• Square Elite
  1. If you are having trouble logging in, check the box, "stay logged in" to fix the issue. Thanks! —KHP Staff
  2. Hi Guest, you may have noticed that we aren't khplanet.com anymore. For more information on why these changes are happening, check out our thread, Site Re-Brand Updates

Final Fantasy XIII-2 revealed! Will KH3 be delayed?

Discussion in 'Square-Enix Games' started by Ventus, Jan 18, 2011.

1. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

Final Fantasy XIII Gets A Second Chance With A Second Game

I may be alone here but I thoroughly enjoyed FFXIII and I'm happy its getting a sequel. The problem is, will Kingdom Hearts 3 be delayed any further. I think, no. Here's why. They have already made the foundation of Final Fantasy XIII meaning fewer people need to work on it. The KH crew may not be a part of the production this time around. I, at this moment, prefer Final Fantasy XIII over the Kingdom Hearts games of recent times but I hope to see more of KH3D and KH3 soon but right now I am fed up of the constant portable games. Let's see a step up!

Napoléon likes this.
  2. Napoléon

Napoléon Kuroko Fangirl

I thought Final Fantasy XIII was an alright game, I found that the battle system was difficult to get used to (Changing your jobs in the mist of battle), but once I got use to it, the game was more enjoyable. I'm nervous, however, for a sequel because X-2 was miserable in my opinion so I'm hoping they do well in making XIII-2 not like that.

I think it's still going to be a long while before Kingdom Hearts 3 will be released, but I doubt that they're going to delay working on it any further to make new Final Fantasy games but we'll see. Hopefully it comes out in 2013, or sometime soon >.<

3. Kitty

Kitty I Survived The BG Massacre Staff Member Administrator

The hell? How about releasing the continuously delayed XIII Versus and Agito first?

I don't think this will have an impact on KH III, because the Versus team is the one who will supposedly work on that. And I would assume that S-E isn't so stupid to put off KH III for another 3+ years (and that after Versus is completed) while that team works on yet another XIII game, especially when the original XIII in general seemed to be a disappointment.

4. Goldfish

Goldfish Cats in the Cradle

Looks like Square would of kept this under wraps seeing how they plan to release it this year. Or it's just a quick job to expect sales like what XIII did.

5. Moogle

Moogle Well-Known Member

I was under the impression that XIII Versus and 2 were the same thing, given the gameplay video I just saw somewhere else.

6. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

I enjoyed X-2. May not be up to par with X but it is still a good game in my opinion. I just don't want to hear people complaining about how bad XIII-2 is such a terrible game. I have already heard about how they said that XIII was horrible.

7. Ventus

Ventus Kickass Keyblader!

XIII was a good game overall. The battle system and exploration could be improved but that's what they're going to work on. Look, you have a huge undiscovered world; I'm sure that there will be exploration now. They must learn from their mistakes and commit to it.

8. EtherealSummoner

EtherealSummoner Lamentations 3:22-26

No duh. I mean, really. Even though I do not own the game, I do know that they made a mistake of not adding any side quests or mini games to play and that you can hardly do anything and the characters do not excite the player. Same thing with X-2. The dresspheres are great and you have new mini games but I do not like the fact that they change the way on how you play blitzball and the storyline may not be better than X but you can play the game from many different perspectives.

X-2 had its own flaws but X-2 is not a terrible game. XIII-2 will not be a negative game too but only if the players can actually stop trying to find so many things to complain.

9. Kitty

I think it's a mistake to title the game XIII-2. X-2 may have sold a lot of copies, but I don't think many people would claim it's a favorite. I think there's a negative connotation there, whether the game is really as bad as some people make it out to be or not.

But seriously, I wouldn't have expected them to announce this game out of the blue like that, and while (I assume) there are still fans out there waiting to here about Versus, especially, but Agito too. Ah well, whatever they think will make money, I suppose.

10. Destiny

Destiny Guest

I don't follow FF as much(never got hooked when played at friend's places and I don't like starting with game X when I didn't play I-IV even if they don't apply) but KH(except of recent, hate life sometimes) I'm fully caught onto and I know what happens when they over lapped.

So what do I mean, the team that Normura has assigned for KHIII is strictly working on Versus, meaning just from that, the team can't work on two games at once. Now then with this new game being developed this tells me this is a completely different team in no way shape or form connected to KHIII. So... unless Versus is delayed again KHIII will not be delayed. Plus I'm sure Normura not that big of an idiot, he knows fans are sick and tired of the small portable game crap, I'm sure he probably gets like five million complaints a day about it.

So overall summaries, no worries on KHIII as long as there are no wories on Versus

11. Kitty

Seems to me like there should be plenty of worries about Versus. This game was announced years ago, and there still hasn't been a release date announced, as far as I know. But I agree, this new game doesn't seem like it should impact development on KH III.