• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Favorite Comic Strips

Discussion in 'General' started by Betty Boop, Jul 1, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

My family always gets a newspaper every week so I have been reading these since I could read. King Features Syndicates has been in business since the '20s, and they've been churning out great comics ever since.
    My Favorites:

1. Beetle Bailey~ The antics at ol' Camp Swampy are fun to read. I love M*A*S*H so I dig the realistic humor in odd situations. Poor Sarge. :cool:
    2. Peanuts
    3. Mutt & Jeff~ Buddy Fisher was the first millionaire by cartooning! It was the antics of Augustus J. Mutt & his friend Jeff--who he met at a mental institution-- as they bet on the ponies.
    4. Nancy
    5. Dagwood
    6. Family Circus
    7. Pearls Before Swine
    8. Lucky Cow
    9. Luann
    10. Curtis

Did you know that the dreams of many famous comic book creators was to be in the Saturday Post? What's the Saturday Post you ask? Aww...

http://www.toonepedia.com/ will tell you everything you ever wanted to know about comics & cartoons.

Last edited: Jul 1, 2007
  2. Whiplash

Whiplash New Member

Peanuts and Calvin and Hobbes are the only two I bother with. When I was younger I enjoyed Garfield, and he's okay in moderation and age I guess.

3. Duelist Dx

Duelist Dx New Member

Garfield stays fun yes.

Does Cyanide and Happyness count?

4. Whiplash

Whiplash New Member

Well if we're going to add webcomics to the list I'd also like to throw in xkcd, Cat and Girl and PvP.

5. Riku

Riku New Member

Yeah...

Those comic books are very funny lol, I see them most of the time in the newspaper.

6. Betty Boop

Betty Boop New Member

If we add in webcomics then 8-Bit Theatre is a must. It uses sprites from the original FF. That Black Mage is evil.;)

Garfield is ok, but alittle too repetitive at times.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.