.

I haven't felt any after shocks though so...

18. King of Darkness

Same here, but just about everyone I know is expecting an aftershock sooner or later.

19. Luke

Luke Member

Apparently this did some real damage to a college around here haha

20. Italia07

Italia07 Life being a handful ¬_¬

Oh man, I hope that all of you are doing ok so far, besides the quake shaking things up a little, just... be careful, and I do mean all of you.
    Can't offer much advice expect for the same thing they tell us in school. Stay away from the god damn windows if you want an eye poked out :/