• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Favorite Anime Movie?

Discussion in 'Anime & Manga' started by DV8playa, Dec 5, 2011.

1. DV8playa

DV8playa New Member

What's your top three favorite anime movies? Here's my three:

1. Spirited Away
    2. Howl's Moving Castle
    3. Pokemon: The First Movie

Last edited: Dec 6, 2011
  2. Hatori

Hatori New Member

Oh Goodness, how do I even begin?

1- Miyazaki movies
    2- Hetalia: Paint it, White!
    3- Pokemon the Movie 2000

3. DV8playa

DV8playa New Member

Oh, crap... I forgot about all the Pokemon movies... EDIT!!!

4. Corbenik_979

Corbenik_979 Member

1. Evangelion 2.22
    2. Evangelion 1.11
    3. Dragon Ball Z movie-8 Broly: The Legendary Super Saiyan

5. DV8playa

DV8playa New Member

Evangelion is decent.

6. Luke

Luke Member

any of the first 3 pokemon movies.
    Any of the inuyasha movies.
    4th naruto movie

7. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

This thread deserves a second chance for obvious reasons.
    *Non-illegal bump*

I love animated movies; they are the best. Favourites include:

Princess Mononoke
    Ponyo
    Spirited Away
    My Neighbour Totoro
    Howl's Moving Castle
    Castle in the Sky (Seriously anything Studio Ghibli has touched) ect. ect.
    The first few Pokemon movies
    Naruto movies

Out of curiousity, has anyone seen the latest Studio Ghibli film, The Secret World of Arrietty ? It looks fabulous and I'm aiming to watch it soon.

Last edited: Mar 3, 2012
  8. Hatori

Hatori New Member

yeah, I saw it yesterday. it was AWESOME.

9. Desert Warrior

Desert Warrior Well-Known Member

Aside from any Pokemon movies I saw as a kid (Which I'm not gonna count since I don't remember them all too well), there's only one anime movie I can think of seeing. Which is Ah! My Goddess the movie.

10. Light&dark

Light&dark Salute 2 dem hatas moffo!

Yugioh: Bonds Beyond Time
    Dragon Ball Z: The Legendary Super Sayin
    Yugioh: Pyramid Of Light

11. Desert Warrior

Today I remembered that I have seen more than just one anime movie. I've also seen Fate/Unlimited Blade Works. And I'm gonna see the Negima movie soon. Oh, and there is that Yu-Gi-Oh! movie that I got for Christmas a long time ago.

Ehh, I don't really consider the DBZ movies to be proper anime movies. Without commercials they're not even an hour long (Broly being the only exception).

12. Light&dark

Light&dark Salute 2 dem hatas moffo!

Well Im counting It as one...

13. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

That's fantastic to hear ! The closest movie theater to where I live that's playing The Secret World of Arrietty is an hour away, so I'm debating if I want to make the trip. However, I adore Hayao Miyazaki films, so I probably would have went irregardless.

Being more than an hour long isn't a requirement for a movie last time I checked. I was watching Lady and the Tramp last night and it's maybe a few minutes over the hour mark. (Granted, it's still more than an hour, but I've never considered length as a great factor to a movie.) Some of the older Christmas tales like Rudolph are only 40 some minutes long.

Why is it that all of the anime's you've mentioned thus far, excluding Yu-Gi-Oh, I haven't even heard of ? I'm starting to believe that I live under a rock :rolleyes:
    The Yu-Gi-Oh movie is pretty epic though (assuming that the one I watched in theaters many years ago is the only one.)

Also, I feel like mentioning that FullMetal Alchemist The Movie : Conqueror of Shamballa was amazing. I remember that my brother pulled it out for me to watch once I had finished the anime and I enjoyed it a lot :)

14. Desert Warrior

I don't know. Maybe because what I've listed aren't as commonly known in the Western hemisphere as the ones you have heard of (Although Dark Horse Comics does sell the Ah! My Goddess manga here in America). But the movies I have listed are good ones.

Bit of advice if you want to watch some of them. To understand anything about what is going on in Fate/Unlimited Blade Works you should first watch the anime Fate/Stay Night (Or watch some Let's Play videos of the visual novel they originate from). As for the Negima movie, I still haven't seen it but I have read some opinions that it isn't good (Which is a crying shame. The awesomeness that is the manga just can't get any justice with the animes).

15. Suriel

Suriel New Member

Howl's Moving Castle
    Naruto Movies
    Bleach: The Diamond Dust Rebellion
    Pokemon: The First Movie

16. DarkAngel

DarkAngel Banned

1. Nasuca & the vally of the wind
    2. Howls moveing castle
    3. Spirited away
    (Not exactly in that order...I realy do like those movies and I ain't just copying the first post)

17. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

I forgot to mention Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind. That was a really good one too; I think it was actually the first Studio Ghibli film that I have ever seen. Nausicaä was an amazing Warrior Princess. I actually read a thing about Hayao Miyazaki which stated that he's a hard core feminist. That explains why most of his main characters are women :rolleyes:

I've never even heard of Dark Horse Comics. I'm more of a Shonen Jump person, but I am now convinced that I have to visit Shoppers more often to see the comics and manga's that they have. I'm clearly missing out on something.

Thanks for the advice; It's March Break and I'm a little bored so this just may be the solution, depending if I find it interesting of course. Would I find these "Let's Play videos" on Youtube or would I have to go on an actual anime site ? There's no harm with me checking both, I really have nothing better to do anyway.

18. Desert Warrior

Dark Horse Comics is similar to Marvel or DC. I haven't the slightest clue as to why they also sell manga.

Personally I would just go with the anime first to get into it, and then if you like it you could go watch videos of the actual visual novel. I believe YouTube has some Let's Play videos, but if you can't find them on YouTube then here's a link for it. Clicky.

I might as well add that Fate/Stay night is an H-game (Has sex scenes). I haven't watched any of the videos of the link I put, but I read that they H-scenes are skipped. And I quote:

19. Noir

Noir

I currently know..
    Pokémon Black - Victini and Reshiram
    Almost all of the Naruto movies.
    Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - Arceus and the Jewel of Life
    Dragon Ball Z Movie 12 - Janemba
    Pokémon Diamond and Pearl - Ranger and the Temple of the Sea
    Shin Angyo Oshi (Korean animation movie, similar to Japanese anime movies)

20. BlueLightning

BlueLightning New Member

Spirited Away!! Omg love that movie soo much xD can't stop watching it hehe ^^