• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Driving on memory lane...

Discussion in 'General' started by EtherealSummoner, Jan 14, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Do anyone knows how to drive? I just got my permit today and I just want to know what all of you think about it.

2. Luxoran

Luxoran New Member

It's exhilarating to finally get to drive by yourself after achieving a license; you don't need a guardian with you anymore. But it quickly becomes commonplace.

However, I DID manage to get myself a new car only yesterday and yes, I am inundated with excitement and self-satisfaction. I have made preparations to host a gloating parade tomorrow, if any of you want to attend.

Anybody care? No?
    All is well, then. [/sparkle]

3. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Drivng, even though I wanted to do it since I was 3, is overrated. You'll learn to hate it. From the paying for gas, insurance, etc. And then rush hour traffic really sucks.

4. Icarus

Icarus skinwalker

AHAHAHA! Oh god I love you <3

Don't have my permit. I'm too lazy to take the test. 8D

5. GrandShadow

GrandShadow I accept your challange.

i know how to drive and i have driven before, i just don't have my liscence yet

6. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I can drive. It sucks. Gas is expensive, and I don't think anyone really knows how to do drive properly. I spend more time swearing at people who don't know what to do at a four-way stop or who pull out in front of me at the last minute and then slow down than I spend enjoying the freedom of going where I please.

7. Avalantos

Avalantos Mr. Detective

I can drive, being in the UK I drive manual.

I have rolled one car and almost crashed my other a few times.

I'm a good driver, no one else is.

8. Kitty

That's exactly how I feel. :D

9. Flash Delirium

Flash Delirium Indie Rokkers

I know how to but I don't have my permit yet.

10. I got my license but hell no am I driving for lone distances. I have to pay for gas myself and my job isn't really covering up the entire cost that I would use for gas money.

11. LivingDeath

LivingDeath Dormina'd

Ah yes... I agree with this. I could drive since about 2 years ago (march if my memory is correct) without driving license.

Also, i always getting worn out just for 2 hours travel (with some stops). Maybe because i can't stand the heat.

12. No.III Xaldin

No.III Xaldin New Member

lol thats why i'd rather bike/walk, it keeps the focus up and you admire the details alot more

13. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

First few times is exciting. Then comes the gas, other people etc (like everyone has said)
    I'm more of a Public Transport loser. Cheaper, no hassle, air conditioned and reliable where I am.
    Also I don't have my learners yet (since I had a huge screw up with my name until I got my new passport). How I know all this? I drive sometimes. But I guess having that license would cross something of for an accomplishment list (I now race a number of lazy people to get my open license first)

14. I remember the first time I drove some jackass tried to run me off the road for no apparent reason.

15. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

Do you think that teenagers are not ready to drive yet because of inresponsibility and they be distracted a lot?

16. I'm not distracted when driving. To be quite honest, I wasn't one of the teens to be so excited when they got their license.

17. Kyuu

Kyuu your worst nightmare.

I've driven a couple of times in my life.. it was pretty fun, but I can't drive very well. >.<

What's the age you guys can get your license?

18. No.III Xaldin

No.III Xaldin New Member

16 for g1
    18 for a full g

19. Kitty

When I got mine, you could get a learner's permit at 15, and your full license a year later. My sister got hers more recently, and she had to be 16 to get her learner's, and hold it for a year before getting her full license.

I waited until I was 18, because I had no car and generally just didn't care about learning to drive until I had to.

I don't think individual teenagers are really that much more horrible at driving than adults. I think it's when they pack all of their friends into their car that they get distracted. But anyone would be paying a little less attention to the road with other people in the car.

20. Kyuu

Kyuu your worst nightmare.

Oh that's cool, because here you can't get your license until your 18. (and moped license at 15)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.