• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Dragonquest VIII

Discussion in 'Dragon Quest' started by EbeneezerAl, Aug 27, 2007.

1. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

So who played this? What did you think of it. Liked it, hated it, indifferent? What were the game's strong points? Weak points? Discuss the game, anything about it.

I beat this game, then traded it. Not because I didn't enjoy it, but because I didn't think I'd ever sit down and finish it. I'm kinda regretting it now, cause I wanna play it again. I thought it was a fun game. The story was pretty good and the comedy amused me. The battle system was simple, yet the game itself was very difficult. I was over 100 hours in before I was capable of beating the final boss.

The game had some fun and in depth side quests with some very good rewards. The monster arena side quest for one. Those coins sell for good money, and the ability to use the monster teams in battle is very beneficial. And the rewards for finding the Mini Medals ise very nice. Some very good equipment. And the Alchemy pot is quite fun, though easy to mess yourself up with if you aren't careful.

2. Yukie

Yukie Fist Pumps

Um..too long. I gave up years ago...lol!

3. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Yeah, it is long, but it's fun. Besides, now that I know not to train all of the skills together, I think I can probably get through it faster. You pick a couple. Otherwise you'll never get the good stuff.

Another thing that's kinda good is that you can never lose your experience by dying. You just loose half your money. And you can put that in banks for safe keeping.

If the game has any flaw is the difficulty of getting experience late game. The only things that really have the experience you need are the metal slimes, but those are difficult to defeat before they run away. There's a boomerrang that's supposed to be really good at killing them. I'll have to remember to save the ingredients I need for it. I sold one of them last time and couldn't make it.