• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Espers

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XII' started by Kitty, Jan 30, 2008.

1. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I'd make a poll, but I can't remember all of their names off the top of my head v_v.

I only summoned espers twice- once because you have to in order to advance in the game, and the other because I wanted to see what they actually did. So I can't say they were especially useful to me. I did think they were cool-looking and the fights were a nice challenge, especially against Zodiark.

My favorite is probably Ultima, for the lame reason that she's all gold and pretty.

2. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

I enjoyed the process of finding and obtaining them all. But they were a waste of MP that was best spent on spells and quickenings.

The only one I found to be really useful was Zalera, or at least I think that was his name. It was the one you got in the Barheim Passage. Instant death to all enemies was a nice benefit. But I never used it because any enemies you killed with him dropped no items. Screw that. I need money.

They were also quite useful in some of the earlier marks. I use Belias on the Ghost (or whatever he was; the first one you fight in the Garamsythe Waterway). He always cast doom, and at that point, I couldn't cure it. So I'd just bring out Belias and have the summoner hang back so that the Ghost always targeted Belias, who was immune to the status.

3. Kitty

^That's an interesting strategy. I always just waited until Basch joined the party and threw phoenix downs as needed.

Anyways. I wish I'd bothered to summon Zalera, because insta-death can be pretty useful when leveling up. Maybe next time.

4. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

He's powerful. Just don't ever use him when you need the money, cause you won't get it.

5. Nikylee

Nikylee New Member

this maybe a newbie question but where is ultima
    he is th fina esper i need to get ^^
    i killed zodiark at level 55
    will that be enough to kill ultima?
    any help woul be fantastic :)

6. Kitty

Ultima is inside the Great Crystal in Giruvegan. She's a major pain in the ass to find. Your best bet would be to get a map of the crystal off gamefaqs and just follow it. I couldn't begin to explain how to get there.

And if you can kill Zodiark, I think you should be okay with Ultima. I don't remember what level I was, but I think I fought them one after the other.

7. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Yeah, if you killed Zodiark, he was much harder than Ultima was. Theo nlytrick to Ultima is that she has a constantly changing battle condition (HP Drain, MP Drain, Half Speed, etc). She has no cheap moves that can instant kill every member of your party ><.

Although, despite being a royal pain to beat, Zodiark was kinda cute, XD.

But seriously, the hardest part of Ultima is getting to her, in that the Great Crystal is a pain to navigate and that the enemies in that section are brutal.

8. Cecil!!!

Cecil!!! New Member

I only have 4 right now but probably Adrammelech

9. worbs

worbs New Member

i dont have a favorite. there all useless

10. dualblade

dualblade Break!

i have all of them except for ultima and zodiark.and i always liked adra the best,no matter who much the espers didnt really pawn in this game.i still to use em.

11. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I know all of the Espers since you don't know the espers name by heart Toph.

Belias, Mateus, Adrammalech, Cuchulainn, Exodus, Ultima, Chaos, Zodiark, Famfrit, Zalera, Hashmall, Zeromus, and Shemhazai.

My favorite esper: Zodiark, and he's my esper regardless of what people says. ^^

Last edited: Jan 8, 2013
  12. dualblade

dualblade Break!

He got them all.Adrammalech is still my favorite even know,and makes fighting Mateus so much easier.I have still yet to get Zodiark and Ultima,but I know im strong enough to get them and will after getting through Giruvegan on my current save file

13. crazykh

crazykh New Member

i have all the espers the hardest to get id zodiark

14. aqua007

aqua007 Banned

i have every single esper.took my 239 hours to find them all