• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy XII - Tournesol Guide

Discussion in 'Final Fantasy XII' started by EbeneezerAl, Dec 11, 2007.

1. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

OK, for those of you who don't know, the Tournesol is the second most powerful weapon in FFXII. the problem is, it's really hard to get. You have to go through a complicated process of collecting and selling the proper loot to the bazaar, and most of that is rare loot.

Most guides and FAQ's explain how to get the required items by fighting rare game. However, pretty much all of those rare monsters vanish once you've gotten their trophy. So if you've fought a lot of rare game, you may have trouble with it.

This is why I wrote a FAQ for doing this without rare game. Every item is obtainable from a normally encountered enemy. It was a royal pain to find them all, so I figured I'd save someone else the trouble and write a FAQ on how to do it.

So, for anyone who's interested, here's a link to my Tournesol guide on GameFAQs. I hope people find it helpful.

GameFAQs: Final Fantasy XII (PS2) No Rare Game Tournesol Guide by EbeneezerAl

To those of you using this, good luck.

2. Riku

Riku New Member

lol

Thanks for this Ebal, I...might try it.

3. sma2112

sma2112 New Member

lol i just saw that dude my bros gonna use it cuz i accidentaly opened the jars way back when when we first got the game without knowing XP

4. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

So did everyone else. I hope it works well for ya'all.

Your welcome Riku.

5. Luke

Luke Member

It works !

woo, thanks alot EbeneezerAl :)

6. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

First of all, your welcome. Glad it was helpful.

Secondly, damn that was fast. It took me a couple of weeks to get everything I needed, and this was back before I had a job. The enemies just wouldn't drop the items I needed.

7. Luke

Luke Member

Yea i have liek no life on school days after work so ya lol.

8. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I never found it to be that hard to get the items. Most of them I stumbled across randomly, and all I had to do was find out the recipe. But thanks for spending all that time to type that up. It'll help someone.

9. EbeneezerAl

EbeneezerAl New Member

Well, if I hadn't just sold everything I had to the bazaar as soon as I got it, not realizing I had to do all of this, I would have found it a lot easier. Unfortunately, I unknowingly sold all my stuff and basically wasted it. Because without selling it the proper way, you don't get the items you need.

10. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

I held onto anything that looked vaguely rare or important as if my life depended on it. And completing hunts and finding the espers can get you a lot of the ingredients for Tournesol without you doing anything. I got two serpentarius and a couple of the other stuff that way.