• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

FF IV DS remake

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy I-VI' started by No.III Xaldin, Jan 4, 2010.

1. No.III Xaldin

No.III Xaldin New Member

i recently bought final fantasy 4 for the ds and i can say, its a great remake of the old NES version. it is exacly 95% the same as the clasic ff 4, exept for the 3d grafics.

it even has (spoiler) voice over that made me shit bricks. it was the first time i heard a hand-held final fantasy game having that for all the side-scenes. it is by far the best ff remake of the classic versions (my opinion)

you can post all comments on the game here, good or bad

2. Luxoran

Luxoran New Member

Though never having completed the game (the remade version, I've bested FF IV before) I must agree with your projection. The voice-over work - does that really need a spoiler? - was absolutely fantastic and gave the game a sort of depth that really made it enjoyable to play.

Comparing it to Final Fantasy 3 for the DS: FF IV wins this one. I found FF III a bit of a bore after certain points. The battle system and its sluggish progression left much more to be desired, and the...

Wait, did it have voice-over work? Can't recall...

Anyway, in terms of DS Final Fantasy games, FF IV is assuredly the best. Better than Revenant Wings as well, though that isn't saying much. Revenant wasn't all that impressive.

Last edited: Jan 4, 2010
  3. No.III Xaldin

No.III Xaldin New Member

sorry about the spoilers, but ff IV is still unknown on my part of canada, so it was just a precaution for the new players

i do believe they will go on 'til final fantasy 6, or maybe even the classic playstation too, since its a similar graphic desing

4. Beloved

Beloved Azure's Beloved

I too have found this to be a very enjoyable experience. FF2 was the very first FF game I played. I was extatic when it was released for for the PS1 along with Chrono Trigger, as FFIV.

When I saw the DS remake, I had to have it. It is very addictive, and though sometimes actions in battle were a little slow to commence, I loved it. The voice work and cinematics were phenomenal, and gave the game to kind of depth that the previous version didn't have.

5. Bulbie

Bulbie New Member

Ah, I also enjoyed playing this game. :3
    I haven't got past the Dark elf yet though, because I borrowed the game to a friend.
    He just got past the Dark elf himself after having the game for more than half a year. :rolleyes:

Hehe. Well, at least I have FFIII too so I can play it while I wait. ^^