• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Do you have trouble to sleep at night?

Discussion in 'General' started by Zero, Jul 11, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

I do. I can't sleep some reason. I hope I can very soon.

Also this is a thread, where you can help eachother.

2. ü

ü 30•05•2010

Are you an insomniac??

Try a hot cup of milk, don't drink caffeine with 5 hours of going to bed. Or you could get sleeping pills?

3. Rhodis=Jynx

Rhodis=Jynx New Member

I have trouble sleeping as well, it's cause any sorce of light or noise instantly kicks in my ADHD and I go crazy.....

4. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

Yeah, the same thing happens to me. I exploded when that happens. I can't sleep after that for a very long time.

Ether it is my cat or something else waking me up. Lol.

5. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

I just think about tomorrow that usually put me out.

6. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

what's happened in your life recently?
    Did you just have exams that made you shaken up?

7. Zero

Zero ♫♪♫Dear☺God♫♪♫

Wow, you must be very lucky. That is hard for me. =]

No. It is just I can't sleep at night. But some werid reason I can in the morning. I just don't get it.

8. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

Music also help. Not rock and roll, but sad and gentle songs.

9. ü

ü 30•05•2010

Maybe your turning noctornal. Or your sleeping patterns off. Try staying up like 2 nights in a row until your SUPER tired. then go to bed at 10. Set an alarm to wake yopu up about 10 am. Then you'll prob still be tired. Go to bed at ten again. Keep doing that until your sleeping pattern is back.

10. Kyuu

Kyuu your worst nightmare.

Well, sometimes I have some problems with sleeping, but... The restful music usually helps.

11. -[NAMiNE]

-[NAMiNE] New Member

If i cant sleep i usually like to have a little background noise. I hattee silence at night lol. :)
    try put music or a tv on softly or maybe read for a little?

12. Kyuu

Kyuu your worst nightmare.

Funny, only thing that I wanna hear it's good music when I try to sleep. I can't stand backround noises... x)
    But it's true that reading really helps... For me, it makes me tired at night. :)

13. I just sit there watching Futurama till i fall asleep XD.
    But in Guild Wars my guild leader is an insomniac. She gets around 8 hours PER WEEK so think yourselves lucky!!!

14. Kileandra

Kileandra New Member

Music can help indeed or listen to rain (when it does), but silly things like counting sometimes make me so dull I fall straight a-sleep. Other things that help me too is thinking while I'm in bed what it is that keeps me awake and analyse it, put it in perpective.
    Also other methodes for me help is dreaming up stories or scenes for a book I'm writing in my spare time, but you could transform it to a situation you might like to dream about :)

15. Mike

Mike Member

If an insomniac got 8 hours of sleep per week, then that wouldn't be 8 little one hour naps throughout the week....they have trouble getting to sleep but once they are, they have trouble waking up just like everyone else. And particularly an insomniac, they would stay asleep as long as possible to make the most of it if you will.

So that means the rest of the week, there's either no sleep, or very little...and there've been cases involving people playing World of Warcraft (for example) for 2 or 3 straight days and then dropping dead from exhaustion...so there couldn't be no sleep during that time.

So that leaves one alternative; medical intervention. They must be chugging down the Red Bulls like there's no tomorrow...which I don't imagine a self-proclaimed insomniac would do, as that would exacerbate the condition.

Sounds to me like someone's stretching the truth a bit...but I dunno. The only time I've ever heard someone survive on about 8 hours of sleep per week for an extended period is when they were getting a consistent hour or so each night: they weren't insomniacs, they were just horribly stressed during a school semester...and like I said, they were chugging down red bulls like there's no tomorrow.

As for remedies, exercise works wonders for insomnia, believe it or not. Unfortunately, it's a 'long term' cure, nothing instantaneous, unless of course you fatigue yourself like crazy, then sleep like a baby.

Often times (I don't mean to stereotype, but statistics show) that insomniacs are sedentary (ie. 'non-exercising') individuals. I've started to develop insomnia the past few months, so I started waking up to go jogging at 5:30am...not very long after the fact, no sign of insomnia.

Last edited: Jul 20, 2008
  16. Not really I go to sleep easily.

17. Agent007

Agent007 New Member

I have a wicked hard time sleeping. I'm always tired during the day but once 7 or 8 comes around, I end up staying up till 3 or 4 am. It sucks.

18. Terra

Terra (Previously RoxasXRiku)

I have trouble going to sleep because i think WAY to much. Not the type of thinking when you're deciding a solution,i just get caught up in my mind.

19. Ok,Mike i'm not umping to any conclusions,because I don't know if you were saying I was stretching the truth, or her. You didn't make that clear.

But if you mean me, then tough turkey, I'm just quoting what she said ^_^

20. worbs

worbs New Member

i know how that feels

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.